Status: Completed.

Who Knew? Not Us.

Karma.

Sunday’s were horrible. Always have been. For one, Monday was next. Two? We had morning practice at the Consol Center. Groaning, I sat up and wiped my tired, red eyes. I sighed and ran a hand through my mess of brown hair. I looked around myself and noticed the scattered bodies sleeping. My thoughts ran back to last night’s adventures. My cheeks heated up. I shook the feeling away and looked back at my friends. Kris was curled up in a ball against the couch, covered in blankets. Jordan was sprawled out in the middle of the room snoring slightly. I giggled at the sight. I then saw Taylor and Sidney cuddling together. How cute! I always thought they’d get together soon. But lately, who knows? I checked the time on the clock above the television. Six-thirty in the morning. Blah, I thought. Too early. We have over an hour to sleep until practice.
I laid back down to get some more sleep, but I landed on a person. I looked down and nearly screamed when I saw Max. I covered my mouth to prevent the girlish squeal. I steadied my heart from its over-drived heart attack. I looked back down at him. His lazy Mohawk was no longer there. Just messy hair sticking everywhere. I giggled at it. And I thought my hair was bad. His took first place. I reached his hair and ran my hand through it. It was surprisingly soft, considering all the gel it took to style it. I tried to tame some pieces of crazed hair, but failed. There was no hope. Max then stirred from his sleep and lazily looked at me.
“ Hey,” I whispered to him. He nodded in reply, still too tired to talk. My hand slid from his hair to his cheek. His eyes closed and smiled. I smiled back at him. He was too cute in the morning. I laid on my elbow to relax, considering I probably wont go back to sleep. His hands wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer. Shocked, I let him do so. He rested his head in the crook of my neck. I felt my skin heat up. My cheeks turning red at the contact. He tightened his grip on my waist and squeezed me. I let my breath come out and he loosened me. I placed my hands on his chest.
“ Good morning, beautiful,” he said. His voice was scratchy and deep. I blushed and turned tomato red at the saying. Luckily for me, he couldn’t see that. He released me and sat up, rubbing his eyes. I was now suddenly cold. And I found myself wanting back in his arms. I shook that last thought out of my mind. He got up on his feet and stretched. I saw the muscles pop out in some places. He wasn’t all muscle- which I appreciated a lot. Just muscled in places needed for hockey. I smiled, I loved hockey. I remembered my dad saying that I’d cry when Mario Lemieux didn’t score. Or that I’d try to attempt to pronounce his name, but fail miserably and pronounce it “Meemoo”. I returned my focus on Max, who was still stretching at the moment.
“ Aren’t you getting up? It’s seven already.” I looked at the clock again, and it was indeed seven. I pouted and looked back at Max.
“ I’m too lazy. I don’t want to get up,” I whined. He shook his head at me and reached down to grab my hand. I placed my hand in his, and he pulled me up. I lost my footing and wrapped my arms around his neck to prevent from falling. He started to quietly laugh at my expression to falling. I pouted at him and bit my bottom lip. Yes, it was a habit. He stopped laughing and he stared at me. His arms were around me again, not that I was protesting. I was cold in shorts and a tank top. His eyes boring into mine, like he was searching for something. I did the same. Staring at each other happened a lot. Whether it was a staring contest or to a No Blinking contest. But not just some random staring at each other.
What we didn’t know was what was happening around us. A flash of light broke our stare and we blinked hard to get rid of the colors that were stuck in our eyes. I groaned at the cause of this. I looked around at saw Sidney, Kris, Jordan and Taylor with a camera in her hands. My eyes popped out and went to grab the camera to delete the picture. Jordan grabbed my arms and held them back while Taylor showed me the picture.
“ What were you guys going to do?” she asked me. I went to say something but was cut off by Sidney.
“ It looks like you guys were going to kiss! I mean, look how close you guys are!” he exclaimed at me. I looked back down at the camera. We were indeed pretty close. No paper could come between. And what I didn’t realize was that our foreheads where touching. Kris and Jordan whistled at us. My face heated up along with Max’s. Max was leaning up against the kitchen counters. His eyes were diverted to the floor.
“ Well,” I started looking at Sidney and Taylor, “ It looks like you guys were pretty comfy last night.” Their faces grew red and they looked at each other. Score! I thought. I got them! A triumphant smirk grew on my face.
“Come on, we should get ready for practice.” Came a grumbled response from Sidney.

We got dressed, ate breakfast, and took off to the rink. We walked in and separated to get ready. I was walking down the hall when Pascal ran up to me.
“ So… how was your night?” he asked. Confused, I stared at him. I then asked,
“ What do you mean?” I asked back. He pulled his phone out, and searched for a second. He then lifted his phone to show me a picture. It was a picture of me and max sleeping. My face grew hot, and I mumbled to myself.
“ Nothing happened, moron,” I said to Pascal. He just laughed and walked away saying, “I’m sure, I’m sure.”. I angrily stomped away to the locker room only to be stopped by Taylor. She was smirking and said,
“ Well… It looks like you guys were pretty comfy last night.” She was mocking me. I shook my head and walked in the locker room angry. I looked up at the ceiling and said,
“ Karma likes me too much.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to thank all my readers and comments! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :) Sorry I haven't posted a day earlier, but this is up now! Thanks again!