Computer Lovers

Recovery

Alba’s P.O.V.

Weeks after being home for the hospital, I tried to get my life back in order. Ashleigh was now home doing better than I was. I had a broken foot and stitches up my side. I had this stupid boot on my foot that I have to use. Derik is staying in town until he knows that I am better. He stays in our extra bed room. I walk up the stairs dragging my foot behind me. Derik met me at the top of the stairs and he took my hand and helped me most of the way. I loved this man with all my being. When we finally reached the kitchen I sat down in a chair and huffed and puffed.

"Derik, this is stupid! I hate this stupid thing!" I complained. He smiled and kissed my forehead. Then he went to make me breakfast. We ate breakfast then he drove me to the doctors. I kissed his lips quickly as I hoped out of the car. I walked limbed to the door. I waved good bye to him then I went through the heavy door. I sat in the waiting room and texted Ashleigh.

~Hey, haven't seen you in forever! We should hang out! ~ I locked my cell phone then I leaned back in the chair. My phone then vibrated.

*I'm busy, sorry!* she quickly texted back quickly. My brow furrowed and then locked my phone and I stood up and asked when I will be seeing the doctor. The rude lady popped her gum and told me to have a seat, that I would be seeing her shortly. I glared at her and spun and trudged back to my seat, which was now occupied by some fat lady and her three sick kids. I stood next to the door and played with the ends on my hair twisting them between my index finger and thumb.

"Ms. Messa?" the doctor called. I pushed off the wall and limped into the open door. In the doctor’s office they removed my stitches leaving a small scar. I called Derik and told him to come get me. I walked and waited outside. Derik showed up and helped me into the car. I kissed his hairy cheek then I snuggled his arm.

"Where do you want to go to eat Alba?" he questioned. I pondered for a moment then I said TGI Friday's. We drove in the car singing together laughing telling jokes, until we reached the restaurant. He parked and helped me out of the car. I took his hand and leaned on him as if he was my crutch. When we got into the restaurant I heard a familiar voice, Ashleigh, laughing loudly and gossiping about someone. Me? Not even. As quickly as I could I walked over to her table.

"I thought you were busy? This is how you’re going to treat me? After everything I have done. I stayed by your side when you were in the hospital, not any of these people. Oh and didn’t you tell me you hated her?" I called her out pointing to Allison. Ashleigh's jaw dropped and he face burned with embarrassment. She stepped forward, her teeth gritting as hot tears burned down her face.

"Well maybe we would be hanging out if Derik wasn't what your life revolved around. I mean come on. We just turned 16 and you’re engaged to be married. Here's my question. When's the baby due?" she spewed. I lunged forward to rip her eyes out when I felt Derik's strong arms around me. Tears blurred my vision and I kicked and screamed.

"Put me down!" I bellowed as I pushed him back. I did my best to walk away but I came back.

"Friends until the end obviously doesn't mean anything to you huh? So I guess it doesn’t mean shit to me either." I spoke as I took my best friend ring off my finger and threw it in her face, and then I finally walked away. Derik followed me, and surprisingly so did Ashleigh.

"Torrance! Are you kidding me? We've been best friends for eight years!" she huffed as she stopped in front of me.

"Yeah and I never lied to you! I never gossiped about you! I've done pretty much everything for you!" I shouted as I pushed her to the side. Derik stayed by my side the entire time. As she glared at me, as she said she hated me and even as she walked away from me, from our friendship. I got in the car and I leaned over my lap crying. Was this part of my recovery? I may never know.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am really sorry it took me so long to post this chapter!

What do you guys think?

Who do you believe is wrong? Ashleigh or Alba?

Comments? Suggestions?

Please Subscribe!