Computer Lovers

Riley

Alba's P.O.V

I walked into my food and nutrition's class early one day. It was the beginning of second semester in our high school. I strolled over to my teacher Mrs. Moris.
"So, uh...where should I sit?" I asked her. She looked up from her paper work and smiled.
"Anywhere you want, because that will be your seat until the end of the school year." she stated as she looked over the seats. I smiled and back up into...him. He was taller than me and his body was lean and perfect. I blushed and quickly apologized. He smirked at me as he walked to the opposite side of the class room. His name was Riley and he has been in almost all of my classes. I never paid him any attention because well he never caught my eyes until now. I quickly sent Derik a text message to tell him how much I love him and then I sat in my seat. Then all of my friends began to file in, one after another after another. Chelsea sat in front of me, Ashleigh behind me, Liana on my right side and Chloe on my left. We all chatted until the bell rung. During our class time we got to know each other. We stood up and said something we did well all my friends went and then they egged me on. I stood up and I did the princess wave to my class mates and I smiled, my glance got stuck on Riley. He seemed to be memorized by me. I gulped and looked up.
"I like to sing and dance, but what I am good at is being a great cook!" I squeaked excitedly as I sat down in my chair. My teacher smiled as she moved onto another student. My friends and I giggled and we just sat there in complete silence until the class ended.

Once class was over I gathered my books and I said bye to my friends and I walked out of the room. I heard someone calling my name as they chased after me.
"Torrance! Torrance!" I whipped around to see Riley. My heart began to beat faster and faster and my hands began to shake. He smiled at me.
"Walk with me to gym." we walked and we talked and I couldn't help but to feel this excitement while around him. Once in class I wrapped my arms around his neck and we embraced each other. Then as I went to pull my head back our eyes met and our mouths moved closer. His breath smelled like peppermint gum. Finally I caught myself.
"I have a boyfriend!" I stated as my arms dropped to my side. He looked shocked and almost heartbroken. I quickly moved out of the way and went to the locker room.

The day finally ended. I sprinted to my bus and I held my breath the whole way home. I ran inside and down into my room. I jumped on my bed and called Derik. He answered on the first ring.
"Hey boo." he said cheerfully. My eyes watered and my heart sank, because here I was on the phone with my one true love but I felt so confused.
"I almost kissed someone today. But I told him I had you and only you." i whispered as i clenched the phone in my hand.
"What?! How could you? You know what, fuck this and fuck you Alba!" he hissed as he hung up. I sat there with my breath caught in my throat and as tears rolled down my cheeks I knew I had deserved it. We didn't talk for a day. I regretted everything between Riley and me but I couldn't help it. For some reason I felt drawn to him and I couldn't hide it. When we walked down the halls, when he took me to lunch. It's like Derik had disappeared in my mind and I lost sight of what I wanted. I gave Riley more time than I had Derik. Derik and I had argued more and more about little things. We couldn't agree on anything except for one thing. I had changed (I didn't admit it at the time, but I had). I grew frustrated with him and the whole situation that I told him we needed a break. We didn't speak for two weeks. Within those weeks my feelings grew more and more for Riley. Until his true colors started to show. He would start off with comments that would hurt me to the point of tears. He would shove me and scream in my face, he even hit me once giving me a black eye. I had become a puppet for him to use whenever he pleased. He played me and he used me. While we were supposed to be on dates together he would stand me up for another girl and he claimed that he didn’t know me. I soon realized where my heart belonged. It was with Derik my one and only true love. One Saturday morning I decided that I would call him (surprisingly he was up). He answered on the first ring and it made me feel warm inside.
"Derik, I wanted to apologize for all the shit I put you through and i-i know you could ne-never for-forgive me for what I have done! But I love you, I want us to actually have a chance" I spoke through my broken sobs. I could tell by the silence he was pondering on what to say.
"Alba I have always loved you. I may not like the things you do or say, but that has not changed my feelings for you." he said as his voice began to crack. I knew he was crying. I couldn't believe he had confessed to still loving me. I was completely shocked, I ruined our relationship over some asshole that berates me and rips me apart whenever he could. I sucked in air and I looked down.
"I'm coming up there to see you again. I don’t give a damn about what anyone says!" I announced proudly. He agreed and then we hung up. I told Ashleigh and she agreed to another trip (only because she took a fancy to once his friends named Randy). It was settled I just had to tell Riley.
♠ ♠ ♠
I dedided to change the way this story was going. I decided to break this into parts. I figured it'd be better and it wouldn't make the story less appealing. So this Riley chapter will happen over a period of weeks. So i need a little time to gather my thoughts and then this will be semi-perfect. So please be patient with me, thanks:)