Computer Lovers

The Journey

Ashleigh's P.O.V

I woke up that morning to my alarm going off. The noise takes forever and a day to wake me up. Alba never wakes up on time, so I texted her to wake her up (I more or less hounded her until she replied back to my text message). Our flight takes off at 9:30 in the morning, it was now 4:45. I didn't waste any time getting ready. I went into my bathroom and I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I stripped right out of my pajamas and under clothes to take a refreshing shower. Once the shower was over I dried off and ran to my dresser. I put on my favorite booty underwear and my push up bra and slid socks on my feet. I put on my white shorts with my red shirt. I bent down and picked out my red converse then I slid them on over my socks. I dragged my suit case down the stairs, I made sure the tickets were in my purse then I sent Alba a text message.

*on ma wayy gurllieee*

~okay I'll be outside waiting for ya!~ I closed up my phone then I called a taxi that would bring me to Alba's house.

Alba's P.O.V

I went to my closet and put on a long black and gray skirt that covered up my gray sandals that I was wearing. Then I pulled on my gray tank top then I pulled my curly hair into a sloppy bun. I led Janna out of my room while I dragged my suit case behind me.

"Dad! I'm leaving! See you in a week" I screamed from the down stairs hallway. I trudged my body outside to find the taxi waiting for me. I checked the clock on my phone and it read 7:49. I raced over and put my bag in the trunk then I climbed in with Ashleigh and I hugged her.
"To the airport please" I said as I paid the driver. "Keep the change as your tip." Ashleigh looked at me and smiled.
"You nervous kiddo?" she asked as she rubbed my shoulder. I shook my head.
"Not about the plane ride. Maybe meeting him face to face actually." I whispered to her. She nodded in agreement. It seemed like forever to get to the airport. Once we were there it was nine o'clock. We thanked the taxi man and then we grabbed our bags and scurried into the airport. We checked in our luggage, then we made our way back to the bag check out and then we went throw the metal detectors. Finally when we made it to our gate our plane was being boarded.
"I'm nervous! I've never been on a plane before!" Ashleigh said as we loaded the luggage into the compartment above our seats. We sat down and I quickly sent Derik a text message (who was still unaware that we were coming to visit him). I turned off my phone and put it in my purse. I held out my hand and looked at Ashleigh. She grabbed it and smiled.
"We're making this journey together." I whispered as I looked out the window.

Derik's P.O.V

I rolled over that morning to find a text message from Alba.

~hey you! I know you're still sleeping and that's ok because I have a surprise for you later on today! I love you, bye:*~ I smiled at her beautiful text message and then I dozed off.

Alba's P.O.V

We finally arrived at Portland International Jet Port we unloaded the plane and we rolled our suit cases close behind us (me and Ashleigh were still holding hands...god only knows why). Ashleigh stopped me and looked at me. Her face was as pale as a ghost.
"Ok, that flight was way too long!" she said as she twisted the ends of her hair. I smiled and dialed the number for a taxi. The taxi driver drove us to 'Motel 6' and we placed our stuff in our room. Once we were settled I texted Derik.

~Hey you're surprise is almost ready!~ we ran back down the hall to get back in the cab and our next destination was for Derik's house.

Derik's P.O.V

Alba always kept me on my toes so the surprise was killing me. I went into the bathroom and began to shave my face. 'I wonder what she is planning. Shit where's my lighter?' I thought to myself.

Alba's P.O.V

The taxi cab dropped us off at the beginning of his drive way. Ashleigh and I scooted out of the cab after I paid him then I became nervous. She took my hand and we walked side by side up to his door. I paused and I started to breathe shallowly.
"C'mon Alba. We're making this journey together." she said. I nodded and I knocked on the door. Derik answered the door and his face dropped. He turned as pale as a ghost and he didn't look happy to see me standing in his door way.
"Torrance! Ashleigh! What are you guys doing here?!" he howled.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you like the story then great, subscribe me. If not then there isn't much i can do about that. So comments on this chapter? Any suggestions on what Derik should do, and his mother makes an appearance in the next chapter.