Sequel: Love at First Fright
Status: Completed :)

Blood-Stained Valentine

Fortunes tell all

***Rayna's P.O.V***

Kat was pissed. She hated Joey and Wednesday. I could feel tears running down my face as Joey pulled me into a strong hug. He slowly stroked my back while whispering, "It'll be ok....It'll be ok..." repeatedly. I pulled away and wiped my face as we walked into the restaurant quickly finding the guys sipping their drinks.

After we ordered Wednesday jumped as his phone began playing "Shout at the Devil" loudly. He looked at it and read aloud the text message. In a formal voice he said, "Assholes where are you? You have an hour to get here for the interview!!! You always do this to me. Hurry Up!!!!" He laughed and smiled as the waitress began placing plates in front of us. Joey out his hand on my knee under the table as he ate the spicy looking food in front of him acting like nothing was going on.

I tried my best not to laugh with food in my mouth as Wednesday tried to teach Roman how to use chopsticks correctly. After a few failed attempts he began devouring the chicken and white rice he had ordered.

After we ate we all read aloud our fortunes. When it was my turn I opened the cookie and blushed a bright shade of red.

"You will find love through the music you hear everyday"

I looked up from the fortune and saw Wednesday staring. Not at me but at Joey. No one spoke a word until my phone went off. I didn't even remember turning the ringer on until I heard the familiar ringtone...Murderdolls "My Dark Place Alone". I chuckled a little and answered my phone as I left the table.

Thank God it was just my boss telling me I had to work tomorrow afternoon instead of Kat or worse Derick. As I slowly walked back into the restaurant I could hear the guys talking to Joey about...me.

"Come on. She's pretty, a little quiet, but pretty."
"She stayed the night at the hotel huh?"
"I saw you guys in the car..."
Etc...

I couldn't differentiate the voices until Wednesday spoke up and said, "You love her. Don't you?"

I heard Joey choke a little on his drink as he muttered, "Love? I don't know man. I mean I feel something. I just can't control myself around her. I just... I don't know...yet." I took this as the perfect moment so I walked up to the table stopping all conversation. Wow talk about awkward.

Wednesday laid some money on the table and began to get up closely followed by everyone else. Joey put his arm around my waist and led me to the truck.

The ride back to the apartment was quiet. Apparently Joey had told the guys that I would miss their interview. Before I left the truck Joey kissed me softly and whispered in my ear, "We'll be back before sound check." I kissed him back and walked slowly to the apartment listening as the truck drove out of the complex.

As I, very zombie-like, unlocked the door and went into my room I began thinking about what the guys were talking about. LOVE? We just met last night. I mean yea we were kind of acting like we were together but I couldn't help myself I've had a crush on him for years now. He was so sweet and I felt welcome around him. Just then I realized that Joey and Wednesday would be going to Iowa in the morning. What if I never saw him again? What if I never got to kiss his soft lips again? My hand crept to my mouth with this thought.
I sat on my bed as Kat came barging into my room looking as if she were going to attack me.
"Good you didn't bring those freaks."

"Freaks? Do not EVER call them freaks!!!"

"Whatever. What happened to Derick?"

"Derick happened to Derick. He's a dick. He got what he deserves. I mean he dumped me on my birthday then calls me expecting me to go crawling back to him. Fuck that."
"Ugh I hate when you cuss so much (This coming from the chick that said What the Fuck when she first saw Joey and Wednesday) So you gonna take him back?"
I looked at Kat in shock.

"Seriously? Did you just ask me that? I kicked him in the nuts! He took about 90% of his shit! Do I look like I'm going to take him back?"

"Well no I guess not. Whatever just don't bring those two guys around here anymore they kind of freak me out."

"They have names. They're Joey and Wednesday and they will come over here if they want to"

Kat glared at my smart ass remark and stormed out of my room muttering something about me changing and being immature. I gently closed the door with my foot and lay on my bed. As I rolled onto my side I noticed a piece of paper with barely legible handwriting saying:

“Rockin Ray,
You're a kick-ass chick!!! Happy belated 21st!! Sorry was kinda wasted last night couldn't wish it to you then. Hopefully we stay in touch. This'll make it a tad easier.
--W13

Under his signature was a phone number. I quickly grabbed my phone and called it.

Damn. No Answer. Damn. Voicemail. DAMN. Generic Message!

I left a simple message and put my phone next to me. As I drifted off to sleep I began dreaming of Joey's sky blue eyes. His raven black hair. His muscular arms when he held me close to him...
Was I truly in love with Joey?