My Boy Hood

KMN...

“Have a seat, Nicholas.” The man said, not bothering to put down his newspaper down.

I took a seat in front of his desk. What was this? Is this that test fathers give to their daughters boyfriends so they can scare the hell out of them? Did they still do that these days? Or was it the fact that I was brought into that category? He finally put down the newspaper, “I honestly don’t understand why my wife does this kind of thing. What does she expect me to do?”

His arms were on his desk, and I finally spoke up, “She thinks I’m dating Summer-“

“Are you?” He asked.

“No, sir-“ I started.

“Are you saying my daughter isn’t dating material?” He asked, staring me down.

I sighed, “No, I mean, she’d be a sweet girl to date, but-“

“Are you saying you’re too good to date Summer?” He demanded.

I wanted to bang my head into a wall, why was this happening? “No! I’m just saying I’m dating any girl! I don’t really want to date, anyways. I’m too busy with basketball and school. I don’t have time to please anyone.”

I finally got it out, and God, I was getting agitated. We had a stare down for a few minutes until he asked, “What place do you stand in your grade?”

The question took me back, “I’m not sure, really. Second or third I would think.”

He nodded, “Basketball is a bonus too. Okay, we’re done here. I grant you permission to date my daughter if you ever will, but if you break her heart-“

“You may hunt me down and kick my ass.”

I probably shouldn’t have said ass, but that broke the man into laughter, “Get out of my office.”

I did and I found my way to the door and Summer was there. She looked at me with pity and whispered, “Sorry. You’ll really be late now.”

I shrugged, “Doesn’t matter, I’ll be going now.”

“Wait!” she grabbed my arm, “There’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you. Penny wants to go on a double date with her and Blake-“

“Blake?”

She nodded, “She texted me a second ago saying he agreed to go with her, and you’re the only guy that I could ask to go.”

I felt that if I agreed, I’d be pressing her mom to believe we were actually dating. Summer’s done a lot for me, and I felt that this would be the least I could do to help pay her back, “Okay. Where are we going?”

“We’re going to see a movie at noon, so you could meet us there.”

That was in town, but I agreed. I bid my goodbyes and left through the door. When I got down the street, I dialed Blake’s number, “Nick, oh my God-“

“What the hell were you thinking? Because of you I got a special interview from Summer’s dad.”

That wasn’t exactly the truth, but I didn’t care, “I-I don’t know, dude. She asked and I just freaked out. She said you would be there and I just agreed.”

“How did she know I would be there?” I asked.

“I don’t know! She just said that and I felt obligated to agree!”

I sighed, “Okay… Where you at?”

“Walking up Maple Street. I’m almost home.”

“I’ll talk to you tomorrow, then.” And I hung up.

What was Penny up to? I knew she was planning something for Summer, but what? I guess I wouldn’t find out until tomorrow. I got home at 10:30. I was tired, and Dad was sitting at the couch watching TV. “Hey, Dad.” I said, getting ready to head upstairs.

“Nicky, wait a minute. Come here and sit down.”

I did. I sat down on the arm, getting comfortable, “What’s up?”

“It’s rare to see you home late, what happened?” He asked, looking over from the TV.

I shrugged, “I walked Summer home. I would have made it back sooner but her mom made me talk to her dad.” I sighed like I wanted to cry, “They think I’m dating Summer. It’s stupid, really. After I got done explaining I wasn’t, I agreed to go on a double date with her!”

“That’s very unfortunate.” He said, “But what’s the worst that could happen?”

I slipped from the arm so I was half laying on the couch, “I can’t wait for it to be said and done.”

“Why don’t you head off to bed, it seems you’ve had a long day.” He said it almost gently, strange, coming from him.

I rolled off the couch and started upstairs and I could hear my father sing, “I want it all back. I want it all, I want it all back.”

I ran up the rest of the stairs. Why didn’t I stop to think he was even at the festival? I should have known, but I wonder who he went with. The only time he was going to a place alone was when it involved a bar. I changed my clothes and jumped in bed. I didn’t need to worry about such things.

I sat my alarm, and pray Dad doesn’t ground me for doing that concert.
♠ ♠ ♠
O_O okay, if you don't know what KMN means - it means "Kill Me Now" which is something Nicky obviously experienced talking to Summer's dad lol :P

I don't know if i mentioned this before but i never realized the picture i chose for Jason is actually Zain (Zane or whatever) from One Direction.... lol