Status: Thanks for reading! Updates kind of sporadic!

I Fell Apart

Mr. Leto

I was putting off getting ready for the event till the very last minute. I didn't want to get dressed up. I didn't want to put on make up. I didn't want to leave the house. I didn't want to socialize. I didn't want to go.

And, I almost didn't. Almost.

The idea, however, of being recognized for all of my hard work outweighed the idea of staying home to wallow in self pity and bloody carpets.

So, when I finally built up the energy to get out of bed and take a shower, I only had about 30 minutes to actually get ready. But, I figured, who would care if I was a little bit late? They had only given me one day's notice after all.

After my shower I changed into the only dress-uppy dress I owned. It was a little black dress that Josh had gotten me for our anniversary in August. I fixed my make up and put my hair half up and half down. I found some high heals in the back of my closet that I hadn't worn since our anniversary in August and decided to wear those. I glanced at the clock quickly and realized that the dinner would start in five minutes. I didn't know the address, so I printed out directions.

I took a deep breath, turned out all the lights, and left.

It took me about fifteen minutes to get there. It was in my town, but still quite a bit away from my house. When I finally found myself in front of the drive way gates, I suddenly felt a wave of guilt fall over me. I was sort of a jerk for being late. The gates were wide open, ready for the expected guests, so I drove on down the long drive way, up to the giant, well-lit mansion. I whistled impressed. It was a beautiful house.

But, one thing I noticed right away was that there were no other cars in front of the house. I frowned and looked around as I turned off my car and stepped out into the cool night air. I looked at the address that I had written down on the directions, and looked up at the house. It was the right number, and I was sure I was on the right street. I bit my lip and walked up to the door slowly.

There was no way that I was the first one to arrive.

A chill ran down my back. I rang the doorbell and waited. It finally pulled open to reveal the man from last night. What was his name again? Dan or Dean or something....

"Dr. White," he said with a hint of surprise. "We were sure you weren't coming. Please," he started, opening the door quickly. "Come in. Come in." I did.

"Thank you..."

"Tomo." Oh. Well, I was sort of close. "Tomo Milicevic."

"Right. Thank you, Tomo." He smiled.

"Mas-Mister Leto will be waiting for you in his study. He would love for you to join him for drinks before dinner is served."

"Tomo, aren't there supposed to be others coming?" He nodded, looking away.

"They'll be along." I pursed my lips as he started walking. "This way, Dr. White." As he turned I realized he was wearing a very expensive looking suit, deep black and pristine. His shoes clicked as he walked briskly. I tried to keep up, but it was hard with those damn heels. He stopped at a door, knocking twice. A faint voice was heard on the other side, and Tomo opened it. He stepped aside for me, letting me in. He gave me a smile and closed the door quickly behind me. I bit my lip again and turned to see a man sitting in a big arm chair with a smile on his face.

"Good evening, Dr. White." He stood up.

"Hello, Mr. Leto. I'm sorry I'm so late." I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks. "I, uh, got a little lost." His smile seemed to get brighter.

"Don't think anything of it Dr. White. I'm just glad you were able to make it on such short notice. I was so looking forward to your company. Please have a seat." I sat down in another big, black leather arm chair. "Would you like something to drink? I have some excellent Cognac. I only break it out for the most special occasions," he said looking into my eyes with the same bright smile on his face. I shook my head slightly, finding myself smile as well.

"No, thank you. I'm fine. But, please feel free to have some yourself." He nodded, pouring himself a glass. He sat down across from me. "You have a lovely home, Mr. Leto. It's absolutely gorgeous." He chuckled.

"Thank you. It suits me fine. I've lived here for a couple months, and it is starting to feel more like home."

"Where did you move from?" I asked. He held up his hand and waved it dismissively.

"England. I've been moving around my entire life. But, after just a few short months, I've come to like this town the most." I tilted my head, staring deeper into his eyes.

"Why is that?" He took a sip of his drink and smiled rather coyly at me.

"Hm, it must be the atmosphere. And, I've met the most wonderful people."

"I love this town, too. It's the only place I've ever lived, but I've had lots of good times here. I've had lots of great memories." I felt my heart sink a little bit, but I tried not to let it show. "Did you move around with your family?" I asked, trying to focus on him again. He nodded slowly.

"Yes, my parents, my brother and me." I smiled with awe.

"That must have been so much fun." He nodded, his smile showing a little apprehension.

"Yes, I got along very well with my brother. Do you have any siblings?" I shook my head.

"My parents decided that one little monstrosity was enough," I said laughing. "I've always wanted a brother or sister, though. It must be nice." He nodded again.

"I love my brother, but recently we've had a bit of a falling out." I frowned.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He shook his head, suddenly putting on another smile.

"No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to tell you this." He looked down at his watch. "Ah, dinner should be ready." He stood up, holding out his arm. "Shall we?" I smiled lightly, standing up and taking his arm.

"We shall, Mr. Leto." He looked at me, staring deep into my eyes again.

"Please, call me Shannon." His eyes were a bright hazel. I nodded.

"Then, please call me Rose." His eyes gleamed and I felt comfortable.

"We're going to have a nice night, Rose."
♠ ♠ ♠
Bet you thought it would Jared, didn't you? It's okay. You can admit it : ) I certainly debated it.
Hey guys! I'm a little bit stuck on chapter 6, but I'm sure I can something down in the next couple weeks. I've got a lot on my mind, so my writing has pretty much come to an unfortunate screeching halt. It sucks. I'm heading off the college in less than a month, so I hope you guys understand if I have a little trouble updating regularly!
Slideshow.
Comment, please!!! Subscribe if you like it!
Thanks for reading!