Status: updates at least every friday!

Keep Your Heart Wide Open.

hold it 'till we're breathless.

Joel and Gianna got up after she snuck one last glance at John and Taylor, deciding that they wouldn't miss them one bit. They walked down the steps in the theater, trying to stifle their laughter as people gave them dirty looks for walking in front of them. They stepped out from the theater and walked into the lobby of the cinema, standing still. There were people all over the place. Couples buying tickets, families waiting on line for snacks, and groups of friends chatting. Gianna bit her lip and turned back to the boy in front of her, who was currently smiling down at her. She chuckled lightly and put her hands on her hips, slightly tilting her head to the side. "So, what's next?"

Joel looked up at the ceiling and placed his hand on his chin, pretending to be deep in thought. Gianna giggled and lightly hit him on the shoulder. He smiled and shrugged lightly. "You hungry?" She nodded and followed him out of the theater as they began walking down the street. They were quiet as they walked, though it was a pleasant silence. For some reason that Gianna was unaware of, they didn't need to talk. Just being together was enough. No words were necessary. After about five minutes of walking, they ended up in front of a diner.

Joel walked up to the door and opened it, waving his arm in front of her and inviting her inside. Gianna giggled and did a curtsy before walking into the building with Joel trailing closely behind her. They were seated at a small table for two that sat next to an old, vintage-looking jukebox. Gianna's eyes roamed over the menu as Joel dug in his pocket for some change. She watched as he pulled out two quarters and dropped them into the machine, flipping through the song selection. After he had studied the collection, he hit a key and turned back to Gianna, the sounds of "I Will Follow You Into The Dark," filling the air. His eyes moved to the menu sitting in front of him.

Gianna chuckled lightly and spoke out loud. "Good choice." Joel smirked and continued to glance at the menu. They ordered and the food arrived quickly. As they ate, they made chit-chat about random tidbits, just enjoying the other's company. Soon enough the waitress came by and dropped off the check, bidding the two a good night. Joel lightly pushed Gianna's hand out of the way as she reached for the check and Gianna rolled her eyes, smiling. A pit rose in her stomach and deep down she hoped that unlike their meal at the diner, their night was not over. Joel got up and walked to the cashier, Gianna following behind him.

The pair walked slowly out of the restaurant and kept the snail-like pace down the road. Gianna took a deep breath and looked up into Joel's green eyes. "So back to the buses, or...?" Joel laughed and gave her a fake look of disbelief. "Are you serious? We're not done yet." Gianna smiled and continued to walk next to him, trying to hide her happiness. They continued to walk for about ten minutes before Gianna spoke up once more. "Where are we going?" Joel didn't look at her as he continued to walk, looking at the street around him. "You'll see." Gianna sighed and followed his lead, wondering where on earth he could be taking her.

Finally, Joel stopped walking and turned towards Gianna, a huge smile plastered onto his face. "Tada!" Gianna looked away from Joel and up at the sign that was right in front of her. She laughed and turned back to Joel. "Mini-golf?" Joel nodded his head, clearly excited. "Of course. What could be more fun?" And with that he grabbed her by the wrist, and ran inside the building. He once again paid for her, after much debate. Gianna walked over to the crate of golf balls, picking out a purple one. Joel reached in after her, pulling out a green ball.

Gianna smirked, this time pulling Joel behind her. They walked out to the small course and began to play. They laughed and talked the whole time, up until the last hole. Joel stepped up first, setting down his ball and sinking it in one shot. He turned and smirked at Gianna, who scoffed playfully. She placed her own ball on the ground and got ready. "You think you're so cool because you got a hole-in-one. Well, I can do that too." She stood with her club, her tongue sticking out, something she always did when she was concentrating. Just when she was about to putt, she heard Joel chuckle. She turned and looked at him. "What?" He shrugged his shoulders. "You're doing it all wrong." She rolled her eyes and went back to her previous position. "It's mini-golf. How hard could it be?"

Joel laughed and put his hands up in defense. "Fine. I mean, if you don't want that hole-in-one..." Gianna turned around a final time, narrowing her eyes. She smiled. To some, a simple hole-in-one in mini-golf was not so important. But to Gianna, the little things were always what mattered. She sighed and waved Joel over. "I'm listening." He came over and stood behind her, placing his hands on hers. "Now, if I help you get this hole in one, I get a prize." Gianna pondered this for a moment before nodding. "Fine." He moved her grip down and pulled the club back a little. "See, if you hold it like this..." Gianna remained silent while Joel talked to her, just letting it soak in. She felt that same electric current now that she held felt when they were sitting at the piano. She looked over her shoulder up at Joel as he spoke. "Now, just tap it." She did as she was told and watched as the ball rolled, landing directly into the cup.

She smiled and began to jump up and down like an excited child. She turned to Joel, pulling him into a tight hug. "I did it!" He laughed as he looked down at her, his hands still draped loosely on her waist. "You did." She smiled and bit her lip, looking into his brilliantly colored eyes for the millionth time that night. "So, about your prize. What do you want?" Joel smirked and looked into her eyes, biting his lip. "Well, I--" He stopped talking when all of a sudden rain started to pour down on them. They laughed and immediately began to run through the streets. Somewhere along their run to the buses, Joel had grabbed Gianna's hand so that he could pull her behind him. By the time they arrived at the buses they were out of breath and soaking wet.

Gianna ran her hands through her drenched hair and laughed out loud. Joel shook his head, trying to shake any remaining drops from his own head. They stood outside the buses, both trying to catch their breath. The only sound was their heavy breathing. Gianna cleared her throat and turned to him. "So, your prize." Joel looked up and nodded. "Oh, yeah." He smiled and moved closer to Gianna, hovering over her much like he had when he walked her home from the bar. They stared at each other and Gianna wondered what was about to happen. Joel placed his hand on the bus right above Gianna's head and continued to look at her face. She inhaled and broke the silence. "So what is it?" Joel smiled, not saying a word. He placed his other hand on her cheek, moving it to her chin. He pulled her head up the slightest bit towards him and moved his gaze to her lips.

After what seemed like an eternity, he answered her question with a simple word. "This." Before Gianna even knew what was happening, his lips were on hers. At first it was soft, as if he was just testing her. Once she began to kiss back, it became more passionate. His hands moved to her waist and hers wrapped tightly around his neck. Gianna parted her lips ever so slightly, deepening the kiss even more. Joel's hand rested on the small of her back, his touch warm on the cold surface of her skin. He finally pulled away, placing on last peck on her lips. He rested his forehead on hers and stared into her eyes, before smiling. Gianna's own grin mirrored his and her hands moved to her sides, interlocking with Joel's.

Everything about this was just so natural. Especially the way his hands felt in hers, like they were made just for her. And she liked that.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's been a bit!
I've been kind of busy.

But here it is!
And they kissed (;
I know that's what you guys have been waiting for.

So there you go. (:

Thank you to everyone who has read/commented/subscribed.
It means so much to me, really.

Special thanks to on your side; , lovelyhope , SmileKid , and forevernalways for their comments on the last chapter!

You guys are awesome and I love all of you<3