Status: Not finished

Maybe It's Not My Weekend, But It's Gonna Be My Year

If Nothing Is True, What More Can I Do?

Okay so first of all, I have to tell you that I changed something about the POVs. From now on I will alternate Alex’s and Summer’s POV. For now, Zack’s POV will be in every chapter until I find him a love interest. I alternated Zack’s and Summer’s POV in the first place since I planned on them being a couple but thing went a little different. I will sometimes alternate Jack’s POV and Donna’s POV and also Rian’s POV and Jess’ POV if it’s appropriate. Also, I will not use a particular order anymore, and just use the order of POVs that suits the best.

Summer’s POV
I was watching Rian as he was on the phone with Jess. I was worried about my best friend. I didn’t know exactly what was going on, but by Rian’s reaction I could tell it wasn’t good. Zack, Alex, Jack and I waited till Rian hung up.
‘So what’s going on with her?’ I asked.
‘Chad and some friends of his tried to force her to do a drugs transport’ Rian replied.
‘Whát?’ I asked shocked.
‘Jason is with her now. He called the police and they’re coming over’ he continued.
‘Unbelievable that you can’t even trust your friends anymore’ Alex said.
‘I know right. I expect those people to look after her when I’m not there to do it… Not to make her transport drugs to some country were they’ll put her behind bars for a very long time…’ Rian agreed.
‘But you guys, as a couple, are good now?’ Zack asked.
I nodded. ‘Yeah, at least that’s something…’ I replied. ‘Can we just go watch the support? I wanna get this out of my head for now… I can’t do anything about it anyway’
They all nodded and we walked into the venue. The show hadn’t started though, but the members of We Are The In Crowd, Taylor, Jordan, Mike, Cameron and Rob were waiting backstage till they could start playing. We walked up to them and had a short chat with them. I hadn’t really talked to them, since I was kind of too wasted to do that yesterday. I was actually surprised that I didn’t have a huge hangover. I felt like I had to tell them that I wasn’t usually like that.
‘So, I would just like to apologize for yesterday’ I said. ‘I’m not usually like that…’
‘Yeah, she’s usually very boring’ Jack replied.
I gave him a destructive look.
‘It’s just that my boyfriend broke up with me, and I’ve developed the bad habit of drinking my pain away…’ I said.
‘It’s okay’ Taylor replied smiling. ‘We all have those moments’
The guys nodded.
‘Okay then’ I said with a smile.
Their manager then came up to us and told them they had to go on in a couple of minutes. They went to get their instruments.
‘Have fun’ I said as they passed us while walking towards the stage.
‘Thanks’ they replied and they went on stage.

‘So, Zack, what do you think of Taylor?’ Alex then asked Zack.
Zack looked at him surprised.
‘Uhm… what? Why?’ he asked.
‘Because you need a girlfriend’ Alex said.
‘Says who?’ Zack asked him.
‘I do’ Alex said.
‘Yeah dude, why don’t you date her?’ Zack suggested.
Oh yeah… We still hadn’t told Zack about us… Damn it, I forgot about it with everything going on with Jess… I really hoped Rian wasn’t going to tell him before we could… We had to do it soon.

Zack’s POV
‘Because I don’t like her’ Alex replied.
‘Uhm yeah, and what makes you think I do?’ I asked him.
‘I just think it would be cool if you would get together with her’ Alex replied.
‘I don’t just get together with someone I’ve only known for a couple of days’ I replied. ‘What happened with you and Maria anyway?’
‘Well, she just wasn’t the girl for me’ he said.
‘She wasn’t the girl for you? How long did you talk to her before she left, 5 minutes?’ I asked him. ‘You can’t get to know someone in 5 minutes’
‘Well, my first impression just wasn’t very good…’ Alex replied.
‘Your first impression of her was at the bar yesterday, and it seemed like you got a pretty good impression of her then’ I replied.
‘Zack, just drop it. I’m not into her’ Alex said.
‘Well, I’m not into Taylor, so if you drop her, I’ll drop Maria’ I said.
I didn’t want to think about dating someone else now that Summer was single. I was confused. Yesterday, Alex was convincing me to go after Summer and now he wants me to date Taylor? I would rather date Summer though, but well, it wasn’t really my call…
‘Fine’ Alex said.
Alex then looked at Summer quizzically, and she nodded.
‘Zack, can we talk to you for a moment?’ Summer then asked.
I shrugged.
‘Sure’ I replied suspiciously.
I followed Summer and Alex out of the venue, onto the parking lot.
‘So, Zack, we have to tell you something, and you’re not gonna like it’ Summer started.
Oh god, I thought. I wondered what they were going to tell me.
‘So you know Luke and I broke up’ Summer continued.
I opened my mouth to reply sarcastically, but Alex didn’t let me.
‘Can we just say it? It’s not gonna be easier if you try to talk around it’ he said.
‘Talk around what?’ I asked. ‘Can you just say whatever you wanted to say?’
‘It’s Alex, Zack. I love Alex.’ Summer said.
I looked at her quizzically. I knew she loved Alex. I guess she read my mind.
‘I wanna be with Alex’ she then continued.
I kept quiet. I didn’t know what to say. Was I going to support this? How could I support this? Why would I support this? They both knew how I felt about Summer. I was not going to support this. I would just chose for myself for once, and be selfish. I usually cared more about other feelings than about my own, but not now.
‘Oh really?’ I exclaimed. ‘I knew you were a lot of things, but I never thought any of you was a backstabber. Well, I guess it just shows how wrong you can be about someone!’
The anger inside me grew with every word I spoke. I could tell by their faces they had already expect a reaction like this, but were still shocked.
‘Zack…’ Summer started.
‘No, shut up! Whatever you want to say, I don’t wanna hear it! I don’t give a fuck! I hope you have great fucking life together!’ I yelled.
I looked at them for a second before I turned to walk away. Summer had tears in her eyes, but right now, I couldn’t care less. I walked away from them. I heard Summer yell my name, but kept on walking. I walked back into the venue, towards Rian and Jack.

Rian’s POV
I saw Zack coming back, and judging by him face, Summer and Alex told him about them. He walked up to us, but didn’t say anything.
‘Dude, are you okay? Where are Summer and Alex?’ Jack asked.
Zack groaned.
I didn’t know what I was supposed to say. I was afraid Zack would get mad if he would find out that I knew about their kiss but didn’t tell him, but he seemed to need someone to talk to…
‘Do you wanna talk about it?’ I asked him.
He shook his head. I could tell he was really mad. I couldn’t remember seeing Zack this mad. He wasn’t the kind of guy who got mad easily. He would usually hide his own feelings in order to make others happy, but I guess he couldn’t do that now, not about this. I felt bad for him.
Summer and Alex then entered the venue and walked up to us. I could tell by Zack’s face he just wanted to leave, but didn’t know where to go. Summer and Alex came closer. They seemed to feel very awkward, but most of all guilty. I didn’t really feel sorry for them at the moment. They brought it on themselves. I just didn’t want any weirdness in the band.
‘Look guys, you need to sort this out’ I said. ‘I don’t want any weirdness in the band…’
‘Can someone just tell me what’s going on, since everybody but me seems to know it?’ Jack asked.
‘Summer and Alex are together’ Zack said with a voice full of anger.
‘Oh’ Jack replied.
Neither Summer nor Alex said anything.
‘I agree with Rian. Neither one of you is gonna quit over this. We’re not gonna throw this all away over nothing’ Jack said.
‘Nothing?’ Zack asked scornful. ‘You think I’m overreacting here?’
‘That’s not what I meant’ Jack said. ‘But I’m not gonna watch my dreams getting crushed over some girl’
‘Some girl?’ Summer asked offended. ‘Am I just some girl to you?’
‘At this point, yes. I love you, but I will not watch this band fall apart because of them fighting over you’ Jack replied.
‘Then maybe you should learn how to fucking play guitar and go solo!’ Alex exclaimed.
I sighed. This was not going so well.
‘SHUT THE FUCK UP! All of you’ I exclaimed.
They all looked at me.
‘We are not gonna let this band fall apart because of this. Alex and Summer, you can’t blame Zack for being mad. You knew he would be mad. And Alex, don’t take this out on Jack. I suggest you all just grow the fuck up and discuss this as grownups. Stop being so selfish and think about the band’ I said.
Alex and Summer seemed to calm down.
‘You’re right…’ Alex said.
Zack was looking the other way. I had a feeling he was trying to hide his tears. I wished I knew something to make him feel better. Summer was looking at Zack. I could tell how much it hurt her to see Zack like this. She had teary eyes as well.

Jack’s POV
Well, this was a very awkward situation, and as if it wasn’t bad enough already, I then saw Donna walking up to us. Not that that was a bad thing but the timing just wasn’t great. I did invite her though, and I wanted to see her, so they would just have to figure this out themselves. It didn’t have anything to do with me anyway.
‘Yeah, you’re gonna have to figure this out yourselves’ I said.
I walked towards Donna.
‘Hey you’ I said smiling.
‘Hey’ she replied smiling. ‘Is everything okay? Is Zack crying?’
‘Uhm yeah, we’re having some drama at the moment’ I replied.
‘Oh… If you want me to leave, just say it…’ she said.
‘I don’t want you to leave’ I said with a smile. ‘It’s good to see you again’
‘Yeah it’s good to see you again as well’ she replied. ‘So what have you been up to?’
‘You know, just attempting to play guitar, watch Alex and Summer fight, watch Alex, Summer and Zack fight, seeing both Rian and Zack get their heartbroken, finding out Rian’s girlfriend is in trouble… Yeah it’s been a good couple of days’ I said sarcastically.
‘Wow, I didn’t know that much could happen in two days’ she replied.
‘Yeah, it surprised me too. I just hope will make it through all of this’ I said.
‘So why is everybody fighting?’ she asked.
‘Well,’ I started as I walked towards some boxes to sit down on them. Donna followed me. We sat down. ‘Yesterday Summer and Alex were fighting, again, because Summer apparently felt like Alex neglected her every time he has a girlfriend. She was right about that though. But well, thinks got pretty ugly. Eventually they made up, and now they’re dating, apparently. I don’t get it either. Anyway, Zack is in love with Summer, has been for a long time, but she’s not in love with him because she’s in love with Alex.’
‘Didn’t she have a boyfriend?’ Donna asked.
‘Oh yeah, Summer’s boyfriend dumped her. Then she drank her pain away and got mad at Alex. But now Zack is mad at Alex and Summer for being together and stabbing him in the back. I guess he’s right about that… I just hope all this drama won’t break us up…’ I replied.
‘Your life is like a television series, my friend’ Donna said.
‘I know right, we should have our own real life soap’ I said. ‘That would be really cool actually.’
‘Haha, you should think about that’ Donna said.
‘Barakat!’ I heard Alex yell. ‘Get your guitar, we have to go on.’
Donna and I both upped and she followed me to get my guitar.
‘Well, have fun’ she said after I got my guitar.
‘Will do’ I said with a smile. ‘You too’
‘Will do’ she replied.
‘Jack!’ Alex yelled.
State Of The Art had almost ended. I rushed to the side of the stage and was just on time to go on stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is, chapter 9, finally... It took me some time to write, sorry! Kind of blocked :(
Anyway, I still really want to know your opinions, but you just won't let me know :(
Tell me at Twitter! @AllTimeNienke :) Who do you want to be with who? Who are your favorite characters? Let me know! Please :3