Status: Completed.

Who Knew? Not Us.

Scream.

I guess you could say practice was okay. I mean cat calls, whistles, and stares are good right? No. Not really. I was in the locker room changing out of my gear with Max and Marc-Andre on each side of me. They were talking in French. Which made me angry because I couldn’t understand a word they said. I groaned and angrily exhaled. Marc-Andre looked at me and slightly smirked, knowing I was getting angry at them for speaking in a different language.
“ Stop staring Frenchy. Its rude.” I snapped at him. A chorus of “ooohs” came from around me from the players. Cooke being the loudest.
“ Oh, I’m sorry. So your able to stare at Max like that?” he oh-so innocently asked. Not buying innocence. The players “Ooohs” being louder than before. I snapped. He pushed the limit. I stood up. Still in my hockey shorts, knee/shin guards, and skates, and faced him. I pointed my finger at him and said,
“ I will get revenge.” I stared at him right in the eye to make my vengeance more clear. He gulped and shrunk back into his stall to finish taking his gear off. The players quieted down, which I was thankful for. I got out of the rest of gear that was on me, and replaced everything with a pair of basketball shorts and a loose t-shirt. I packed up all the gear into my bag, and strapped the stick onto the side. I lugged it onto my shoulder and walked to the door. I said my goodbyes, and pushed the door open. I walked down the halls in the rink and walked out the doors to the parking lot. I got to my car and unlocked it. I put my bag into the trunk and shut the trunk door. I got up to the drivers side and got inside. Started it up, and took off to my house. Once I got there I grabbed my bag out of the trunk, shut all doors, and went inside the house. I dropped my bag in the hallway and laid down on the couch. Time for a nap, I thought.

I’m not really sure what time it was until I was abruptly woken up by pounding on my door. I groaned and got up, stretching my back and arms from the position I fell asleep on the couch. I walked to the door and looked out the peep hole. Confused, I saw Max. I opened the door and looked at him strangely.
“ What the heck are you doing, at my house at,” I started off. I looked at my watch and noticed it was ten at night. “ Ten at night?” I finish. Max looked at me sheepishly and said,
“ I have nothing to do.” I thought for a while. It seems like he has nothing to do anymore, except bother me. With a sigh, I opened the door wider to let him in. He waltz in, hung his jacket on the rack and started for the living room. I rolled my eyes at how comfortable he makes himself in my house. I walked to the living room to see him holding the remote, flipping wildly through the channels. Not that I cared, I did the same thing.
“ Max, really though. Why are you here?” I asked again. Hoping to get a decent answer.
“ What? I can’t spend time with my buddy?” he asked me. Really Max, really? I groaned at his childish behavior. He acts like he’s five! But then again, like I have room to talk. I walked over and jumped on the couch next to him. His wild channel flipping stopped, and landed upon a movie channel. I’m not really sure what it was. I looked at Max and asked,
“ What are we watching?”
“Scream.” he replied bluntly. My eyes got huge and my mind raced. No, no, no, no, no! I was deathly afraid of the movie. I got up and made an excuse to leave. My reason- I needed to pee. I ran up the stairs and into the bathroom. Nice excuse, huh? I put the toilet lid down and sat on it. There was no way I was going back out to watch the scary movie, NO way.
Three minutes went by and my cell phone buzzed. I jumped at the noise, scaring me a bit. I pulled it out and saw it was from Max. I opened the text and read it,
Did you fall in the toilet? Was what he said. I scoffed, and replied,
No, jerk.
I waited for the reply. It seemed forever until just a couple seconds.
Well what’s taking forever? I came to hang with my buddy :D
Of course. I texted back asking if the movie was over.
No, why do you ask?
He didn’t need to know I was afraid of the movie. He would never let that down. NEVER.

No reason. I replied.

You’re afraid, huh? Crap. My life is over.

No, Maybe…I texted back to him.

I WILL PROTECT YOU! SO GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE AND WATCH THIS WITH ME!! NOW!

A change of heart, Max? Different. But at the same time, my heart beat just a bit faster. Its reason is unknown. Probably having to watch the scary movie. I opened the door, and walked down the stairs slowly, hoping that the movie ended before I got down. I reached the bottom and realized that it was still playing. My luck is never any good. I groaned and sat next to Max. Petrified, I lifted my knees up and wrapped my arms around my legs and rested my head on top. My eyes darted anywhere but the television screen. Arms snaked around my shoulders and I screamed.
“ Hey, hey, hey! Calm down, its just me!” Max exclaimed. I jumped up and started to walk around the couch. Why? I have no idea. My heart was racing, and I was breathing panicky. Max sighed and stopped me. He wrapped his arms around me and pushed my head against his chest. I felt myself calm, as I listened to his heart beat. Something about him made me relax. Made me calm. Made me feel protected, as he said.
“ It’s okay, shh…” he whispered in my ear. I nodded. It was definitely going to be okay with me in his arms. As soon as I thought that, my heart leapt in my chest.
“ Thank you,” I mumbled into his chest. I looked up at him, “ Your amazing.” I continued. He smiled the smile, I loved.
“ Your pretty amazing also.” he replied. He kissed my forehead and sat us down on the couch. He grabbed the remote and turned the T.V. off. I rested my head, and slowly fell asleep.

“Love you…” is all I heard last.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay.. So, so, so, sorry if you get confused. There is a texting part in the chapter, and I still don't know how to get that to look right. Sorry, if it makes it worse. I type this stuff up on Microsoft Works :/ But thanks to all my readers, and that one subscriber :)