One of the Boys

All eyes on me

I walked into the school and all eyes were on me, I had my lackies at either side. Today I was head bitch, as it should be everyday. "You look good today," De said from my side. It was probably the fact that I was wearing makeup and I had brushed my hair. It was a damn good day. "And good thing, everyone's looking at you," she looked around.

"I'm like Regina George,"I smiled as I displayed what was going. Then I turned to her, "that make you Gretchen and Tyty can be Karen."

"I object," he said from my side, "I am so Lindsey Lohan, you should know that." I laughed at him and he then shook off the gay demeanor, "and when did you start calling me Tyty."

I shrugged, "since I found out I don't really know your last name."

"Not that I don't think you're worth the attention," De said, "but what are they waiting for, I mean this isn't gossip girl."

"Or is it," I put my finger out.

"No," she shook her head, "you are not Serena and no one cares about your love life."

"Yet," I motioned once again towards everyone's gaze, "I kind of think they do."

"Let's face it," Tyler intervened, "gossip is slow and they're just waiting for some confrontation between you and Mills." He turned to De, "I'm not saying it isn't sad, but this is the most exciting thing right now."

"Well," I headed over to my locker, "I'd like to avoid the main event as long as possible."

De smiled, "you can't avoid it forever." She nodded at the clearing in the crowd that was made just for him.

"You," I pointed at De, "underestimate my abilities." Then I did something I'm not very proud of. I ran away. And I was able to avoid it until lunch. There was no way to get past the inevitable, not at that point. I should have known by the people eyeing me while I awaited getting my lunch, the time was upon us. Mills had slowly been making his way up to my spot in line and he was here. I grabbed my tray as I approached the actual food portion, "you know there is a point when persistence becomes annoying."

"Is it the same point that your act becomes old," he raised his eyebrow at me, "because we're way past that."

"Ha," I let out sarcastically and then turned my attention back to the food, "whatever you have to say you might as well say it, our audience is becoming woeful." I nodded towards the obvious eavesdroppers.

He looked around, "are you sure you want to do this in public."

I shrugged as I started carrying my food to my usual table, leading the way. "Why not," I smiled to myself, "my fans crave the most intimate details." I shrugged and moved my head from one side to the other, "so why not give them what they want." I looked back with a little smirk.

"Fine," he finally said as we came upon my table, "I love you." I dropped my tray in shock and let my eyes bulge out. "I love you," he repeated, "Reagan Tanner."

I let out a laugh before turning around, "dear lord it's a freakin' epidemic."

"I'm serious, Tanner," he looked at me.

"So am I, it's like swine flu all over again," I shook my head, "and if you caught it, then dammit we're all susceptible."

"What," he was lost.

"You know," I mocked him, "the love bug." I shrugged before continuing, "some of the symptoms are sweating shortness of breath and of course," I smiled, "walking on sunshine." I put my jazz hands up.

I turned around and took my seat feeling as if I had succeeded, but he crawled around to the other side and leaned over the table. "You make your jokes," he shook is head, "I get it, you're scared, it's your defense."

"Scared," I gave him a good humored smile. "The only thing I'm scared of is insanity," I smirked, "and you Christopher Mills are insane."

He nodded before sitting down across from me, "yeah I'm a little insane, I've got my theories, how about you?" I looked at him unsure and he clarified, "why do you think I'm insane."

"Your infatuation with me, its nonsensical," I shook my head, "you said so yourself, I am not the girl you bring home to mom and on top of that your choice of an opening to this fabulous argument." I patted my heart, "my major blood pumping muscle thanks you for the blatant attack."

He smiled at me, "since the day you got here and pretended you were deaf, you've been turning my world upside-down." I wouldn't know what to say to that, nothing clever popped in my head so I just sat back and listened. "Hell Tanner, you threw this entire place into turmoil when you decided to defy all rules and sneak onto the football team," he shrugged. "Then with all the guys, the strip poker, your stupid references" he was dropping fingers like crazy, "and then you kissed me." I looked away at the audience and then glared at some girl who was extra attentive. He sat back, "so how am I supposed to stay sane."

"Well," I elongated the word trying to think of something to say and then I pointed, "I never kissed you." I sat back and crossed my arms.

He shook his head somehow humored and continued, "and then that night." He looked at me as if he were trying to tell me which night without words, but I wasn't getting it. "When you were crying," he looked at me.

"Shush," I said hoping that no one had heard that.

"Do you remember what I said to you that night," he looked at me.

"No," I shook my head, "I tired to forget that entire night completely, thank you very much." I got up and shook my head, "I'm done listening to this, it's cheesier than a Disney channel movie."

"I'm sorry," he said and I turned around, "that's what I said, because I couldn't bare to see you like that and I'm sorry we couldn't have avoided the entire situation."

Some girl was awing in the corner. "Don't aw," I pointed at her, "it is not cute, this is not a freakin' movie." And then I looked at him, "I don't know what to say to you."

"You don't have to say anything," he got closer.

"Don't kiss me," I shook my head, "I will bite you again, in front of all these people." I looked around, "that's right."

"What's wrong with you," some person in the crowd yelled. Upon examination it was De.

"Stay out of this," I looked at her sternly.

"No, I think our fans would love to know," Mills gestured to the crowd.

I rolled my eyes as i looked at them, "so much more than any of them or you," I pointed at De, "would ever really understand."

"I'll take that challenge," he said as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me in to the stupid kiss.