‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

Never Meant to Be

I shut the door behind me as I walked into my house from a long day in the studio, prepping stuff for the tour in just a few days. Pinkly happily greeted me, wagging her little tail as she lightly barked for my attention. I smiled kneeling down to pet her head.

"Hey, girl." I greeted her.
"Baby?" Michelle's voice echoed in from upstairs, soon she was standing on the last step.
I sighed. "Hey, Chelle."
"How was it at the studio?" She asked. I shrugged.
"Fine, I guess." I ran a hand through my hair. "Chelle, we need to talk."
"About what, baby?" She asked, coming closer to me.

I nodded towards the kitchen and led her there, I stood on the opposite side on the island counter while she stood on the other side. I pulled some papers out of my bag, setting them down in front of her.

"What's this?" She asked, reading them.
"Divorce papers." I told her. "I've already signed my signature. All I need you to do is sign your name-"
"No." She shook her head, pushing the papers back to me. "I won't fucking sign those. You're fucking crazy for thinking I would."
"No, I'm fucking crazy for marrying you. And for thinking that you would calmly sign the divorce papers. Acting like an adult about this."
"How can I be calm about this?!" She held up the divorce papers. "I don't want to fucking end this. End us!"
"I want to. Chelle, we don't have a healthy relationship here. Why can't you open your eyes and see that? We were never meant to be." I told her. She rolled her eyes, snatching the papers.
"Fine then! Give up on us!" She growled. "I'll sign your fucking paper." She scribbled her name onto the legal document, then chucked it towards me. "I hope you're happy now. I hope you know that I'm getting half the shit in this house too, asshole." She smirked. "Including Pinkly."
"Fuck that! You're not getting my dog. You can't get her." I glared, fists tightening. If only she were a man...
"Wanna bet?" She grinned.
"Sure. I know you can't get Pinkly, she's out of your reach."
"Oh yeah? Why's that?" She placed her hands on her hips.
I smirked. "I have Pinkly's papers still. It reading that I had gotten her before you came around. That I bought her without your help. Nowhere will it say that you had any part in buying or having her." Michelle's mouth dropped, then she quickly shut it.
"Whatever, Brian. Have your mutt. I'll get everything else you have." She smiled.
"Take it. Take all of it. I don't need this shit." I knocked the glass bowl onto the floor, shattering it to pieces at her feet. "It means nothing to me. Unlike you, I have money to buy a new house and all new stuff to fill it with. Without me, you are no one. That's why you're scared to lose me, I know it is." I jabbed my finger in her face, gritting my teeth.
"You're right, Brian. I only loved you for your money and the fame you brought upon me. You were nothing but a quick fuck, you asshole!" She yelled, throwing a fork at my head. "I can't wait to see your band lose it's fame one day. I hope Ellie develops some brain cells and leaves your angry ass on the curb. Cause you've changed a lot, you fucking prick. And you say, I'm" She grabbed a couple mugs from the cabinet, throwing it at me. "fucking crazy? Boy, do you have another thing coming. And by the way, you may be big. But you're not that good. That's why I loved cheating on you." She smiled as she stepped over the shards of glass, heading out of the kitchen. "I'll see you at court once you come back from tour. Until then, my lawyer will be in touch with yours." She smirked, leaving the house.

I looked around the room, biting my tongue. Glass shards everywhere on the kitchen floor, a couple forks wedged into the wall. Well, that went smoothly...