Status: updates at least every friday!

Keep Your Heart Wide Open.

follow her like satellites.

Gianna walked up to John, who was still dancing with the girl who had walked up to him. She smiled, knowing this girl must be something special if John hadn't moved on the whole night. She tapped John on the shoulder and he turned around, smiling at Gianna. "Oh, hi Gi. What's up?" She turned her head a pointed to Joel, before turning back to face John. "Joel and I are going to go back to the buses. I'll see you later." John smirked and nodded, turning back to the girl in front of him. Gianna walked back to Joel, lightly ramming her shoulder into his. "Ready to go?" He nodded and tucked his hands into his pockets, leading her out.

The pair walked out of the club, feeling the hot outside air hit their face immediately. For a few minutes, they walked silently. The only sounds were the occasional car that drove by and some car alarms, along with the sounds of their feet walking on the pavement. Joel decided to break the silence. "So, Gianna. Tell me about yourself." Gianna smiled and looked up at Joel.

"My full name is Gianna Elyse Summers. I'm nineteen. I moved to Arizona a year ago. I have a younger brother named Derek. I'm from New York, originally. My favorite color is purple. I love summer. I like being honest with people. I can't sing for my life. Anything else you want to know?" Joel smirked and shook his hair. "I'm sure I'll think of something eventually."

Once again silence washed over them until Gianna spoke up. "Well, how about you?" Joel toyed with his piercing, something that Gianna noted he did a lot. So much, he probably didn't even realize that he was doing it. "My full name is Joel David Kanitz. I'm twenty-two. Arizona is my home. I have two siblings. I like the color green. I always try to be straight forward with people, with everything. I'd say I can sing, but you already know that." He chuckled, before continuing on. "I've never been in love." He scratched the back of his neck, his last sentence hanging in the air.

Gianna nodded, absorbing the information. She turned away from him and whispered to the air. "Neither have I." They walked a few more blocks and were about ten minutes away from the buses. "So, what do you think of This Century?" Gianna smiled. "You guys are really good. It's refreshing actually, from the less than satisfactory music you hear a lot today." Joel smiled. Gianna could swear she saw the slightest hint of pink on his cheeks, but decided to keep it to herself.

Soon enough they were in sight of the buses. Gianna chuckled to herself and turned to Joel once again. "So. You looked like you were having fun with that uh, girl." He shook his head and took his hands out of his pockets. His green eyes shimmered in the light and Gianna met his gaze. "Yeah, not really. The club isn't really my scene." The pair laughed and Gianna nodded in agreement. "Yeah, me neither." Joel continued the conversation as they walked up to the buses.

"I mean, she was trying way too hard anyway. I like girls that don't have to try to impress me." His eyes moved to Gianna's. She looked into his eyes and nodded. "Yeah, I know what you mean." Her voice trailed off as they walked right up to The Maine's bus. Gianna leaned against the side of the bus, Joel directly in front of her. She wet her lips and took a deep breath. Joel looked down. "So. You and Garrett...or?" Gianna met Joel's eyes, mesmerized by the green. "W-who?" "Garrett." Gianna shook her head and smiled. "Oh. We're not. I mean. That's nothing." Joel nodded, thinking it over. "Oh, really?" Gianna cleared her throat as Joel inched closer, leaving about two inches between their chests. "Yeah. I mean, it was almost something once. But no. It's nothing. Really."

Joel bit his lip and looked down at Gianna. His gaze moved to her lips and you could hear their breathing. Gianna looked at Joel's own lips. She wondered what it might be like. About to find out, she cleared her throat. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and put her hands on Joel's shoulders. "Well, I better get inside. But I'll see you in the morning." He nodded, wrapping her up in a hug. "See you later." He backed away, taking one last look at Gianna before turning and walking to his own bus. Gianna took a moment to catch her breath before opening the door to the bus, walking inside.

She walked over to her bunk, lying down. She stared up at the ceiling thinking about the night.. She thought about the way it felt to dance with Garrett. She thought about the feeling in her stomach as she watched the girl dance with Joel, his eyes looking into Gianna's. She thought about the feeling of his hand on the small of her back and how she lost her train of thought as he hovered over her against the bus just minutes before. Gianna was not one to lose her focus. But that boy, he was different. She closed her eyes and reached into her bag, removing her iPod. She slipped the earbuds into her ears and pressed play, music filling her thoughts.

She didn't know how long it had been before the guys had come in and John was now standing over her, a smirk on his face. He pulled out her headset. She opened her eyes and rolled them, watching as John sat on his bunk. She sat up, leaning on her elbow as she rested her chin on her hand. "Well, you look like you had a fun night." He chuckled, scratching his head. "Well I could say the same for you. You and Joel left the club in quite a hurry." He laughed and Gianna sighed, pulling her pillow from behind her head and hurling it at the boy across from her. "Seriously. It was getting late and he walked me back to the bus. That's it." John smirked and turned away from her. "Your turn. Seemed like you were getting a little cozy with that girl." John smiled, refusing to look at her. "Yeah. She was cool." Gianna snorted, turning her body to fully face John. "Cool? That's it? Please. Your jaw was practically on the floor when she asked you to dance." Gianna watched as John blushed the slightest bit and rolled his eyes at her. "Whatever."

Gianna laughed and turned over to look at the ceiling once more, putting her arms behind her head. The two were silent as they both laid there. After what seemed like an eternity, they said goodnight and turned over. Just as Gianna shut her eyes, John spoke up. "He's a good guy, you know. Joel, I mean." Gianna bit her lip and answered him. "I know." And with that, she shut her eyes tightly, allowing her mind to wander off into a land of dreams that she never even knew existed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter! (: I really think is one of my favorite stories that I've written.
Starting to get a little bit interesting.
I'm also developing her relationship with John more, to show the brother/sister thing they have going on.

I'd love to hear guesses on where the story is going. I know it's early though.

Thanks again so much for reading. Means so much.
thank you to lovelyhope and forevernalways for comments on the last chapter!

much love<3