Status: Not finished

Maybe It's Not My Weekend, But It's Gonna Be My Year

There's No Such Thing As A Perfect Crime

Zack's POV
I was glad Summer wasn't leaving yet, but I did wonder what made her stay. A few minutes ago she seemed so convinced about leaving, and then suddenly she wasn't. Well, it was probably none of my business. Yet, it still kept me awake. I could just ask Summer about it tomorrow. I didn't sleep very well that night, and I could hear I wasn't the only one awake. I saw the first sun beams coming through the window way too early, and from then on I couldn't sleep anymore. I stayed in my bunk and waited for someone else to get up. Eventually I heard someone get up. I looked through the curtains of my bunk and saw it was Alex who walked towards the couch and sat down. I looked at my phone which was laying under my pillow, and saw that it was 6.30 AM. Great. I had probably slept about two hours or something. I got out of my bunk, and walked towards Alex.
'Good morning' I said.
Alex looked as tired as I felt.
'Good morning' he replied. 'You didn't sleep very well either, did you?'
I shook my head. 'Nope, I slept like two hours. I already thought I wasn't the only one who couldn't sleep' I replied.
'Yeah, I think Jack was the only one who did sleep well' Alex replied. 'I think Summer and Rian fell asleep like an hour ago or something, they've been awake for a long time as well'
'We have way too much drama going on here' I said laughing.
'Yeah' Alex replied laughing, but it seemed like a fake laugh. Well... it was probably just too early to laugh.
'How is Rian dealing with this whole Jess thing anyway?' Alex asked me.
'At the moment, I think he isn't dealing with it at all... I think he's just focusing on everybody else's
problems instead of his own. But he's gonna have to deal with it eventually.' I replied.
'I still think it's weird. It doesn't sound like Jess at all' Alex said.
I nodded. 'Yeah, I know what you mean. Everything always seemed to come naturally between them. They never fought or something'
'Indeed... Well, it just shows how wrong you can be about people' Alex said.
We then saw Summer come out of her bunk and walk up to us. She looked very tired as well, so I guessed Alex was right about her not sleeping so well.
'Hey sleepyhead' I said with a smile.
'Hey' she replied. 'There's no coffee yet, is there?'
Alex shook his head, and Summer walked to the coffee machine to make coffee.
'Do you want coffee?' she asked us. Alex and I both nodded.
She turned the machine on, and it started to make a lot of noise. A few seconds later, both Jack and Rian got out of their bunks.
'It's 7 AM for fuck's sake!' Jack said. 'Why do you have to make coffee this early?'
'Jack, shut the fuck up. At least you got some sleep last night' Alex replied.
'Didn't you guys sleep?' Jack asked.
'No, can't you tell?' Rian asked him.
'Yeah well, now that you say it, you all look kind of tired' Jack replied, looking at us.
'We know, so yeah Jack, we do need to make coffee this early' I replied.
'Do you want coffee as well?' Summer asked Rian and Jack, who both nodded.

After we all had coffee, we all got dressed.
'I suggest we'll just go play some basketball outside' Jack suggested.
'At 7:30 AM?' I asked him.
'Yeah, why not? It's not like we have anything better to do' Jack replied.
I shrugged. 'Fine' I replied.
We all got up and walked out of the bus. We made two teams: Alex, Jack and Summer against me and Rian. It seemed fair, since Alex and Jack really sucked, Rian and Summer weren't too bad, and I was pretty good.

Alex's POV
After we played basketball for a while, Rian came up to me.
'Can I talk to you?' he asked me.
'You're just gonna let Zack loose?' I asked him.
'Yeah, well, this is more important' Rian replied.
He walked onto the tour bus and I followed him.
'What the hell do you think you're doing, man?' he asked me as soon as we got in.
'What are you talking about?' I asked him, shocked. I didn't see this coming.
'I saw you and Summer last night. Are you really gonna do that to Zack, and to Summer in fact, just to keep her here?' he asked.
'It's not like that!' I said. 'Look, I feel really bad about it, I do, but this isn't just to keep her here, Rian' I said.
'What's that supposed to mean?' Rian asked.
'This thing between me and Summer, it has always just kind of been there...' I said.
'Oh really? Because I remember Summer being crazy in love with you, and you breaking her heart' he said.
'I didn't want to. I was in love with her then, I have been ever since and I am now. I just couldn't be with her. She deserved more than what I could give her. So Wrong It's Right was just released and we were busy touring. She deserved a boyfriend who she could actually be with, not one who was always on the road' I said.
'So what is different now, except for the fact that Zack's in love with her as well?' Rian asked.
'Nothing is different, but I knew it was the only way to make her stay' I replied.
'Oh, so it was about that? You did kiss her just to make her stay?' Rian asked.
'No, that's not what I meant! I do love her, and letting her know that was the only way I could think of to make her stay' I replied. 'And don't try to make me feel more guilty about it than I already do. Do you really think I didn't think about how this would make Zack feel?'
'I don't care whether you thought about it or not, you still went through with it' Rian replied. 'Haven't you seen Zack suffer enough the past days?'
'Of course I have. Look dude, we're not going to just go through with this and keep this a secret to Zack! We're going to talk to him about it today' I said.
'And then what do you expect him to say?' Rian asked. '”Oh, you're in love with each other? How great! I hope you have a great life together” because that's not gonna happen. Well, it might, because that's how Zack is, but you and I both know this is gonna kill him inside'
'I know man, I don't know what's going to happen now. All I know is that nothing's gonna happen until we have talked to Zack. And to be honest, if Zack gets mad about it, I don't even think Summer wants to be with me' I said.
'Well, at least one of you cares' Rian said.
'That's not fair. I do care and I hate hurting Zack, but I love Summer' I replied.
'Yes, and apparently you've loved her for years without showing it. Why stop now? Just because she knows now doesn't mean it has to change anything.' Rian said.
'Don't you want her to stay?' I asked him.
'Of course I do, but not this way. Not with Zack getting hurt like this. I love Summer, but bros over hoes, man. And if Summer leaves, that doesn't mean you won't see her again. She just said that because she was angry. Hurting Zack might have a lot more consequences, considering the fact that he's in the same band as you, and you're living on a tour bus with him. You really should think about this' Rian said.
'I will, but please just stay out of it, okay? Let Summer and me handle this, and don't tell Zack about that kiss. We will tell him' I said.
'Fine, but you better do it fast' Rian said.
'We will' I assured him.
We then upped and walked back outside.
'Alex! We need you!' Jack yelled as soon as he saw me. 'We can't even beat Zack on his own'.
'As if you can beat me with Alex's help' Zack said laughing.
I felt so bad, thinking about how he won't be laughing after we told him about us. Rian and I both walked onto the basketball field and started playing. It was easy for Zack and Rian to beat us. Summer came up to me after the game.
'What did you and Rian talk about?' she asked me.
'About you, me and Zack' I replied. 'He saw us last night...'
'Crap... What did he say?' she asked.
'That he thinks it's wrong to do this to Zack. He's not gonna tell him, but we have to tell him soon' I replied.
'Yeah, we were going to tell him today, right?' she asked.
I nodded.
'But I have no idea how...' I said.
'Me neither' she replied.
'Shouldn't we talk about this first? About what we're going to do with these... feelings?' I asked her. 'I mean, if you don't want to be with me anyway we don't have to upset Zack either'.
'Well, no, but I do want to be with you Alex, I really do, but I'm not making any decisions before we've talked to Zack. If he gets really upset about this we shouldn't go through with it' she said.
I looked at her.
'Look, Alex, I love you, but Zack is one of my best friends, and being with you will hurt him more than not being with you will hurt you' she said.
'I guess you're right...'
Summer looked at Zack.
'I really don't wanna do this' she whispered.
'I know...' I said.

Jack's POV
I was annoying Zack and Rian by throwing the basketball at their faces when my phone rang. I took it out of my pocket, and I saw I had a text. I unlocked my phone and opened the text. I saw it was from Donna. I smiled. We had been texting ever since we left Atlanta.

You're gonna be in Richmond tonight right? I'm going to visit some friends there, wanna meet up? Xoxo

I smiled. I couldn't wait to see her again. I immediately texted her back.

Yeah sure, I would love to! What time are you gonna be here? We play at The National xoxo

I send it.
'Who are you texting?' Rian asked me.
'Who do you think?' Zack replied. 'Donna of course.'
I nodded. 'Yeah, she's gonna be in Richmond tonight and she wants to meet up' I said smiling.
'Look at him, smiling like a little kid' Zack said laughing.
'Well, it doesn't really take much to make Jack smile like a little kid' Rian said.
'That's true' Zack said.
My phone buzzed. I opened the text.

Yeah, I know :) The show is sold out, so I can't come to the show, but we can meet up afterwards? Xoxo

'Do you guys mind if Donna's coming over tonight?' I asked Rian and Zack.
They both shook their head.
'I'm glad at least one of us is in love with a girl with whom things might actually work out' Zack said.
'Yeah... I feel kind of bad inviting her though, with all of your relationship problems' I said.
'It's okay man, you already don't see her that much. You shouldn't let this opportunity pass' Rian said.
I nodded and unlocked my phone to text back.

Or we could just meet up before the show and you can watch backstage if you want to :) xoxo

I was already excited to see her again. It had only been two days, but with everything that had happened, it seemed much more. I couldn't wait to see her again, and to actually hang out with her. We didn't really get the chance to do that the other night since Alex ran away. Luckily I did get the chance to talk to her the morning after. My phone buzzed again. I unlocked it and opened the text.

Are you sure you and the guys don't mind that? I don't want to be a bother... xoxo

'Donna asks if you guys don't mind' I told Zack and Rian.
'Dude, stop asking that, we already told you we didn't mind' Rian replied.

You're never a bother! But they don't mind, I've asked them so many times that Rian got annoyed, haha. Just text me when you get to the venue, okay? We're playing at 8:45, so make sure you're here at 8:30! xoxo

'So, is she coming?' Zack asked.
I nodded. 'Yeah, she'll be there before the show and she'll stay for the show' I said smiling.
'Good' Rian replied. 'You really like this girl, don't you?'
I nodded. 'Yeah, I guess you could say that... Too bad she lives in Atlanta' I said.
'Well, I'm sure you'll find a way to be together if it comes to that' Zack said
'Yeah probably' I replied. My phone buzzed again. I opened the text.

Will do! Can't wait to see you! :) xoxo

I smiled as I read that.
'What did she text?' Rian asked when he saw me smiling.
'Oh, that she can't wait to see me' I replied, slightly blushing.
'Ah, how cute' Rian made fun of me.
'Shut the fuck up, Rian' I said.
Zack and Rian laughed.
I decided to ignore it and to text Donna back.

I can't wait to see you either! See you tonight! Xoxo

Alex and Summer then came walking up to us.
'Well, guess who's coming over tonight?' Zack asked them.
'Please let it be Lady GaGa' Alex replied.
'No dude, sorry, it's just Donna' Rian said.
'Well, that's a disappointment' Alex said with a sad face.
'Hey!' I exclaimed offended.
'Ah, he's defending his girl' Alex said laughing.
I blushed. 'She's not my girl' I said.
'Yeah, not yet' Rian said laughing.
'She will be soon enough' Alex said.
'After tonight probably' Zack added.
'I've only known her for three days and only seen her once' I said.
'That's true' Alex replied. 'But that never stopped you before'.
'How are things with you and Maria anyway?' Zack asked Alex.
'Oh eh, I don't know, I haven't spoken to her since yesterday' he replied.
'Are you going to?' I asked him.
He looked at Summer. 'Probably not' he replied.

Rian's POV
It then was my phone’s turn to ring. I looked on the screen. I was surprised to find out it was Jess. I hesitated if I should answer, but after a few seconds I decided to answer. I wanted answers. I answered.
‘Jess?’ I asked.
‘Rian, thank god you picked up!’ she sounded really upset. I was confused.
‘Why are you calling me? You broke up with me without telling me, remember?’ I said coldly.
‘Rian, this is not what it seems. I can’t explain it right now, but I want you to know that I love you and you were never supposed to know that I broke up with you’ she said, starting to cry.
‘Jess, what’s going on?’ I asked starting to worry.
‘Can’t say. Just remember that I love you’ she said hasty, crying. ‘I have to go’
‘Jess! Please talk to me, why can’t you say what’s going on? Where are you?!’ I said, now very worried.
Alex, Jack, Zack and Summer all looked at me, worried. Considering the fact that I had mentioned Jess’ name multiple times they knew it was her. Jess was Summer’s best friend, so especially she looked very worried.
‘I have to go Rian, I love you, please remember that, no matter what happens’ she said.
‘Jess!’ I exclaimed but she had already hung up.
‘What was that all about?’ Alex asked worried.
‘I don’t know. Something is wrong with Jess, but she couldn’t tell what it was… She just kept saying that she loved me’ I said worried.
‘Where is she? In Baltimore?’ Summer asked.
‘I don’t know, she couldn’t say that either’ I said.
Summer grabbed her phone out of her pocket and tried to call Jess.
‘Her phone is turned off…’ she said after she hung up.
‘Damn’ I said. ‘What am I supposed to do?’
‘You could call someone in Baltimore? She might be at home?’ Zack suggested.
‘But Chad said she was at the airport a couple of days ago…’
‘So? He didn’t actually see her get on a plane, did he?’ Zack replied.
‘Well, I guess I could try that’ I said.
I dialed Jason’s number and explained to him what was going on.
‘He’s gonna try to find her’ I said after I hung up.
We all didn’t really know what to say. I was confused. On one side I was happy that Jess loved me and that she didn’t mean to break up with me, but on the other hand I was extremely worried about her right now. We were all just kind of standing there, just staring. After what seemed like hours, my phone rings. I quickly pick up.
‘Did you find her?’ I immediately asked.
‘I did, she’s at home, but she’s in trouble man…’ he replied.
‘What do you mean?’ I asked worried.
‘It’s Chad’ Jason said. ‘He and some of his friends are forcing her to transport drugs to some country. If she doesn’t do it, they’ll do something to her or to you or Summer’
‘That son of a bitch!’ I exclaimed angrily. ‘Where is he now? Is Jess okay?’
‘I don’t know where he is, not here. She’s okay for now, but she’s supposed to transport the drugs today. What are we gonna do, man?’ he said.
‘First of all, call the police, and tell them the whole story. Let them find Chad and whoever he’s working with’ I said. It was the first time that crossed my mind. The only thing really.
‘Okay, I’m gonna call the police, I’ll put Jess on the phone’ he replied.
It was quiet for a while, before I heard Jess’ voice. She didn’t sound as upset as she did earlier, but she clearly hadn’t calmed down either.
‘Hey’ she said softly.
‘Hey, are you okay?’ I asked.
‘Wait a minute’ she said.
I heard her tell Jason to use another phone because apparently her phone was being tapped.
‘I don’t really know’ she replied after a few seconds. ‘Look Rian, I never meant to break up with you. Chad made me tell Jason to make you seem like the bad guy. If I wouldn’t do what he wanted me to do, he would come after you, and everybody would think it was justified because he would stood up for me and he wouldn’t look suspicious. He really planned it all out’
‘It’s okay’ I replied. ‘But how did this all happen? Did he just show up at your house some day and tell you to transport drugs?’
‘Actually, yeah pretty much. He would come over to my house to hang, but he brought some friends, and then suddenly he was threatening me…’ she replied.
‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ I asked.
‘Because I was afraid he would do something to you… He said that he had some guys following you. I didn’t know if it was true, but I couldn’t take the risk’ she replied.
‘But if I knew I could’ve been more careful, or I could’ve called the police’ I said.
‘And besides, he hardly ever left me alone, and if he did he was tapping my phone. If I told you, he would’ve known it immediately and I couldn’t risk that either’ she said.
‘He didn’t leave you alone? What do you mean, did he like kidnap you or something?’ I asked.
‘No, but he wouldn’t leave my house’ she replied.
‘You don’t let anyone tell you what to do or let them force themselves on to you…’ I noticed. ‘You and I both know you could kick his ass with your kickboxing skills’
‘Yeah I know, but again, I couldn’t risk bringing you in danger’ she replied. ‘But this is irrelevant right now, I just want him behind bars’
‘Did Jason call the police already?’ I asked.
‘Yeah, he just hung up. They’re coming over here’ she replied.
‘Okay good. They will catch him’ I tried to comfort her. ‘It’s gonna be okay’
I wished I could just be with her to hug her.
‘I hope so’ she said. ‘So… are we still together?’ she asked then.
‘Of course’ I replied. ‘I would never break up with you’
I could tell by her voice that she was smiling. Well, I guess I’m supposed to know that after being with her for 4 years and being on the phone with her daily…
‘Thank god’ she replied.
‘And we’ll get through this together’ I added. ‘I promise’
♠ ♠ ♠
By the way, I love hearing opinions. Who do you want Summer to end up with? Alex or Zack? Or even Luke, Jack or Rian? haha, let me know on twitter @AllTimeNienke!