Status: Finished! :)

AbSYNthe

Puppy Chow?!

When I entered our home, the wonderful smell of tacos floated up my nostrils. It made me remember how hungry I was and how long it had been since I last ate...Actually, I can't even remember the last time I ate. I'm letting all of this shit with Angel and Adrienne stress me out. I mean, who wouldn't be stressed out? It's just that I've been doing this so long and I'm starting to get sick of it. It seems more worrisome now than it used to. But I was younger then, and now I'm starting to get old...Well, not that old, just older. 

"Honey, I'm home!" I called out the cliche line to Angel. I heard her giggle from the living room. I smiled to myself at her cute giggle and entered the living room. She was sitting there with her knees pulled up to her chest. It seemed chilly in here and I noticed the goosebumps raising up on her arms, so I grabbed a soft blanket off of the chair and took it over to her. A sweet smile formed on her lips as I spread the blanket over her. 

"Hey babe." she greeted me, holding her arms out for a hug. I sat down beside of her and wrapped my arms around her thin waist. She sighed as I leaned up and gently kissed her lips. We kissed for about two minutes before I pulled away and leaned my head on her shoulder and closed my eyes. I miss things like this. It seems like I'm always just worried or scared...or confused. I just need to love her and be here for her like I'm supposed to be. I wasn't supposed to let Adrienne take over this part of our life. 

"I love you." I whispered to her as I threaded my fingers through hers. 

"I love you, too, Brian. But what do you want? I'm almost certain that the tacos didn't bring this out of you." I chuckled at her. 

"You'd be surprised at what tacos can do. But, seriously, I just missed you. I want to make tonight all about you." I told her in a seductive voice before I leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her neck. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I kissed along her jaw line. 

"The tacos are getting cold." she whispered into my ear. I stopped kissing her and pulled away with a laugh. 

"You're right. Let's eat, this can wait." I told her with a sly smirk. She chuckled as she pushed the covers off of herself and stood up. 

"Go wash your hands and I'll fix you a plate." she told me, pointing towards the bathroom upstairs. 

"As you wish, my love." I told her happily before jogging up the stairs. I pulled my jacket off when I got into the bathroom and laid it down on the sink. I then slowly washed my hands with soap, making sure they were completely free of any dirt or pen marks. I turned the water off and dried my hands with a towel. I took a good look in the mirror and fixed a couple of out-of-place hairs. I felt ready, so I grabbed my jacket and walked quickly back into the hallway. I opened the coat closet and pulled out a rack to hang my coat on. I put the coat on the rack and hung it next to my other coats. I was about to shut the door when I glanced down and noticed the corner of something hanging out from under a coat. Apparently one of Angel's coats fell off of the rack. I picked the coat up, and I was startled by what was under it. Dog food?! What the fuck?! So I'm not crazy! We did have a fucking dog and now I have proof. I threw Angel's coat back down and grabbed the bag of Puppy Chow. I stormed downstairs to the kitchen and threw the bag of dog food down on the floor, causing some of it to spill out onto the floor. Angel jumped and turned around from the sink. Her eyes grew wide as she saw the dog food and looked at me with a worried expression. 

"What the fuck is this?! Are you just fucking with me?! Is this a fucking game?! Because you told me that we never had a dog even though I fucking remember getting one! I bought this bag of dog food the same damn day!" I yelled at her. She seemed startled by my sudden change in mood. 

"Are you fucking bipolar?!" she yelled, falling to her knees to clean up the spilled chow. I raised my eyebrows as I looked at her. She better not push me too far. I put my hands on my hips so she would know that I was waiting for an explanation. 

"Look, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you, but we never got a dog because you were too much of an asshole to let me get one!" she yelled, tears brimming her eyes. 

"Adrienne!...I mean, Angel! If we didn't have a dog, then why the hell do we have puppy chow?!" I called, scolding myself for calling her Adrienne on accident. 

"Because I've been feeding a stray, alright? I didn't tell you because I know you hate dogs. And I don't know who the fuck Adrienne is, but I hope you're very happy with her!" I saw tears start to fall as she took the dog food and stormed upstairs. Great. What have I done now?

I looked over at the table and saw a plate of tacos that she had prepared for me. I was hungrier than shit, but I had lost my fucking appetite. Great. I sighed before I started up the stairs behind Angel. I could hear her crying from the hallway and I couldn't decide whether or not I should go in. I need to apologize and make things right, though. I slowly walked into our bedroom and sat down on the bed beside of her. She had her head covered up and she was still crying. She finally uncovered her head when I placed my hand on her shoulder. 

"Who's Adrienne?" she asked me while looking into my eyes with her swollen and puffy, red ones. 

"Adrienne is no one. And I'm not cheating on you. I love you and no one else." I told her truthfully. I didn't know what else to say if she didn't believe me. I just hope she knows me well enough to tell when I'm lying or not. 

"I love you, too." she replied sadly. This means that she does believe me, and I'm grateful for that. 

"I'm glad you believe me. I'm sorry for yelling at you...I'm just really confused. I swear to God I remember getting a dog." I told her, sliding under the covers beside of her. 

"I know. But we've never had a dog, Brian." she told me, a truthful look in her eyes. What the fuck?! Maybe I am crazy!

"I don't hate dogs." I stated, ignoring the fact that I'm apparently insane. 

"You don't?" she asked, sniffling and wrapping her tiny arms around me. 

"No. They're just a lot of responsibility. We can get a dog, Angel. Just make sure that it is house trained." I told her, giving in a second time...I think...She gave me a satisfied smirk as she wiped tears from her eyes. I smiled sweetly at her before I kissed her red nose. I may be crazy, but I love this girl with all of my heart and I'll never let her go. No matter how crazy I am. No matter how crazy she is. We can be crazy together. Inside of our own little world. 

"Wanna drink some with me tonight?" I asked her, seemingly out of nowhere. 

"Whatcha drinking?" 

"Absinthe." I replied with a shrug. It needed to seem random. 

"Ew, that's what me and Jimmy drunk the other night. I can never drink that shit again! I had the worst hangover ever!" she said after making a fake gagging sound. What will I do now?
♠ ♠ ♠
check out my new story, guys.
Teenage Dream