Status: Finished! :)

AbSYNthe

Low Blow

When I woke up the next morning I had an awful headache. This is sort of odd because I didn't get a chance to drink any, what with my crazy girlfriend and all. Or maybe it's just my crazy self...I don't really know anymore. I turned over and realized that I was in the bed alone. Oh well, Angel always was a morning person. I pulled some aspirin out of the drawer beside of the bed and dry swallowed it since I didn't have any water. I stretched out for a minute and then I made my way downstairs to see if Angel had cooked any breakfast. 

"Hey Babe." I greeted her sweetly. She was sitting at the table drinking coffee. I was sad to look over and see that she hadn't cooked any breakfast. Oh well, I guess I'll be making the breakfast this morning. Hopefully I don't burn it again. 

"We need to talk." she told me as I pulled some eggs out of the fridge. She had a frown on her face when I looked over at her. What did I do this time? Her eyes were red and puffy as if she'd been crying. 

"What's wrong, Babe? Is everything okay?" I asked, moving to sit beside of her. I am definitely concerned. Is she breaking up with me? I can't let her break up with me...I mean, there's no one else to deal with her split personality the way I do. What would happen if she left me? Would she kill people or hurt them? I couldn't live with that. There's no way. 

"No, everything is not okay. Last night, you tried to strangle me in your sleep!" she told me angrily, more tears falling from her eyes. My eyes widened and I tried to remember having any weird dreams...but, nothing. I slept like a baby...or so I thought. 

"What?! That's crazy! You know I'd never hurt you, Angel!" I defended myself. She flinched when I went to touch her shoulder. 

"I thought I knew that...but look." she said, raising her chin so that I could see the bruises on her neck.  They were blue and purple. That had to be me. Who else could it have been? Did Adrienne do this? I mean, she had been threatening to hurt Angel. But she had been out cold when we went to bed. Is it possible that she woke up again in the middle of the night while I was asleep and did this to herself? That's crazy. She couldn't do this to herself. I am insane. It was me. But why? How?  

"Angel, I'm so sorry! I must've been dreaming or something...I don't know....you know I'd never hurt you intentionally!" I told her, shaking my head.  

"I know Bri...You've just been so weird lately. You said that we had a dog when you know you never let me have one, then you freaked out because I had dog food. You just seem really angry and upset with me a lot. When you're not angry, you're in your own little world. And now, you try to strangle me in your sleep?! Brian, I seriously think you need help."

"So you seriously think I'm looney, huh? What, you don't trust me anymore?" I replied, trying not to get too angry and yell at her. 

"Brian, I want to trust you...it's just so hard when you're hurting me and yelling at me. No wonder I wake up sometimes with cuts and bruises..." I can't believe this! I am one hair away from telling her the truth just so she'll get off my case. 

"You honestly think I'd do that?! Do you even love me anymore?!" I asked her, feeling angry and hurt. 

"Of course I still love you! That has nothing to do with this! I also know that you wouldn't hurt me...intentionally." she told me with a sad look on her face. 

"You're contradicting yourself... so you love me, I love you. You know I wouldn't hurt you, but you think I'm crazy...Where are you getting at?" I asked, already knowing. 

"You seriously need help, Brian. You need to talk to someone...a therapist, psychiatrist, someone." she told me, unable to look me in the eye. 

"I need...You think I need h...if you only knew." I said, feeling slightly amused, angry, and hurt. 

"What?" she was visibly confused and she had a good reason to be. 

"What I need is...to go talk to Jimmy." I said, turning around and walking into the living room. I quickly put my shoes on. I looked up as Angel entered the room. 

"Brian, don't be mad at me. I just want you to get help because I love you and I don't want anyt-" I cut her off. 

"Whatever." I said before walking out the door. 

I knocked on Jimmy's door for about ten minutes before he answered. He only wore boxers and his hair was extremely messy. He had been drinking last night. He probably has a horrible hangover. 

"I seriously need to talk to you." I said, walking past him into his messy house. There were beer cans everywhere. Broken dishes, broken lamps, broken vases...it was a mess. 

"What is it, dude?" he asked, yawning and stretching before he shut the door behind him.  

"Well...apparently I'm fucking crazy!" I said, throwing my hands up. Angel is the crazy one, not me! How did I get stuck with that label?!

"We already knew that" he replied with a chuckle. I ignored his attempt to lighten the mood. 

"She said that I strangled her in her sleep! I've never done anything like that!" 

"So, you didn't do it?"

"I don't really know...She has bruises on her neck." 

"So apparently you did do it." 

"Maybe. She says I need help." I said, sitting down on his couch. I ran my hand through my hair and sighed. He sat down beside of me and looked at me for a minute. 

"You do need help. With her daffy ass!" he said, raising his eyebrows. 

"I don't know what to do, man. We both fucking need to be admitted, I guess." I complained, shaking my head. 

"Just tell her that if it happens again that you'll get help."

"That won't work. She thinks that it happens a lot. She claims that that's why she wakes up with cuts and bruises a lot." I explained, rubbing sweat off of my forehead. 

"And why does she wake up with cuts and bruises a lot?" he questioned me, opening a beer. 

"Well, because of Adrienne. Sometimes she hurts herself and sometimes I end up accidentally hurting her in order to keep her from killing me! God this is so fucking complicated!"

"I dunno, man. Are you sure you're not just having some sort of fucked up dreams every night? I mean, she was fine all night when I was there." he said, looking away. Out of all people! Jimmy is the one who is fucking questioning me?! Does he think I'm lying? I bet he thinks I'm the fucking crazy one!

"Are you fucking serious, Jimmy?! How could you question my sanity like that?! Not two seconds ago you were calling her daffy!"

"I'm sorry, man! It's just that, we need to make sure th-" 

"Forget this shit. Next time I'll confide in Matt. He's the only one who seems to be aware of Angel's illness. You fucking saw what she did!" I yelled angrily, standing up. 

"Dude, I seriously didn't mean it! I believe you! I just want to make sure that we're exploring every option here." he defended himself. 

"Well, if you really believe me, then go stay with Angel tonight. See for your fucking self. She's upset and I really can't go back there. I'm gonna go stay with Matt." I said before walking out the door. I knew he'd do it. I mean, he'd do anything I ever asked if it was anyway possible. 

Matt's POV

I was sitting there playing Call Of Duty on my XBoX when someone started banging impatiently on my door.   It made me jump and get killed on the game. 

"Fuck! Whoever this is, it better be fucking important!" I yelled throwing my controller on the floor and getting up to see who's ass I was going to kick! I laughed when I saw that it was Brian, knowing that I'd never kick his ass. Although I had every intention to beat the fuck out of anyone who was at the door. All my anger had left me as I opened the door. 

"What's up, buddy?" I asked with a smirk. He didn't smile back, so then I knew that something bad was going on. 

"Certainly not my dick." he said in an unamused voice. It was an inside joke between us two. 

"No, seriously dude, what's going on?" I asked, feeling a little concerned for my best friend. 

"Angel and I got into a fight. I was wondering if I could crash here for the night."

"Of coarse, man. You stay here as long as you need." I said, patting his shoulder. 

"Thanks, man. I appreciate that. Where's Val?" he asked, sitting down on the couch. 

"She's visiting her parents for a few days." I told him with a shrug.

"Get some strippers up in this joint." I knew he was kidding. 

"We both love our girls too much. They'd be hurt if they caught us. Besides I looked at enough tits on tour. The only boobies I wanna see are Val's." I told him. 

"Wow, you're dedicated...maybe a little too dedicated. I worry about you, Matt." he replied, patting my back. 

"Well at least my girlfriend is sane." I spat jokingly. 

"Low blow, dude. Low blow." 

"Yeahhh, I probably shouldn't have said that." I replied with a shrug. This is going to be an interesting night. Brian and me together equals trouble. Maybe no strippers, but what else can we get into? 
♠ ♠ ♠
Major filler!!!