My Boy Hood

A Declaration of Love!

Later in the day, we heard announcer say that all contestants needed to grab a number card. Lala and I bidded our farewells and we got into line for our number. “Judging from how far we are, we’re either in the twenties or thirties.”

“They only allowed the first fifty people sign up. It’s going to be great though, they’re having fireworks at the end. Whoever’s last is lucky and unlucky. They get the fireworks during the end of their performance, yet they have to wait so long to get on stage.”

I wonder who was going to go last. I looked at the back, but the line was too long to see. It took ten minutes before the judge was able to check us off and hand us a number card. “You have to hand that back to us so we can call you off. Failure to that and you’re disqualified.”

We walked off, “What a bitch.” Lala muttered.

“I’d watch what you’re saying. It’s up to her and three others if you get in the top five.” I pointed out.

“Oh, well. Let’s go find the others.” She said, walking along.

We found them sitting at a picnic table, chatting. We squeezed in, which left me to sit by Sam. “Hey,” He whispered, “You totally missed the best conversation ever.”

“What was it?” I asked.

“Jer asked if I’ve ever seen Ronda Johnson’s daughter lately. He mentioned the conversation you two had earlier.”

“What did you tell him?” I asked.

He raised his hand to cover it from everyone else at the table, “I said ‘sure! I danced with her last weekend!’”

He started chuckling. I stared at him in horror, “Did he even buy that?”

“No, of course not. I told him I’ve seen her a few weeks back though at the gas station I work at. He asked what I thought when I first saw her.”

He went silent, and I could tell he was debating with something, “Anyway.” He whispered, “I thought about saying something bogus, but when I saw how serious he was, I just went with the flow-“

“Tell me what you said already!” I hissed.

“I told him I was speechless.” He finished, looking at me then looked above my head, “But after a while I told her how beautiful she was. She was cute as a kid, but now she became a real woman. She was the prettiest girl there was.”

He smiled at me, “I really meant what I said too. Why are you blushing?”

I turned away from him, “I’m not blushing!”

I could feel the laughter shaking from him, “Don’t lie, let me see!”

“Pst! Nick!” Lala said, with her hand covering her mouth, “Look at your phone!”

I did and it was a text:

Lala: Does he know your secret?

Me: Yes.

Lala: Are you two dating?


“No!” I screamed in shock.

“You sure?” She winked.

ͼ(ϙ^ϙ)ͽ


I felt Nicky slam her phone down on the table, “No!”

“You sure?” Lala asked.

That was Nicky’s cue to start chasing her. I looked down at the phone which had the three texted laid out. I chuckled which made Jason ask, “What’s so funny, Sam?”

I patted his head with one hand and exited out of Nicky’s texted on her phone with the other, “You’re a hundred years too young to understand.”

I blacked out the screens phone leaning on the picnic table, “Yo, Jer.”

He looked at me, “Yeah?”

He did ask about Nicky earlier, and I could tell he had a small crush on the girl he’s only seen once in his life, “I won’t let you win, you know?”

Of course I had the advantage at the moment, knowing Nicky’s true identity. He gave me a confused look, “Huh?”

I chuckled, if he only knew. It was fine the way things were at the moment. I leaned my head against my fist and watched Nicky chase her friend. Even now, knowing her secret, I could only see her as a girl with every move she made. When the moment came for the two girls to catch their breath, she caught my eye. I had a huge smirk plastered on my face.

She extended a hand and raised a beautiful middle finger. I didn’t lose my grin though. She was still blushing, and she was really cute, disguised as a guy or not. She was blaming with whatever her friend was saying, but I didn’t care, I was fine with it.

“Hey, Sam?” Jeremy said.

I looked at my rival, “Hm?”

“That conversation we had, can we keep that conversation between us?”

I looked at Nicky again, who was laughing, “It’s a little late for that.”

“How come?” He asked.

“Why don’t you ask her?” I just said.

“Lala?” Jason asked.

I chuckled, “No, no. She’ll be the next to know though. Don’t worry about it, Jer. It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.”

I looked at Jeremy. He was sighing, “Okay…”

Blake sat down at the table, arms full of snacks, “Jeremy, I don’t know if you know this, but you’re very romantic!”

“What the hell made you think that?” He exclaimed

Blake laughed, “It’s the way you act! Seriously! It’s a compliment! Not very many guys are like you, you know?”

That was true. I looked at my surrounding friends, all who seemed to be tied by Nicky’s influence. Jeremy was a very nice guy, and he rarely showed that compassion outside his group of friends. I wasn’t like him. I was possessive and I wasn’t afraid to admit it. I caught his eye, “I’m telling you now: it’s war!”

“What the hell do you keep saying?” He exclaimed in frustration.

That was when the announcements came on and it was time for the competition.
♠ ♠ ♠
lol the chap is more like a declaration of war but love sounded more intense xD