Status: Thanks for reading! Updates kind of sporadic!

I Fell Apart

You Can't Leave

There was a groan on the other side of the door. I heard Tomo shuffle quickly to the door and unlock it. He opened it before I could try and protest. I heard him let out a breath and he started mumbling. He sounded far away, possibly talking to Shannon.

Was Jared gone? What happened to Shannon?

I stood up, putting my hands out in front of me. I stumbled my way to the door.

"Stay there, Rose," Shannon said forcefully. His voice was gravelly.

"No." I didn't stop moving. "What the fuck just happened?" I finally found where they were standing, but still couldn't see anything. Shannon sighed.

"Tomo, could you go fix the lights?" I heard Tomo walk away. "Could you give me a hand? My leg's a little..." I reached out, trying to find him. He grabbed my hand quickly, holding on with both hands. I put his arm around my shoulders and I heard him wince. "Ah, jeez." He hobbled into the room with me. I could tell he was trying not to put all his weight on me, which I appreciated.

"I repeat. What the fuck just happened?" There was a buzz and the lights came on. We were in the some sort of living room. "Wow, Tomo's quick." Shannon nodded quickly.

"Uh-huh." I brought him over to the couch that I had sat on, looking him over. His leg was bleeding a lot and his shirt was torn at his shoulder. I could see a couple scratches on his skin there.

"Jesus. Your brother did this to you?" He nodded quickly again. He lifted a hand over in the direction of the door.

"Do you mind?" I turned around and saw what he was pointing at. I rolled my eyes, grumbling as I fixed him a drink. I shoved it into his hands. He knocked it back just as Tomo walked into the room. He was holding some bandages in one hand and in the other hand he held some dental floss and a needle. I shuttered. Shannon gave me his empty glass. "More whiskey, please." I took the glass and poured a little bit in. "Actually. Just bring over the whole bottle." I frowned, looking at him sharply.

"This is so unsanitary." He shrugged.

"Drastic times. Drastic measures. If anything bad happens, I'll have a doctor standing by." He flashed me a grin, and the cut on his lip suddenly splitting further. He swore loudly, bringing his hand up to it, holding the cuff of his sleeve to it. He waved his other hand at me, trying to tell me to hurry up. I sighed and brought the bottle and his glass back over.

Tomo had started threading the sewing needle with the floss. He rushed me with his hand again so I shoved the glass into his hands again. More forcefully this time, causing some of the amber liquid to spill over the sides.

"Your highness," I muttered. He smirked and Tomo looked up at me briefly with a raised eyebrow. He turned back to his work quickly, and Shannon started drinking again. "Goodbye." I rushed out of the room as quickly as I could, ignoring the two men's protests. I heard Shannon swear a couple times as he started hobbling after me with the help of Tomo.

"Rose, you-ow can't lea-ow leave." I snorted not bothering to turn around. "Stop," he said more forcefully. I sighed, finally listening, and stopped. "Look at me." I turned. They were a couple feet away from me. They had stopped moving as well.

"Whatever happened tonight, Shannon, none of it has anything to do with me." He rolled his eyes.

"Weren't you paying the least bit of attention tonight?" I crossed my arms across my chest, pursing my lips.

"Yes. You had a little tiff with your brother and I happened to get in the middle of it. Your fault. Not mine. Goodbye." I started to leave again.

"Stop." I did. "Look at me." I did. "You can't leave, Rose." His tone was softer now. "I'm so sorry that this happened. But, it does have to do with you." I frowned and gulped.

"What do you mean?" I asked nervously. He sighed.

"Please, just stay with us. Just for the night. I promise no harm will come to you." I gulped again.

"I wanna go home," I said meekly. He nodded slowly, looking deep into my eyes.

"I know." I licked my dry lips, looking away from him.

What did he mean that it had to do with me? Why? What if he's dangerous? What if I'm really in danger here? What if I'll be in danger at home?

I sighed softly, realizing that I had practically been backed into a corner. I couldn't leave knowing that that dangerous man, Jared, was out there. And, I knew if Shannon hadn't killed me yet, he probably wouldn't try to.

I could be safe here for the night. Then I could contact the police in the morning.

I walked over to Shannon, taking his other arm and putting it around my shoulder. We walked back to the room.

"If your gonna give yourself those ghetto fucking stitches, you should at least let me do it for you. I think I'm a little more qualified." He smiled.

"Thank you, Rose."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still a little stuck on the next chapter, and I am leaving on Sunday for school. I know I won't be able to post anything for a while, though, anyway. So, I apologize in advanced for lack of consistant updates.
Slideshow.
Please comment. I really want to know what you guys think of this story. Or should I just scrap it? When I don't get any comments, I just assume that it sucked. I want to know if you think it sucked or not.
Please please comment.
Thanks for reading.