Status: Finished! :)

AbSYNthe

I've Lost My Mind

Brian's POV


I walked around this entire fucking property, not just the house but the back and front yard along with both the basement and the attic. There is no dog, not even any dog toys or food. I fucking remember getting a dog! It pissed on my goddamn shoe!

I walked into the living room to see Angel sitting on the couch watching 50.50. I sat down on the stairs where Angel couldn't see me. Was she doing all this to make me believe that I am losing it? Or am I really losing it? I need to talk to Jimmy, if she is doing this to make me think I'm going bonkers then maybe he noticed something last night.

“Angel?” I called walking downstairs.

“What, baby?” she said absentmindedly, not taking her eyes from her movie.

“I'm gonna go over to Jimmy's for a while.” I stated, I didn't for it to come out as emotionless as I did, but from time to time this shit situation that is my life gets the best of me.

“Are you okay?” Angel asked pausing her movie and turning so that she was facing me.

“I'm fine, I just need to talk to him.” I said walking to the door and putting my shoes on.

She got up from her spot on the couch and made her over to me.

“Well, are weokay?” she asked, wrapping her arms around my neck and giving me a soft smile.

“Of course.” I said, wrapping my arms around her waist.

She looked at me for a moment before she spoke, “We can get a dog if you want one.”

“No, I – Well I don't know what that was about.” I said, not really wanting to talk about it anymore.

“Are you sure your okay?” She asked.

No.

“Yeah, I'm fine babe. I just need to talk to Jimmy.” I said, grabbing my car keys from my pocket.

“Okay, call me when you get ready to leave.” she said reaching up and connecting our lips.

“I will.” I said once I pulled away.

At Jimmy's House


I have been standing outside Jimmy's door for ten fucking minutes and he still hasn't answered.

Jimmy! Get the fuck out here NOW!” I yelled as loud as I could.

The door finally opened revealing a rather tired and pissed Jimmy.

“What?” he asked, in his 'don't fuck with me' voice.

“I need to talk to you.” I said walking into the house.

“Obviously.” he said walking into the kitchen and coming back with two beers.

“It's a little early to be drinking isn't it?”

“Not when you stayed up all night getting drunk on absinthe with your best friends girlfriend who has a psychotic split-Personality and-”

“Alright, I got it.” I said taking the beer.

“Now what's up, Gates?” Jimmy asked flopping down next to me on his couch.

“Karma.”

“What about Karma?” he asked

“Did I have a dog named Karma?”

“Is this a test?”

“No, just answer the question.”i said getting a little impatient.

“No, not the I remember.”

“Then why do I remember having one.”

“Maybe you had one when you were little.” Jimmy reasoned.

“No, I remember going with Angel and getting a little spotted dog. She wanted it because it pissed on my shoe and we named it Karma and it shit everywhere!”

“I don't remember you guys talking about a dog.” Jimmy said looking at me like I had sprouted a second head.

Jimmy and I watched TV for a while and worked on some songs, I know that he is trying to distract me from the thoughts playing in my mind. But I welcome the distraction. In fact, I need it. I know now that I am losing it, I feel helpless and tired. I don't know how to protect Angel from Adrienne and I don't know how to keep from having a complete mental breakdown. I can't afford that, who would take care of Angel. I know that Matt and Jimmy would for a while, but they will eventually get fed up and leave her and then its only a matter of time before Adrienne kills herself and Angel and that isn't something I can let happen. I don't know how but I have to stop this all of it.

“How did you do it?”

“Do what?” Jimmy asked, looking up from the TV.

“How did you stop Adrienne from coming out?”

“Uh, I don't really know. Me and Angel just got drunk on absinthe. That's really the only thing. Maybe it was the absinthe.” Jimmy said.

“Do you have any?” I asked.

“You know it!” he yelled running over to his liquor cabinet and coming back with a bottle.

“Here ya go.”

“Thanks.”

“No problem, I hope it works.”

“Me too.” I said as I got up and walked towards the door.

“Gates.”

“Yeah man.” I said looking back at him.

“You look tired.”

“I know, I'm just trying to figure this all out.” I said once I reached the door.

“You can always talk to me about anything, you know right, man?” Jimmy said.

“I know. Thanks.”

“It's what Jimmy's are for.” he smiled before he spoke again. “ Now be gone so I may sleep.” he said before running off.

Gotta love him.

Once I was in my car I pulled my cell-phone out and dialed the house.

“Hello, sweetie!” Angel answered.

“Hey, what's up.” I said, I couldn't help but smile at the sound of her voice even if I am going mad.

“Nothing just waiting for you to get home.”

“Well, I’ll be there soon.”

“Okay, I made us dinner. Tacos.”

“Thanks babe. I'll be home soon.”

“Okay, I love you.”

“I love you too.” I said before hanging up and starting the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the slow updates. maybe they wouldn't be so slow if got more feedback. just saying.