Status: Working on the next chapter. Just need to find time to write down all of my ideas. Thanks!

Love at First Fright

Mikey?

*Rayna's P.O.V**

About 2 months had passed since Joey has left but it seemed more like 2 years/ Eric was always asking where he was. It broke my heart every time he asked me, Chris or even Mikey.
One day when I was in the studio looking for Mokie Eric walked in and went straight to the kit. As he sat at the kit he just stared at it.

"Eric, what's wrong?"
"Daddee. I miss Daddee."

I walked over to him and ruffled his thick brown hair trying my best to comfort him.
"We'll call Daddy."
"Now?"

He jumped off the seat and grabbed my hand before running out of the room directly to the office. He may be turning only 3 in a few months but he already knew what was going on. I stumbled past Chris and Mikey who were spaced out watching some murder show eating, or should I say spilling, bowls of popcorn.

Eric hopped onto the computer chair and waited patiently. I turned on the monitor and told him to wait and having to choke back a few tears looking at the picture Steph had taken of us at Eric's first birthday party. Joey was on one side of Eric while I was on the other. Eric was staring hungrily at his birthday cake while we smiled at the camera. We looked like the perfect family.

I walked out of the room, pulled out my cell and called Joey. It surprised me when after only the second ring he answered. Usually it took him until the very last moment to get his phone out of his jeans.
"Rayna?"

"Of course. How is my rock star?"

"Good, bored out of my mind. I miss you guys sooo much."

"I miss you too. Are you free? Like in your bunk?"

"Yeah. Why? Your not gonna tell me your pregnant again are you?"

"No...Eric wants to talk to you on the computer."

"Oh thank God. Let me log in."

I went back into the office and set Eric on my lap so I could log in. I fixed the web cam so you could see his smiling face and told him to get ready. As he fixed his mop of hair he squealed when the icon for Joey popped up saying he was online.

"Daddddeeee!!!"
I clicked on Joey's profile and smiled when his screen came up.

"Hey Snare. How's my little man?"

"I's good. Mommee is hewe."
I laughed when Eric turned around and pointed at me.

"I know I see her pretty face."
"Yeah Mommee pwetty."

We all talked for awhile until Wednesday poked his head into Joey's bunk.
"Wed....Wed....Day!!"

We all laughed when Eric couldn't say Wednesday's name the entire way together.
"Hey buddy."

"Hi!!"
"You being good?"
"No...Cwis is hewe!"

"I know. Sorry bud got to go."
Eric waved as Wednesday left. We talked for a little while longer until Eric began to squirm crazily on my lap before he jumped off and bolted tot he door.
"Bye Daddee. Got to potty!"

He jumped to open the door and ran out as he unbuckled his pants leaving me to talk to Joey alone.
"He's going tot he potty by himself?"

"Yeah.Chris helped me show him the big boy potty. He said he wanted to potty like his daddy."
"Man, I hate missing that stuff. You look so beautiful. I miss you guys so much."

I kissed my hand and held it up as he did the same.
"I miss you too."
"4 more months babe."
Feels like an eternity"

"I know. Shit I gotta go; I didn’t realize what time it was. We got to get inside to get ready and do sound check."

"Oh...Well have an awesome show like always. Be careful you’re not Chris so no jumping off the stage and remember I love you."

"I love you more. Give Eric a hug for me."
I wiped a tear away as I saw him log off and the screen go black. I held my head in my hands as I tried to stop crying before someone came in especially Eric. I wiped my eyes and left the office quickly walking past Chris who was throwing Eric in the air.
I went upstairs past Wednesday's room to my empty room. I sat on the edge of my bed thinking about how I was going to get through the next 4 months without him.

(FF 4 months)

The next few months went by faster than I could have ever thought. With our nightly phone calls and weekly computer chats with Eric it seemed easier and doable for future tours where we couldn't go.
We finally only had 3 days until Joey and Wednesday would be coming home. I was in the office printing out some paperwork Brennon had e-mailed me when I heard the door shut. I ignored it thinking it was Eric messing around or Roadie had bumped it. I jumped a little when I felt someone's hands wrap around my waist and pull me into their chest making me drop the papers.

I tensed when I felt their warm breath on my neck before kissing it in "the spot". Only one person besides Joey knew about that. I turned around to see Mikey with a smirk across his face.

"What are you doing?"

"Don't question it Ray. Just go with it."
I tried my best to push him away but he gripped my shoulders tightly before crashing his lips into mine. I pulled away as fast as I could but his eyes said he wanted more.

"Mikey stop! I'm married"

"Rayna, I still love you. I need this. You need this. Come on you've been alone for 6 months don't wanna get rusty before Joey gets home do ya?"

Before he could kiss me again I slapped him across the face and ran out looking for Chris. I found him sitting in the living room watching one of the Saw movies. I ran to him and immedialty buried my head into his neck and cried.

As he tried to calm me down I heard Mikey's heavy foot steps as he came into the room asking if i was ok. I jerked my head up from Chris's chest and glared at Mikey.
"Am I ok? No I'm not fucking ok! You kissed me! Why the fuck would you do that?"
Chris stared at Mikey in shock.

"You kissed her? She's married! Her son...my godson... is upstairs sleeping! What the fuck Mikey?"

"I know I just couldn't help it. Being around you so much I just wasn’t thinking. I wanted one last kiss I guess."

"Mikey we broke up years ago. I will always love you but as a friend. I love Joey and my son."
Mikey sat down and stared at the ground.

"When Joey gets back you need to tell him.
"I know. I'm the one that was stupid. Plus, I need to talk to him about something. Rayna, I'm sorry you know that. I'm an idiot."

Mikey got up and walked towards the staircase. I laid my head back on Chris's chest as he assured me it was over.

I closed my eyes thinking about how much Mikey's kiss had literally disgusted me. The idea of me kissing another man made me feel ill. Only because it also brought about the idea of Joey kissing another girl.