‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

What the Hell?

"What I miss? What I miss?" I asked Val and Rayna as I ran back to the side stage, coming back from the food stand with Kaylie and Eric's pretzels.
"The guys just ran off the stage. They're doing the usual chatter with the fans." Val said, handing the pretzels to Kaylie and Eric who were playing tag.
"Hey." I looked around. "Where's my Dad?"
"With Syn." Rayna pointed.

I looked in that direction to see Brian and my Dad in a serious conversation. I groaned. This wasn't good. Dad hated Brian with a passion. He didn't mind him at first, until I told him why I left California. He was somewhat mad, but got over it. But when I told him I was definitely pregnant with his child, Dad flipped major shit. I will never forget my Dad's face; red as the Devil's ass, eyes bugging out of his head, the veins in his neck and forehead popping out as he yelled off the top of his lungs. It frightened me out of my wits. It took my whole pregnancy for my Dad to stop muttering about how he wanted to kill Brian for getting me pregnant then hurt me the way he did. Thankfully, Kaylie's birth stopped all of that and Dad completely forgot about Brian. Until now that is.

-----

"I'm home!" I called, walking in the door.
"Hello, Elena." Mary smiled, peeking her head out of the lounge.
"Where's Dad?" I asked her. She pouted, thinking.
"I believe he's in his office. Is everything okay, dear?" She eyed me. Something told me she knew something. I was praying she didn't.
"Yeah. Everything is just peachy." I muttered, heading towards my Dad's office.

I could hear the sound of my footsteps echoing off the beige walls as I walked down the hallway towards his office. My heart trying to jump out of my chest with the news I was about to drop on him. He already had a heart attack just a week or 2 ago, would this send him into another one? I stopped dead in my tracks in front of his door when that popped into my mind. What if this news sent him into a heart attack? That will be terrible! I couldn't live feeling that I had caused my Dad's heart attack for my silly mistakes.

The office door swung open and Dad jumped slightly when he almost bumped into me. He placed his hand over his heart and I frowned. I didn't even say a word and almost caused one. For a scary looking man, he was so fragile.

"I'll call you back, Robert." Dad said into his earpiece. He clicked it off. "Hey, kiddo. Gave me a scare for a second." He smiled. I smiled back, weakly.
"Sorry, Dad."
He squinted his eyes, tilting his head slightly. "Is there something you need to tell me, Ellie?"
"I..uh....You see.."
"Ellie, what ever it is you have to tell me, just say it."
"Can we sit down first?" I asked.

Dad nodded and opened the door more so I could walk in. I walked into his neatly done office and sat down on the black leather sofa, looking around the room. Packers signs and footballs along the shelves on the walls. Dad sat down at his desk. I felt like I was a teenager again. A teenager sitting in the principal's office, about to receive their very first suspension. I fidgeted a bit, feeling uncomfortable now as Dad watched me carefully. Studying my every move. I forced a smile at him, pushing my brown hair behind my ear.

"Now, what is it you want to talk about?" Dad asked. "Are you going back to California with your brother?"
I shook my head. "No. That's not it." I looked down at my hands, playing with the strings from my ripped jeans. "Dad, I just came back from the doctors."
"Oh. Are you okay? Do you have any sickness we should worry about?" He frowned. I shook my head.
"I'm perfectly fine. Healthy as a horse, Doctor Stevens says."
"Well, that's good to hear. So what's wrong?"
"Don't be angry. Please."
"I would never. What's wrong, kiddo?"
I took a deep breath. "Dad. I'm pregnant." Dad was silent. I peeked up at him. "Dad?"
"You're...what? With who?" He asked, fists tightening.
"Do you remember Brian? My ex? I showed you a picture of him on the computer."
Dad nodded. "The man with the long black hair and all those tattoos."
"Yeah. Him." I nodded. "He's the father."
Dad's face grew red. "No the fuck he's not!" He yelled, standing up. "Elena Marie Sanders! That man is not your baby's father! He can't be. He's an asshole. I will not have him as my grandchild's father, he will not know of this baby. He is a punk, a douche bag that will leave you and that beautiful child." Dad paced. "I fucking hate that kid. He is the biggest fucking fool to walk this damn earth. I want to break his fucking neck for impregnating you. My little girl. I'll fucking kill him if I ever see him." Dad growled. I kept my eyes on the string of my jeans. "Elena, I hope you don't expect him to be there for this child or expect child support. He's a rock star, for fuck's sake. He probably has 15 kids running around somewhere out there."
I waited until Dad calmed down as he muttered death threats, when he finally did calm down I spoke. "Dad, I understand you don't like this one bit. And that's fine. But please accept that Brian is my child's father. He was the only one I had sex with when I was in California. He has every right to know about this child, it's his just as much as it's mine. Brian would never leave me and our child, he's not that type of guy. Yeah, he can be an asshole but he can be an adult. Not all the time, but he does take care of his responsibilities. And he will know about this child, as soon as I feel ready enough to tell him. When? I don't know, but he will know soon."
"Elena, please don't get your heart set on him being around. He may have moved on and wants nothing to do with you or the child. He could have changed. His type of lifestyle changes many people."
"I know, Dad. But if I know Brian, he won't deny his child. As much as I love him, if he moved on from me I wouldn't care. I won't let him see how much it hurts. As long as he treats our child with the love and adoration it needs from their father, I'm more than happy. I don't want my child growing up not knowing his or her father. No child should go through that."
"I just don't want you to get hurt." Dad hugged me.
I hugged back, kissing his cheek. "I'm not going to get hurt, Dad. I'm an adult now, I can take care of myself."
"I know, baby. But I still see you as my little girl. My pregnant little girl." He smiled, then sighed heavily. "God, I hate him so much."
"Dad, it's not only his fault. It's my fault as well. Don't take it all out on Brian."
"I know that, Ell. But it feels much better blaming the asshole." He chuckled. I smiled, rolling my eyes. "So, I'm a grandfather."
I smiled wider, patting my slight baby bump. It wasn't noticeable yet, but it was still there. "Yep. In just 8 or 7 months you'll be a grandfather to a baby girl or boy." A baby Haner, I thought.
Dad smiled, rubbing my stomach. "Wow. A baby bump already starting, eh?" I nod. "C'mon, let's go tell Mary the news." Dad grinned, leading me where Mary was cleaning.

---

I quirked an eyebrow as I watched Brian say something to my Dad, begging by the look of it. My Dad crossed his arms over his chest, pondering about what ever Brian said to him. Then nodding with a...a smile? What the hell? What Brian asked my Dad and my Dad agreed to I wanted to know. I looked over at Val who was looking in the same direction I was, she smiled happily. This little hoe knows what's going on!

"What are they talking about?" I asked to anybody. Rayna and Joey shook their heads. Val tore her gaze from my Dad and Brian, composing her face.
She shrugged. "How should we know?"
"I know you know, Val. Please, just give me a hint at least!"
"Give you a hint to what?" Brian asked, wrapping his arms around me from behind.
"Daddy!" Kaylie smiled.
"What you were talking to my Dad about."
Brian shrugged. "Just apologized to your Dad for what I've done in the past. Promising I would be a better man to you and Kaylie."
"Oh."
Brian chuckled, pressing his lips to mine. "You need to stop over thinking things, hon. You'll grow grey hairs before you know it." He paused. "I think I see one now."
"What!?" I freaked, pulling out of his arms. He, Val, Rayna and Joey laughed.
"I'm kidding, babe." Brian pulled me into his arms. "Relax, Ell. You don't have any greys."
"You're so lucky I love you." I giggled, kissing him.
"I love you so much." He muttered against my lips. Kaylie gagged as Eric laughed.