Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 14

Jacob’s POV

First day of school, oh joy.

Troy hasn’t spoken to me since yesterday, and neither had Bella. Not that I cared about her though, since she had practically ruined me.

I drove Embry and Quil to school, my mind still reeling over Trinity, while Paul caught a ride with Jared and Seth.

I frowned with the others as we pulled up to the school that was bigger than ours, but also completely dull and boring.

At the Rez School, some of the kids in art club have murals up on all of the walls, showing our tribal history. Paul liked to make fun of me because of the giant Epriham Black painting some girl painted outside the Gym.

I had to walk past it every day, and it annoyed the hell outta me.

Here it was different though, the walls were grey and dull tan, and Gym was every other day, switching out with my Government class I was assigned this semester. The only thing that made me able to stand it was because I had it with Troy.

Well, I had almost everything with Troy actually, but it still wasn’t enough for me. I had four of my classes with her and lunch, so we were only separated for 2nd, 6th and 8th period. Not too bad.

She was coming back on Wednesday, so I had concluded that later I would go and apologize for my stupid move yesterday. And hopefully, she’d forgive me. I couldn’t stand another day of the ‘silent treatment’ and if she ignored me during school…my life was gonna be hell…

So close, and yet so far away…

Embry jumped out of the Rabbit causing me to shove my brief thought process aside and I followed him out.

As the new kids, and the biggest guys in either school, we were stared at a lot as we walked to meet Paul and them at Jared’s car.

The latter had Kim wrapped up in his arms and I could tell she was nervous. Her finished Chevy was parked next to him and I smiled briefly at how good it looked now.

“Hey guys,” I said tiredly, following Quil and Embry’s greetings. I could hear a group of girls behind us with my hearing, gossiping about us already. I rolled my eyes lightly while everyone re-compared schedules and complained while our former classmates avoided us just like the new ones.

Bella’s truck pulled up, and, although I knew I wouldn’t anyways, my face fell when I saw Troy wasn’t with her.

Sensing my staring, Bella smiled at me. Edward pulled up by her though, and she turned her attention to him.

I rolled my eyes and Paul noticed this time.

“What’s the matter Jacob? One not enough for you?” Paul teased, snickering. I gritted my teeth when I remembered my slip up last night. He had everyone informed, and on my case. They were under the impression I had some girl in my bed. And I did, but Troy wasn’t just some girl, and we hadn’t done anything they could make fun of me for.

It was annoying that they tried anyways, and I didn’t bother setting them straight. After all, I kinda liked the idea…

“Stay out of it,” I snapped, as I had last night.

Embry and Quil started drilling me too though, and I ignored them until the warning bell rang and I took off.

Embry followed, but we were going in the same direction. We had Geography first then another class I wouldn’t have shared with Troy.

Bella passed us, with two vamps at her side; Edward and the pixie, and Edward glared.

I almost lost it for a second when the stench hit, but I kept it together just barely. My arms shook for only a second before relaxing as I maneuvered my way past buildings that kids were scrambling by from both seminaries.

Bella had looked a little upset when she saw me, that same crease between her eyebrows forming that show when she’s upset while she looked at me critically.

I wondered if Troy had told her anything, or if that look was because she was remembering our phone call.

I forgot about it though, spotting the door to my first class and going in with seconds to spare.

There were only about four kids from our old school in this class, and we were probably the last in. There was more space than in our old school and also a lot more maps, books and other things, but it wasn’t home.

More mutters were passed as me and Embry approached the teacher, a tiny little woman who I towered over with bright green eyes and blonde hair. She smiled, a little confusedly when she saw us and welcomed us to the class before telling us to sit where we liked.

Embry thanked her and I found my way to the back of the before sitting down with Embry beside me. He tapped his fingers against the desk as the teacher started her talking.

Troy told me about this teacher; Ms. Andres. She said she was the best and so far today with the lack of drama, Troy was right.

She didn’t make a deal out of any new kids and we were welcomed easily.

I was disappointed when the bell rang, and I kind of figured that the rest of the day really wouldn’t be this easy.

I had Study Hall next, and then Gym today, Spanish, Lunch, English, Biology and Calculus.

The only thing Troy and I don’t have in common are Calculus, Study Hall and English, and the pack was scattered for those classes as well.

Embry and I were separating now, but I met up with Quil and that was good.

There was no homework, so Quil and I basically just talked and some guys played poker next to us, laughing and joking before I heard a pale guy with choppy brunette hair say Troy’s name.

I listened closer, refusing to turn around.

They were talking about Troy, and the fight that went on. I gritted my teeth at their perception of her, although two of the guys’ seemed like they were defending her.

When we left, I saw a guy with emo hair layered in black and brown chunks and a black guy who had been friends with Troy.

It kinda pissed me off a little, for reasons I couldn’t name.

I mean, it shouldn’t bother me. They were defending her, keeping her safe from all these guys who were twisting the story and making it into some kind of pointless bull.

But I was possessive, probably increasingly so because Troy wasn’t mine yet, and if she left Hector, she might not be doing it for me.

I saw the guys had gym with us, and when a dodge ball game started, and I was glad I had a creative way to take out my anger.

The whole pack was in here, although Jared was a senior and Seth a freshman.

Seth clung to the rest of us like glue, keeping his older, taller and pretty much just bigger friends close so he was less of a target and Kim had Jared on a leash.

And another thing, the bloodsuckers were in this class, and so was Bella.

The second confronted me about Troy while Paul was flirting with some girls and I was still gritting my teeth over it.

I didn’t tell her anything; I was pretty sure saying I didn’t know what I’d say was sort of a lie, so she’d have to get the answer out of her bloodsucker.

I sighed in relief with the announcement for a ‘friendly’ dodge ball game.

It was intense. The bloodsuckers were both on my team and Bella was stuck on the opposing one, hiding near that blonde guy, Mike or something that went to the movies with us that night I phased for the first time.

The vamps avoided us at all costs, just as we did to them, but they were keeping it on the down low and got out quickly usually anyways.

Paul was showing off, and so were Quil, and Embry but I was actually just trying to blow off steam, and wasn’t worried about the new school cred that I would be getting.

I was just getting into things when the Coach called the class to order, making me glare at the fat, balding man with a pissed and dumbfound expression.

He sent us to change and I was almost late to my next class because apparently we actually took longer than we were supposed to.

XxX

Let’s see…what else is worth mentioning.

Math teacher’s evil…English is boring…No one was dissecting anything in Biology…Lunch sucked, as usual, and Paul ate too much anyways.

I suck at Spanish, so I basically already know I left a bad impression on that teacher. You should’ve seen the look on his face when I told him that I didn’t understand a word he was saying after asking me a question.

I wasn’t going to get any better; that much I knew, but I wondered if maybe Troy would tutor me, so I’d at least get to spend time with her.

I grimaced to myself as I reminded myself, for the millionth time today, that she was mad at me. I drove home before dumping my school books on the counter and sulking.

I was going to apologize, but I was starting to chicken out.

I hesitated after dropping my stuff off. My dad wasn’t home and the house screamed emptiness, just like the inside of me was feeling without my imprint. She could either forgive me for my blow-up; knock it back, or she could hold a grudge and never want to see me again.

There was a simple outcome, but I couldn’t take action to see the results.

Troy had never avoided me before, and I had no idea of how I should proceed.

Coward.

Thinking that word made a jolt go through me.

I couldn’t be afraid of Troy.

I had to try, and her silent treatment, although it’d been a day, was killing me. I needed to see her. I needed to apologize. I needed to prove to her that Bella wouldn’t tear us apart like that. Troy meant more to me than my stubborn pride.

Sighing heavily, I turned for the door and headed out into the foggy day where my car waited.