Sequel: Love at First Fright
Status: Completed :)

Blood-Stained Valentine

Pancakes and jam sessions

****Joey's P.O.V***

I let out a soft groan. I really didn't want to wake up. I may have been a lot of things but a morning person I was far from. I turned on my side and opened my eyes. Instead of seeing her deep blue eyes and golden blonde hair I woke up to bright yellow eyes and short black hair.

"Morning Mokie. Where's Rayna?"

Mokie simply let out a soft meow and jumped off the bed. Almost as if I asked the question loudly I heard Rayna and Wednesday arguing downstairs over something burning.....Something Burning!!! Oh Shit!!

I quickly got up and ran down the hall taking the stairs two at a time.
I ran into the kitchen to see Rayna and Wednesday both fully dressed standing over the stove.
Wednesday looked up and started laughing when he saw I was still in my boxers with my hair un-brushed.

"Nice look Joey. You should go onstage like that next time. The girls will love it."
Rayna looked up from the stove and gave me a little smirk.

"I thought you saved that look for me?"

I laughed a little and asked what they were cooking.
"Oh we're not cooking. We're burning pancakes because Wednesday has the shortest attention span ever!"

"I wanted coffee!!"

"And? I told you to watch the stove I would make the coffee"

"Ok Ok. I get it. We're having burnt pancakes and coffee. I'm gonna get dressed. Don't kill each other or burn down the house."

Rayna blew me a kiss and assured me that Wednesday was done with the stove. I went back upstairs and quickly threw on a pair of jeans and a KISS shirt. I went into the bathroom and threw my hair up in a ponytail. I really didn't feel like messing with it today. I began looking through the drawers and found an extra eyebrow ring. I slipped it through the empty second hole and walked back to the kitchen.

As I walked up to the table I noticed that Wednesday was alone sipping on a cup of coffee.
As I went to sit down I was startled by someone jumping on my back.

"Damnitt!"

"I win!! Woo-hoo"

"What are you guys going on about?"

"I bet him that I could startle you and jump on your back without you dropping me on my ass."
I laughed a little and looked at Wednesday as he stared at us.

"Thanks Joey. You couldn't have dropped her? Now I have to do the dishes. Didn't even know you could hold her."

"You say that like I'm fat or something."

"You’re like 2 inches taller than him!"

I slowly set her down and said, "So? What does that have to do with it? Just don't be pissy cuz you have to use the miracle called a dishwasher."

As I sat down I stole Rayna's coffee and turned to see her staring at my eyebrow.
"You put in the second? Looks good."

She softly poked the ring and laughed.
"You should get it done. Would look cute."

"Hell no. I’ve heard it hurts."

"This coming from the chick that had 10 fucking piercings up her side!!"

"This is true but I'd rather get inked again."

Wednesday put his arms on the table showing his sleeves.
"Like these?"

"Nah I want more of a quote or something like that."

I nodded and looked away. I wasn't inked. Didn't want to be stupid and get something I'd regret. Not that I diss people that are inked I just know I'd be an idiot and do something stupid. I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt Rayna's hand on my shoulder and heard her say, "You'll go right?"

"Huh?"

"Told ya he was spaced out."

"To get inked. You'll go with me. Right?"

I nodded and reminded Wednesday to do the dishes. He slowly got up and began whining like a little kid while he picked up the various dishes and mugs.
I tried talking to Rayna but every few minutes Wednesday would ask me a question about the dishwasher.

I leaned into Rayna's ear and whispered for her to follow me.
She looked at me with a confused look. I winked at her and walked off to the stairs leading down into my small practice studio.

When she walked in her eyes widened in amazement. She went directly to my blood-splattered guitar on the rack on the wall.

"You play?"

"A little."

"Play."

"I'm not that good."

"Play."

"Fine. I need a pick."

I pointed at the jar on the nearby amp full of various picks. She laughed and began digging in the jar until she found the right one. I took my seta behind the drum kit and watched as she started at the guitar before taking a deep breath and began playing.

As she played the opening riff for Three Days Grace "I hate everything about you." I began slowly playing a soft beat. I didn't know the song but it seemed to work.
At first i thought she was simply going to play through the song but she softly began singing.
When she sang, "Only when I stop to think about it."

She began playing a more intense riff so I started playing a little louder.
As the song ended I looked up from the kit and saw Wednesday standing in the door way smiling. She ended the song and smiled at me.

"You're good."

"Thanks. It feels good to play again. Brings back memories."

"Good or bad?"

"Actually really good. My dad bought me my first guitar. A surf green Fender."

Wednesday walked in and sat on the black couch against the wall.
"Surf Green?"

"Yeah. It's the green you see on surf boards. I'm a huge fan of John 5.He wanted me to play like him so he bought me a Fender."

"Nice, you know any Murderdolls songs?"

She smirked and looked at me above the drum kit.
"Just about 10 or so."

Wednesday got up and started looking around the room for something.
"Lose something?"

"Extra guitar and two mics."
I pointed at the guitar rack and cabinet.

"Smart ass."
He grabbed a black guitar and two mic stands from the cabinet.

"Nowhere?"

"Lead or rhythm?"

"You take lead and the chorus."

She nodded and quickly tuned the guitar as I sat back down and grabbed my sticks.
As she played the opening riff I could see the smile of her face grow as she got into the song. The look on Wednesday's face when she started playing the solo was priceless. He looked over at me and mouthed, "Holy Shit. She's good."

When the song ended she smoothed back her hair and asked how it was.
"You’re really good."

"Nah. I'm rusty. I haven’t really played like this for almost a year."

"Why?"

"He who shall not be named sat on my guitar and broke the neck. I couldn't afford to get it fixed or even get a new guitar."

She strummed a few chords and smiled again.
"It’s funny my dad bought me the guitar. Yet he couldn't play."

We all laughed and played a few more songs until Rayna asked if she could play a riff she wrote.
Wednesday and I sat on the couch as she pulled out the drum stool and sat down.
After taking a deep breath she looked at the guitar and started playing a slow melody. She started swaying her head to the rhythm as she closed her eyes and played for another few minutes.

When she finally opened her eyes and set the guitar down I was speechless.
"Wow. That was nice."

I got up and kissed her before taking the guitar and putting it back on the rack.
"You mind playing that when the guys get here?"

"I guess not. It's actually a full song I wrote awhile back."
As we left the studio I kept thinking about how much emotion she had put into the simple riff she played for us. Was there anything this girl couldn't do?
Wednesday went into outside saying he wanted to take a walk as Rayna and I went into the living room.
She sat on the couch and started flipping through channels not really paying attention to the TV.

I sat down next to her as Mokie came into the room and jumped on my lap.
"You know we're kind of like a family now."
"I guess we are huh."

I looked over at the clock and noticed it was almost 3:30pm.
"So are the guys coming over here or are we meeting them somewhere?"

"We're meeting them at a restaurant nearby."

She nodded and turned back to the TV as we heard the front door open. Wednesday walked into the living room and placed a dress covered in a plastic bag on top of us.
"For you Madam."

"Why?"

"Tonight. You're going to wear it. I hope."

"How?"

"I called my sister and they just dropped it off. She guessed your size."

She got up and held up the dress and mouthed her thanks to both of us.
"Go put it on"

"But don't forget these"
Wednesday handed her a shoe box he had behind his back.

"I don't know what to say."

"Nothing. Go get dressed."

She grabbed the box and dress and went upstairs. I went upstairs to see her but she had locked the bathroom door saying I had to wait until she was completely ready.
I changed into a black button up shirt, black jeans that were ripped up the legs and my military like jacket. I made sure to put on my boots with a slight platform because I knew her heels were tall. I took down my hair and went back downstairs to wait anxiously for her.
Wednesday walked down the stairs seeing me at the bottom waiting.

"I thinks he's almost done I heard the bathroom door open up."

"Ok. I just really hope she likes these guys."

"Dude she has your logo on her shoulder. She likes these guys!"

We both looked up at the stairs as she cleared her throat and began walking down the stairs. She looked stunning n the dress. Her hair was up and I could smell her faint perfume.

"Shall we?"