Status: depends...

Shape of My Heart

Chapter Ten

“Happy one month anniversary!” Nick smiled as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

“Nick, it’s three in the freaking morning.” I rolled over to face him. “Why are you waking up this early?” I groaned.

“I have to get ready for tour, remember? Rehearsals end today and they want us there early so we can get as much practice as possible.” I’m not going to lie. I had totally forgotten.

“Okay… can I sit in this rehearsal?” I asked and smiled up at him.

“Absolutely. Hurry and get ready.” He kissed my temple. “I’ll be downstairs waiting on you, honey.” He got off the bed and went downstairs. I literally had to drag myself out of bed and grab some clothes. I showered and got ready for the day as quickly as I could. “Katie? Are you almost ready?” I heard Nick call from downstairs as I was putting my eyeliner on.

“Yeah! I’ll be down in a minute!” I grabbed my purse, tossed a book in it, and ran downstairs. “Don’t look too bad for fifteen minutes, eh?” I winked and grabbed Nick’s hand.

“Not at all.” He kissed my cheek as we went out the front door. As he locked the door I thought I heard the bushes rustle from behind me. I turned around to see if it was another rabbit like I saw the other day, but nothing came from behind the bushes. I would have seen a rabbit even though it was dark outside, right? I shrugged it off and followed Nick to the car. As Nick shined the headlights on the bushes, I could have sworn I saw black hair.

“Did you see that?” I asked looking at the bushes.

“See what, babe?”

“I could have sworn I saw someone in the bushes!”

“You’re probably just tired, Katie.” Nick put a hand on my shoulder. I nodded in agreement. There was no way someone was in the bushes. I must have been seeing things.

~*~

“Hey, Katie! Long time no see!” Howie greeted me with a hug the second I walked in the door.

“Howie!” I smiled and hugged him back. “How are you?” I held him out at arm’s length. “You’ve gotten shorter.” I joked.

“Leigh says I’m growing!” He pouted and walked back over to the guys. I laughed as Brian and A.J. attacked me from both side.

“Katie!” Brian yelled as he and A.J. picked me up and paraded me around the room.

“Guys! I’m not ten anymore! Put me down!” I covered my eyes. “Did I fail to mention I’m afraid of falling?” I felt my feet touch the ground and I sighed.

“How have you been? We’ve missed you so much!” Brian said and hugged me again.

“I’ve been great. It’s awesome to finally see you guys again!” I smiled. “How’s… Baylee!” Brian’s son came running through the doors of the practice hall.

“Aunt Katie!” Baylee yelled back and ran as fast as his ten-year-old legs could take him and jumped onto me. “I’ve missed you, Aunt Katie!”

“I’ve missed you too, little buddy!” I smiled and hugged him. “How have you been?” I asked and knelt down to face him.

“Good. Uncle Nick said that you were back, but I didn’t believe him. I said I would have to see you myself before I believed a word Uncle Nick said. Daddy always told me not to believe him.” Baylee gave me a big, toothy smile.

“Good, listen to your dad. Nick’s not one to trust.” I laughed and winked at Nick from across the room.

“What are you saying about me?” Nick asked as he walked over to me and Baylee.

“Nothing, uncle, Nick!” Baylee said and ran across the room to Brian.

“You see what you did? You scared away my only friend. How do you feel now, Nick?” I asked and stood up.

“Happy. Now, I have you all to myself.” He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned in.

“Carter!” Brian called just as his lips were about to touch mine.

“Kinda busy here, Brian!” Nick called back and leaned back in.

“Now, Carter!” Howie called this time. Nick sighed and pecked my lips.

“We’ll pick up later.” He winked at me.

“Come on, Nick! New Kids are going to show up soon and we want to make it look like we’ve been doing something!” Brian said and stood in front of his microphone. “And if Katie distracts you, she’s gone. Love you, Katie!” Brian smiled and waved.

“Love you too, Bri!” I laughed and chose a chair next to Leigh Ann and Kelsi.

“Don’t worry. They said that to Brian and A.J. about me and Leigh Ann. They never kicked us out.” Kelsi leaned over and smiled. I nodded and watched as the boys practice their dance for ‘Everybody’.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Another chapter! :D
hope you all are enjoying it! Glad to see I have two more subscribers than last time I looked! :D
please comment!!
xo
Lindsay!