‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

Mary Had A Little Secret

"A place of hope and no pain
Perfect skies with no rain
Can leave this place but refrain
Cause we've been waiting for you"

I sang to myself as I walked onto the front of the bus, dropping down on the leather sofa beside Brian as he lightly strummed on his guitar. The solo from Almost Easy changing into Afterlife's. I laid my head on his shoulder, humming the rest of Afterlife as he played. Zacky curled up beside me, laying his head in my lap. I started running my fingers through his black hair while he began to doze off.

"Daddy!" Kaylie ran to the front of the bus.
"Slow down, Kay. Don't run when the bus is moving." Brian said.
"Sowy, Daddy." Kaylie frowned.
"It's okay. Now, what is it that you want?"
"Can-can you pway Mawy had a wittle wamb?" She asked, giving him her puppy dog eyes.
"Of course I can." He smirked, playing Mary had a Little Lamb for her.

Kaylie danced and sang along as Brian played for her. I clapped as I watched her, a smile on my face. Matt and Val came to the front of the bus, stopping to watch Kaylie dance, smiles on their faces as well. The song finished and Kaylie stopped, we all applauded as she did a little bow for us. Brian set his guitar aside.

"Good job, Kay." Val grinned, picking her up into her arms.
"Thanks, Auntie Val. I a good dancer?"
"Yes you are." Val kissed her cheek.
"Mommy. Daddy. Auntie Val say I a good dancer!" Kaylie gave us a dimpled smile. Brian chuckled.
"We heard her, baby girl." Brian said. He kissed my lips before getting up. "Ay, Zack?"
"No." Zacky mumbled, eyes closed. I laughed.
"C'mon, dude. I need to talk to you about something." Brian whined.
"Bout what?"
"Come with me and you'll find out."
"You're not going to rape me, are you?" Zacky's eyes widened. Everyone laughed.
"Course, sweet thang. That bubblicious butt of yours is mine." Brian winked.
"Then I'm down!" Zacky jumped up.
"Cheating on my sister already, Syn?" Matt laughed.
"That's okay, Matt. I'm cheating on him with Mike." I smirked.
"Hell yeah she is!" Mike sat beside me, draping an arm over my shoulders as he pulled me close against him.
"Better not be." Brian growled. Mike's arm disappeared from around my shoulders.
"Sorry, Ell. I love ya, but I love my life more." Mike chuckled.
"Don't be scared of him, Mikey. He's nothing but a teddy bear." I stuck my tongue out at Brian.
"Teddy bear my as..butt. He left stitches in Johnny's head when they were wrestling!" Mike commented.
I looked over at Brian, shocked. "You did?"
Brian smirked, proudly. "That I did."
"So yeah, I'm not fudging with that beast when he's around!" Mike gulped.
"In that case, I'm leaving Kaylie in charge. She'll tell me what happens while I'm talking to Zack." Brian smirked. "Isn't that right, Kay?"
"Yes, Daddy!" Kaylie giggled.

Brian winked at me before disappearing behind the door that divides the front of the bus from the bunks. I relaxed in my seat as Kaylie crawled onto my lap, I began to play with her hair as she petted Pinkly who laid beside us.

"What do you think they're talking about back there?" I asked to anyone.
"Probably some guitar sh..sh-tuff." Mike corrected himself.
"Hey, guys? We're turning onto the 76 ramp, right?" Johnny called from the driver's seat.
"Yeah!" We called towards him. The bus turned onto the ramp.
"Why is he driver again? He can never remember which ramps to get onto." Mike muttered, heading towards the driver's seat.
"I'll be back, gotta make a quick phone call." Matt smiled, heading to the bunk area as well. Val smiled, winking at him. I quirked an eyebrow.
"What's going on?" I asked Val. Her smile wiped off her face.
"What are you talking about?" She asked, seeming innocent.
"Don't play blonde with me." Val laughed.
"I'm not playing blonde with anyone. What are you talking about?"
"First Syn needs to talk to Zacky without anyone knowing. Now Matt makes a serious phone call and you wink at him? Something's up, I can feel it." Val's eyes widened for a quick second before she composed herself. She took a deep breath.
"Ellie, nothing is going on. Relax, will you? Who knows what Synacky talk about. Matt's just making a few calls to Larry about the tour."
"Okay..." She answered that way too quick.
"You don't believe me do you?" She smiled. I laughed.
"Nope."
"Me? Your best friend? Your innocent, best friend?" She pouted. I giggled, attacking her in a hug.
"I love ya to death, but no. I don't believe you, my dear."
"Someone's going to be upset when they find out I'm telling the truth here." She sang out. I rolled my eyes, sitting on her.
"Yeah you will be." I smirked as she glared.
"Sit on Auntie Val!" Kaylie giggled, sitting on Val's stomach.

I helped Kaylie tickle Val as we both sat on top of her, ignoring her protests. Something was up with everyone and they weren't telling me. Don't they know I absolutely hate secrets, especially if they deal with me? I could feel something BIG was about to happen in the pit of my stomach, something I would never imagine in a million years. The suspense of this is killing me!