Status: Cue long hiatus. Sorry but I can't do it right now. Unsubscribe if you'd like.

Status: It's Complicated.

He Likes Me, He Likes Me Not?

It was the next day and oddly enough I really wanted to talk to Ryan about him and Brendon playing music in their room. Besides I had already told Brendon. When I went downstairs for breakfast there were no vacant seats by Ryan. Might as well steal him away after we are both done eating, I thought. It was sort of nice talking to people on days when there is nothing do to, especially if they are really nice. Honestly, I felt proud of myself finally being able to talk to guys. I didn't pick out too much to eat because I knew Ryan had already been down here for a while. As soon as I saw him get up I rushed to his side.
"Hey Ryan!" I said, cheerfully.
"Hey Alice." He put a smile on. It was probably fake considering he looked a little uninterested in me.
"What are you up to today?" I let slip out. Okay I wasn't just going to say 'can I talk to you' and end up just saying 'you guys sounded great'
"Nothing I was just gunna watch some T.V." Perfect.
"Cool. Do you mind if I join you?"
"No sure. I probably won't be watching anything you are interested in."
"I don't mind." I finished as we went to the living room.
In the back of my head I wasn't quite sure when to mention it. Hopefully he watched something music related. As he flipped through the channels I started to feel a little nervous. I wasn't really sure why considering I always get like this around guys.
He finally stopped at a station. Oh yes, it was something about music. In particular it was something about The Beatles.
As soon as 30 minutes passed and the awkwardness set in. I spoke up, "The Beatles are a great band."
Ryan seemed to be caught off-guard by my comment, "Yeah, they are great."
"I heard some music being played in your room a few days ago. I wasn't like spying on you guys or anything cause I'm not that kind of person, but uh yeah, you guys sounded great."
I looked at him and he looked at me, seeming even more caught off guard, "You heard us?"
"Um yeah.. I just thought of it now cause we are watching something about The Beatles.... I'm not sure if the song was by them or something."
"No, it was by The Who actually... but you heard us." He dragged out the 'heard... us.'
"Yeah you guys sounded really good. I loved the harmony Ryan, you have a really good singing voice."
I could see him smile, maybe blush, "Well thanks."
"You guys must be getting along then right?"
"I guess so, as long as it has to do with music. That's all we really have in common."
"Well it's good that you guys are getting along with anything."
"True." He let out a small laugh.
"Well I have a project due in a few days so I should be getting back to that." I lied. I started to get up. It's not that I didn't like The Beatles, but it was getting a little boring. Before I started walking I got out, "Nice talking to you Ryan."
"Yeah..." He said back. Well that was a lame response. Oh well he probably thought I got a little annoying.
I then ran upstairs to collect my thoughts. Well for starters I'm happy they were getting along. I am also starting to recollect my thoughts about Brendon. Honestly, even when he was fighting with Ryan I still had a crush on him. I don't think I am going to lose my feelings towards him anytime soon. I do want to know if he likes me, but what if he is having some kind of long distance relationship? I don't think so. He is showing some signs that he likes me... hey he called me cute. Anyway he was very open. I'm sure I could just tell him I liked him. The thought got me nervous. Well not anytime soon.
I then checked my phone and saw there was a message from Mary:
"heeeeyyy! :D just wondering when u r gunna upload that pic of the new guy."
Oh my god I completely forgot. Okay honestly none of my friends are patient. Maybe I should just get a picture of him today. I started to build my confidence up about this. C'mon Alice, I don't think it will be that much of a challenge.
I replied back to Mary: "today"
Okay no backing down Alice. You are gunna get that picture.

"Okay I can do this." I started saying to myself, "He will let you take a picture of him."
I then started my Brendon scavenger hunt. At first I started in the kitchen and low and behold there he was! He looked like he was trying to find something in the pantry. Okay when he gets out take a quick picture, then pretend you are texting. Perfect plan.
He then backs out of the pantry. Quickly, I pretend I'm texting. Okay totally uncalled for.
"Are there any chips in here?" He asks.
I turn off my phone and put it in my pocket, "Yeah there is. We only have Sun Chips if that's cool." I say as I go into the pantry and bring out a new bag.
"Awesome, thanks." I give him the bag as he takes it.
Strike one.
I went upstairs to wait for an hour. I didn't want to seem like a stalker or something and I didn't want him to question why I was following him around.
As soon as I got back down he was just chilling in front of the T.V. Okay maybe I could get him this time.
I sat next to him, but not too close.
"Hey Alice. Came to watch T.V. with me?" He said.
I was caught off guard, "Uh yeah. I really have nothing better to do."
"Sounds like a compliment." He says, smiling at me.
I couldn't help but smile back. Why the hell was he so cute, nice, funny, and sweet all at the same time? Reason #110 why I like him.
Oh yeah. Picture. Okay. I took out my phone, slowly yet casually, and just pretended to text for a while. At the back of my mind I wasn't sure when to just take the damn picture. I was extremely nervous, though, because I really didn't want him to notice.
It had been almost a half an hour and all I was doing was screwing around with my phone. Alice, c'mon, take the picture. He doesn't even care about your existence at the moment. I then put it on camera mode and set it next to my leg at an angle up to his face. I really wanted a good picture of him, but whatever. If my friends didn't think he was cute, it was their loss.
"Well." He said setting the remote down and getting up. I quickly turned off my phone. Damn it. Why am I so slow?
"Gunna go take a nap." He looked back at me, "The remote's right there if you want to watch something." He shrugged with a small laugh. Honestly, though, it seems like he has a crush on me... but anyway... strike two.
I just sat there on the couch, feeling absolutely defeated. How was I going to get that picture?
It was before dinner and all throughout that time I just had an inner battle with my mind on weather to take the picture of him now or just give it a rest for a few days. Then my mind made the decision: one more try.
I tried to build up my confidence as I went on the Brendon scavenger hunt again. I then saw him in the backyard on the bench closest to the house. I stopped myself. Alice, you need to plan this. You can't just try to sneak a picture. Then the idea came to me. Lie.
I walked outside casually pretending to get some pictures of the garden, using a legit digital camera, I might add. After at least a few minutes I went over to Brendon.
I said, "Hey, not meaning to bother you or anything, but can I take a picture of you, Brendon? It's for this thing for the local news paper about the house, like a commercial telling people to come and stay here. One of the topics is: People Enjoying Their Stay, so I was wondering if you could help my out with that."
"Oh yeah sure! So should I just act like I am totally preoccupied with something or..."
"How about you just flash a smile to the camera!" I say.
"Oh, alright." He said. I then got my camera ready.
"Smile." I say. Brendon's cute watermelon smile is flashed towards me as I take the picture.
Yes.
"Thanks so much." I say.
"You are totally welcome." He says, he gives me another sweet smile.
I then run upstairs and start sending it to all my friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Idk if the whole picture part sounds like a sub chapter, but whatev. Huh... what do you think about Brendon's actions towards Alice? Do you think he likes her? Answer will be revealed in the next couple of chapters!!! :)