My Boy Hood

Oh My God Sam

So this is awkward.

I was not expecting to be dancing of any kind to happen at this party. What a fool I was. What did Sam and I do? Nothing. We stood off to the side, along with a lot of other adults and watched the many young and older partners swing around on the dance floor. You know, I had to admit it was pretty tempting to go out there and dance, but decided against it. I mean, the only partner I could possibly think of dancing with was with Sam and we haven’t said two words to each other since we got in here.

What happened to the whole ‘crashing the party’ deal? That feeling died the moment we walked into the doors and seeing what this party was really made up of. I knew I shouldn’t expect a stereotypical party where everybody could grab a coke and play a bunch of games, yes me and my typical teenage mind. This was more elite, your typical rich man party. Yeah, I know, but still, I wasn’t expecting a party like this.

A ball seems like a more appropriate phrase.

At one point, I think Sam got thirsty, so excused himself to get a drink. I watched the people dance until I felt a tap on my shoulder, “Excuse me, miss?”

I turned, and a man that had had to be at least twenty smiled in my presence smiled, “May I ask why a lovely lady like you doing alone here?”

Because my mother told me so? Or maybe it’s the fact that I’m trying to protect my man pride? I had to keep myself from laughing at my thoughts, “Oh, just enjoying the view.”

The man had dark hair, and a handsome face. From the way he carried himself, I could tell he was use to getting his way. I’m sure with the money he had, he could woo any girl he had his eyes on.

“My, a pretty girl such as you should be taking control of the dance floor.”

I could tell he wanted to dance, but from the look in his eyes, I could tell that I was no stranger to him. “I supposed nobody’s taken the chance to ask me to do so.”

“Today is my lucky day then.” He bent slightly, sticking his hand out, “May I have the pleasure in dancing with you, Nickole?”

My guard shot up, but I didn’t show any shock on my face. How did he know my name? He couldn’t have known unless he asked me. Something caught my eye, and I saw my mother, who was patiently waiting me to accept this man’s offer. I wanted to refuse, but knew I couldn’t with her watching. Either she put this man up to it, or he was trying to make a show of himself. I placed my hand in his and he led me to the center of the dance floor.

Luckily I knew how to dance.

As we danced around, I looked everywhere except into this guy’s eyes. I regret not refusing his offer, because he wouldn’t shut up. “It’s a shame that my father just won’t reinstate the property to me, since I’m the rightful owner anyways.”

I really didn’t catch a word he said, so I just replied, “That’s too bad.”

Only after a minute did the music stopped and I saw Sam come up beside us. He cleared his throat, “I’m sorry, but may I cut in?”

Even though he was polite, I could tell he was giving the guy no other choice, “Thank you.”

He took my hand in time to the music. We were off, and I couldn’t help but laugh, “Thank. God. I swear he wouldn’t shut up.”

He smirked, and then frowned, “What were you thinking? Running off without telling me?”

I shrugged, “Spur of the moment, and I wanted to dance.”

He clicked his tongue, “You were supposed to save the first dance for me. I am your date after all.”

I smiled, “How about we start over?”

“Sure.” He said.

The music changed to a much slower song, and our waltz became the simple steps of going in circle. I looked to see many partners disperse to be replaced by true couples. The dance floor was filling up quick. I could feel Sam’s cheek gently brush against mine, “You know, I never had a chance to say this, but you look beautiful tonight.”

I could feel my ears get hot, and I heard him chuckle, “What? No ‘thank you’”

I had to smile, then looked up in his blue eyes, “Thanks.”

He sort of just stared for a second, after a few seconds he averted his eyes, embarrassed. I was wondering what he was thinking at that moment. I didn’t know if he felt awkward being here tonight with me, since he was so used to seeing me as a guy for so long. Was he looking at me differently as a girl? Or did he see me as the same Old Nick he knew? I wondered if he was going to act differently around me since I was a girl to him now. God, I pray he doesn’t say the name Nickole around the others.

“Nickole.” He said at one moment that night.

“Yeah?”

“I’ll do my best to keep this a secret,” He started, “and if you need anything, just tell me.”

I said okay, and silence followed us after that. Not the awkward kind, but just the silence that seemed sweet, to me that is. I guess the allowed for new opportunities for the future as we will carry out the rest of our life.

You know, I just realized something, I never told Sam why I was pretending to be a guy in the first place.

Oh joy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sam was jealous? Oh my... why? :o does he like her? Haha i love him x] So, the next chapter will be the last chapter pertaining to the party ;o Nicky's mom comes in the next chapter! xD