Status: Working on the next chapter. Just need to find time to write down all of my ideas. Thanks!

Love at First Fright

Gifts and secrets

**Joey's P.O.V**

I couldn't wait to be back home holding Rayna and Eric in my arms. As we drove to Des Moines from the airport I laughed as Wednesday showed me pictures from the tour.
"Dude, Jack is such a dumb ass. Look."

He showed me the picture of Jack on the van in Chicago. He flipped through the rest of the pictures until stopping at one making him gasp.

"What?"
"See for yourself."

He handed me the picture Roman had taken last night. I quickly folded it and threw it in my backpack ignoring Wednesday's stares. When we pulled into the driveway I smiled as Eric came running out. I grabbed my bag and got out of the car as Eric wrapped himself around my leg.

"Daddee I missed you!"
"I missed you too Snare."
I picked him up on my shoulders and went into the house, yelling when Rayna jumped from the third stair landing in front of us.

"Joey!!"
She grabbed me n a tight hug before I even had the chance to set Eric down.
"I missed you so much. How was the tour?"

"I missed you too. It was awesome. The Ghoul Scouts were pumped to see us. Roman and Wednesday got wasted the other night."

"Shut up you."
I turned around to see Wednesday walking in lugging our suitcases, his back pack and two small boxes. Rayna relieved him of the suitcases and hugged him as he lifted her up.

"Rockin Ray! How was it being away from us?"
"Pretty boring. Chris was cool. Mikey was...here."

"Oh yeah. Where are they?"

"Chris is upstairs. Mikey is out in the backyard with Roadie."

"Cool."
Wednesday grabbed Eric and heaved him over his shoulders as he went up the stairs with his backpack in his free hand.

"He got big."
"I know. 2 days and he'll be 3."

"Can you believe we've been together this long?"
"I can't believe I've put up with you for so long."

We both laughed as I pulled her close before kissing her deeply. I could feel her smiling from beneath my lips as she wrapped her arms around my neck.
"Joey! Your back!"

I pulled away and saw Mikey walking in with a baseball in his hand and Roadie walking next to him. Rayna put her arms down and glared at Mikey before going upstairs followed closely by Roadie.

"You guys have a fight?"
"You could say that? Can we talk?"

"Sure thing."
I went into the office sitting in the chair as Mikey sat on the couch. I propped my feet on the desk as he stared blankly as the floor.

"Speak. Why'd you fight with Rayna?"
"I did something...bad."
"What? It's not like you kissed."

I started laughing but quickly stopped when he didn't laugh.
"You kissed her!"

I nearly fell back in the chair as I jerked my feet off the desk.

"Yes. I don’t know why I did. I guess seeing her alone for so long made me kind of want her again."

"Want her?!?! Want her! She's my wife! The mother of my son!"
I covered my face with my hands knowing i couldn't stomach looking at him.

"Joey, she didn't kiss me back. Hell, she slapped me across my face."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better about you trying to tempt her?"

"Joey, I'm sorry I really am. I don't know what I was thinking."

"Nothing. You weren't thinking anything. If you were you wouldn't have tried it in the first place."

"I know. I'm an idiot."
"You got that right."

I looked up to see Mikey staring at me with tears running down his face.
"Look I understand if you want me to leave."

"I didn't say that. It's just damnitt Mikey. I know you try and succeed at getting tons of girls. You’re a good looking guy that is a really talented guitarist. You just can't ruin a family I've worked so hard for."

"I'm sorry."
"Stop apologizing. Just know that if you try anything like that again. I'll fucking slit your throat."
He let out a small chuckle before sniffing back his tears and leaving the room without another word.

I rubbed my eyes and nudged the computer mouse making the screen show the picture of Rayna, Eric, and me. It scared me thinking how much I would lose if she left. I know deep down I had been soft on him but I guess the thing that made me go soft was the fact he said Rayna had slapped him. I jumped a little when I saw Mokie jump on the desk and meow at me.

"Hey Smokey Mokie. Let's go se what Rayna and Eric are up to."
He let out a soft meow as I picked him up and took him upstairs to my room where Rayna was with Eric and Roadie.

"Daddee catch me!"
Eric took a running start on the bed before jumping off making me drop Mokie so I could barely catch him.

"Eric, what have i told you about that?"
"Don't do it."

"He's fine Ray. He's just gotten heavy."
I tossed him back on the bed as Roadie jumped on it also attacking Eric in slobbery dog kisses.

"That is so gross."
"Yeah well Roadie's kisses aren't the worse in the house. Mikey told you?"

"Yeah. I just can't believe him. He could have any girl he wants and he goes for my wife?"
"It was horrible. I still get chills thinking of what else he would do if I hadn't smacked him."
I grabbed her hand in mine and kissed it.

"I would have come back here, learned about it and killed the fucker."
"Joey! I don't care how much you guys cuss. Eric will not be talking like that before he's even 3."

"Sorry babe."
I hugged her tightly laughing as Eric jumped off the bed landing this time on my back holding on tightly around my neck. As I tried to battle his grip I heard Wednesday came in and put something on the bed.

"One for Rayna and the other is Eric's."
"For me?"

Eric dropped from my neck and grabbed the box Wednesday was handing him. Despite the fact he had just jumped off the bed twice and once from my neck he was still full of it.
He ripped open the box and squealed when he picked up the silver chain with 3 dog tags.

The first tag: Eric Nathaniel Jordison
Origin: Des Moines, Iowa.

Second tag: Joey Jordison (father)
Origin: Waukee, Iowa (Des Moines, Iowa)

Third Tag: Rayna Jordison (mother)
Origin: Hollywood, California (Las Vegas, Nevada)

"Mommeee Look it!"
Eric handed the dog tags to his mom. She laughed seeing that I had added where she grew up and eventually met the Taking Dawn guys.

"It's beautiful. Eric come here let me put it on you."
Eric turned around and waited for her to put it on him. As soon as it was clasped shut I handed Rayna her box.

Joey, I don’t deserve anything."
"No, you deserve the best."

I opened the box and showed her the ruby and silver heart locket engraved with the words, "You + Me= 1."
A nice little take on my SlipKnoT number.

"Oh my god Joey. It's beautiful. It's wow. It matches my engagement ring."
"I know."

I gently took the locket out and clasped it around her neck. It laid perfectly against her pale skin. The red was a deep sultry shade. She gently touched the heart and smiled at me. I pulled her close into a hug as Eric hugged around our legs.
I never really knew what it was like coming home to a family. My life was perfect yet I still had some skeletons in my closet that needed to come out and quick.

No matter how pissed I got towards Mikey I knew I had to tell Rayna everything about my trip before she earned the right to call me a hypocrite.