One of the Boys

Let the Games Begin

Literally today the games were beginning, they had to go from 50 teams to just one in a week. Football games aren't exactly short so of course there were several different locations and it was double elimination. That way each team gets at least two games. As much as I'd love to make it to the finals there are fifty teams, fifty good teams and I'm just not sure how successful we'll be. Right now I'm a bit of a negative Nancy, but I can't always be a positive person right.

Anyway our first game was probably our best. "Alright guys," our coach started our game pep talk, "this is our opportunity to come out and prove we belong in this tournament." Simple, but I like it. We were recieving the kick, my job was to catch it and run. I did so and started up my run, this is probably the only time I really object to hot guys throwing themselves at me. I got us far enough and then Chris decided we'd try some of our new plays, to say I was excited was a bit of an exaggeration. They worked of course and then when we were within reach of the goal and I mean on the four yard line he called a fake out type play and then ran it in. That was a quick and easy first goal.

I'm not going to lie, it was pretty close, defensively both teams have just about the same weakness. Which probably helps eat\ch team out on offense considering this is the defense we practice against. But when the clock was ticking down we had possession and we were ahead by like two points so all we were doing was running down the clock. Claiming our spot in the winners bracket, yay.

The good news is that win means we didn't have to play another game right after, the bad news is now I'm waking up at 5:30 for our eight o'clock game this morning. "Wake up sleeping beauty," Hayden said laying over me and I lightly kicked my foot up. "You are like sunshine in the morning," he said backing away.

"Just five more minutes," I said before closing my eyes.

"Someone go fill the bucket of ice," I heard Chris say.

I darted up, "I'm awake." They all just laughed at me and I patted down my hair which was probably a mess. "I swear if you ever try that on me, you are a dead man Mills." He gave a cocky grin and I made a face when he turned around.

"Here," Hayden said handing me a piece of toast, "we don't have time to go to the buffet today, so this is your gift."

"Wow," I said taking an unhappy bite, "what a great meal." We left for our first game of the day which actually was a cake walk and then came back to the hotel to waste time before our next game at 5. You know eat lunch, goof around. You know goof around for some guys on the team was actually work out. Others went to swim, yeah I'd love to swim, but half naked around all these hormonal guys doesn't sound smart. I'd be like the only girl there. So I went with some of the guys to sit in a lounge, There was a couch, huge tv a few tables and a pool table. Yes let the games begin and by that I mean the really bad games of pool.

I sat thee with a bag full of popcorn that I bought from the hotel convenience store. I watched as Hayden scratched for like the third time since he started. "Boo you suck," I said as I threw a piece of popcorn at him.

"Aren't you supposed to be my personal cheerleader," he said.

"Hay, Hay he's are man if you can't beat him, you all suck too," I said moving my hand in a cheerleader motion.

He turned his head gave me a stern look and then poked me with the stick, "you have got to be the worst cheerleader ever." I stuck my tongue out.

"Lot of talk Tanner," Chris said as he took a descent shot, "you any good." I am good, it's been a long time since I've played but I was good.

"Define good, it's been a while since I've played," I said throwing some popcorn in my mouth, "I'll take winner and then I'll show you all what not to do." Chris rose his eyebrow at me and I just shrugged, "come on I can't be worse than Hayden."

"I thought we were best friends," Hayden said looking up from his game.

I looked at him shocked, "we are, and if your best friend can't be honest with you then who can." He shook his head laughed and then eventually lost the game. I jumped up off the couch and said, "yay my turn." I walked over to where all the sticks were and then looked at everyone, "which one do I use?"

"Which ever one you want," Chris said. I shrugged and took one of the smaller ones. "You want to break it or should I.

"You can break it," I said, "I'm not very good at that." He shrugged and broke it hitting in a solid and then another one on this next shot, but then it was my turn.

"You sure you know how to play Tanner," he looked at me eyebrow raised.

I smirked, "why were you hoping to do that corny thing where you teach me how, you know like they do in every bad movie."

"Your stripes," he said. He sat down and crossed his arms amused as I examined my next move. I shot the white ball at the wall barley tapping the green striped one to send it into the corner hole and then it ricocheted off the wall hitting orange striped ball into the opposite corner pocket.

"Damn the girl has skills," Hayden said. I just smirked and continued my turn hitting one more in and then missing my next shot barley. I'll say this was a close game, almost neck and neck till the very end, but I'm a winner and I always win.

"Looks like we've got a new pool champ on the team," Alex said from where he was sitting, "next time we play teams you are on mine." Yup and then soon enough it was time for our next game, more of a nail biter, but we came out on top again. We were a lot better than I may have initially made the team sound.

We got back to our rooms at like nine and we didn't have to be in bed till like twelve which meant we'd try to push it till later. I showered right away and changed into my pjs, the boys kept the room freezing so I was dressed warm. They had cup cakes on them and it was pants with the button up kind of top and it was a size to big so that it was baggy. Hayden w\had gone to Tyler's room to do God knows what. And Chris had gone into the shower so I was stuck with Franky and Sam who were leaving. "You guys are going to leave me here all alone," I said with a pouty face and they just nodded and headed for the door. "Hey," I said stopping them, "where are you guys going."

"Alex's room," Franky said.

"Can I come," I said slipping on my shrek slippers.

"We're going to be playing poker," Sam said shrugging.

"Well," I said, "I'm pretty good at poker, can I come please please please."

"Alright," Franky said probably just to shut me up, "just bring a few snacks, that's what we gamble with." I smiled really big, grabbed a few snack bags and then followed them to Alex's room. His room was on the second floor. "Look we brought a guest," Franky said as I walked into the room of just Alex, Tommy and Xavier. Xavier though was on his bed reading so I don't think he'd be playing.

"You play poker too," Alex said with a grin.

"You bet," I said sitting down in the circle.

"Alright," he said, "since we got a girl here this time maybe it'd be more interesting to play strip poker."

I rose my eyebrow at the suggestion, "you'd really risk seeing three of your teammates naked just to see one girl."

He nodded, "we aren't ashamed of our bodies, are you?"

"No," I said shaking my head defensively. Besides I had a lot of clothes on anyways. It had been about an hour or so and I was laughing really hard as I put my hand in front of my eyes to block the sight, "oh my God Alex," I said, "one you suck at this and two I'm not sure you know how to play this game."

"What's wrong," he said as he just sat there in the nude as if it was perfectly normal.

"You still have your socks and shoes on," I said, "speaking of that can I please just put my slippers back on, I swear I'll pretend they're off my feet are just really cold."

"Fine, but place your next bet," Sam said.

"Alright," I said taking off the spanks I had on leaving me in just my underwear and bra, "here."

"Jesus Christ that took forever," Alex said, "you wear a lot of clothes."

"Yeah, and I could be betting some of your guys clothes that I won, but this is a little more fun," I said. I wasn't going to take off any more than this, not that I had the choice anyway. Captain kill joy was knocking on the door.

"Xavier," Tommy snapped his finger, "the door." Xavier rolled his eyes and just went to open the door.

"Is Reagan in here," someone called out.

I turned around and said, "yes I am right here."

"What are you doing," Chris said looking at me and then at the rest of the room. When he got to Alex he put his hand up and said, "dude put some pants on."

"Aww we're just playing some poker," I said holding up my cards.

"We are going back to the room," he said grabbing my wrist.

"You want me," I pointed to myself, "to go back to our empty room," I pointed out the door, "dressed like this," I pointed to myself again. Then I started shaking my head, "Mills I am beginning to question your motives."

"Just put your clothes on and come on," he said.

'But why," I made a sad face, "I'm winning look at my pile." I pointed over to the clothes that were in my pile. He gave me a stern look and I rolled my eyes grabbing my spandex to quickly put it on and then I buttoned my big cupcake shirt. "You are no fun," I said leading him out the room.

"Yeah no fun," all the guys were yelling as we walked out.