‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

Issues

I had no idea where I was going. I really didn't. I just got into my car and drove, driving anywhere the road leads me. I pulled to a stop at a red light, dragging my hands down my face. A car blasting a familiar solo pulled up beside my Ford F-150. I glanced over as I recognized the song, it was the solo from Afterlife. The driver of the car peeked over at me then looked away, only to look quickly back at me. She had to be around her early 20s with fiery red hair. Eh, not much of a red head fan. A huge smile appeared on her face.

I chuckled to myself. "Here we go..."
"Oh my God! Synyster Gates? Is that...is that really you?" She smiled.
She wasn't bad looking, can give her that much. "Yep, it's really me." I smirked.
She nodded. "Hell yeah it's really you. I know that smirk anywhere." She blushed.
I laughed, noticing the light turn green. "Later." I sped away.

With my thoughts miles away back at home, I just continued to drive on. Not the smartest idea ever. But when do I ever come up with good ideas besides in music? I didn't know where I was heading until I pulled into the driveway. I turned the car off and just sat there. Staring at my hands around the steering wheel.

What could I have done last night to put Ellie in her mood? Did she not like it last night? Am I losing my touch? Nah, can't be that. Can it? I lightly shook my head, ridding that thought. Was she upset over the fact that I had broken her old pack and play and cutting my hand on it last night? That could be it. Or was it just pregnancy hormones kicking in again? They always loved to attack me. Go figure. It would be my kind of luck, now wouldn't it?

What really frightened me was this one thought that kept playing in my head since this morning. My one fear when it comes to my Ellie. Was she planning on leaving me again? I couldn't handle it if she left. I couldn't even handle it last time. And this time would be so much more different, we have two beautiful babies now. The second soon to be born just around the corner. I can't lose them. I can't lose her. I could feel the silent tears slowly fall down my face.

I nearly jumped out of my damn skin when someone knocked on my car window. Shads started laughing on the other side of the window as I rolled it down, wiping away the stray tears. He quieted down when he noticed the tears. He rested his arms on the car window, leaning in. I rested my head back against my seat. Shads frowned.

"You okay, man?" He asked, concerned.
I shook my head. "No, not really."
"What's up? You okay? Ellie? The kids?" He asked, opening the door for me as I got out. His face worried now.
I sighed, looking up towards the house then back at him. "Can we sit down? It's a long story."