Status: depends...

Shape of My Heart

Chapter Eleven

“And that’s what happened.” Brian had finished his story about the time a fan snuck into his dressing room and tried to snap a picture of him naked. “True story.”

“That almost reminds me of the time Kelsi and I went on vacation.” AJ laughed. “Do you remember? The seventeen year old girl in the hotel room? I thought she was going to murder Cassie.” AJ smiled as he put his arm around Kelsi, but she pushed it right back off.

“Cassie?” She asked.

“What? Did I say Cassie?” AJ asked and Kelsi nodded. “I-I didn’t mean to. I swear!” AJ said defensively.

“We’re gonna see a fight!” Nick whispered excitedly and I elbowed his ribs.

“Who’s Cassie?” Kelsi demanded and crossed her arms.

“No one… I swear! An ex-girlfriend, but she’s nothing to me-”

“An ex-girlfriend? We’ve been dating for two and a half years, AJ. Why would you all of the sudden call me Cassie? Are you seeing her again?” Kelsi half whispered. The table was quiet and AJ didn’t answer. Kelsi threw her napkin down on the table and stood up.

“Kelsi-” AJ reached out to touch her, but Kelsi snatched her arm away before he could. “Come on Princess.” AJ pleaded.

“Don’t call me princess.” She said through her teeth and stormed out. AJ put his face in his hands and sighed. Howie and I got up at the same time and ran out after Kelsi.

“Kelsi!” Howie and I ran after her. We followed her into the girls restroom. “Howie… this is a girl’s bathroom.” I whispered to him.

“Katie, I’ve known her as long as you’ve known Nick. I think I have the right to be in here.” He stated firmly and walked towards the stall Kelsi ran in. “Kelsi, open the door.” Nothing. “Please, Kelsi.” Howie begged.

“No!” Kelsi said and took a sharp breath.

“Kelsi,” I stepped forward next to Howie. “please listen to me.” Kelsi got quiet, so I took that as a sign to go on. “I’ve known AJ for almost as long as I’ve known Nick. He would never cheat on you. Ever.” Still quiet.

“Listen, Kels. I knew her while they were dating and he wasn’t as happy with her as he was with you.” Howie said.

“Seriously, Kelsi.” I looked at Howie for permission to tell her what happened between AJ and Cassie. He nodded in approval. “Kelsi, I was going to let AJ tell you this, but now seems like a pretty good time to tell you.” I took a deep breath and began the story. “Yes, AJ and Cassie were happy together, but something always seemed off about them. He had planned on taking her to Paris and proposing to her there-” Kelsi let out a dry sob at the word ‘proposing’ “-but the night before they left, she left him. She left a note saying she found someone else. AJ was heartbroken, but a week later, you know who turned up? You. I brought you to Nick’s party and the very moment he saw you, he pulled me to the side and said ‘Katie, she’s exactly what I’ve been looking for.’ and he still feels that way about you.” I took another breath and continued. “The other day Cassie came over and asked to see AJ, so I called him. The first thing she did was beg for forgiveness, and of course he forgave her, then she asked for a second chance and-”

“Stop.” Kelsi interrupted. “I don’t want to hear anymore.” Kelsi stormed out of the stall and went to the sink to wash her face.

“Yes you do.” I said as Howie and I went over to her. Kelsi nodded her head for me to continue. “He said no. That he was happier with you than he had been and years.” Kelsi smiled.

“So, that’s why he called me Cassie? Because he had just seen her.” She thought aloud.

“Yeah, Kelsi. AJ would never hurt you.” Howie said and sat on the counter top. “Trust me, if he had done anything to hurt you, there would only be three Backstreet Boys remaining.” Howie explained.

“You’re not exactly the Hulk, Howie.” Kelsi smiled and laughed. “Are you absolutely positive that’s what happened?” Kelsi turned to me and asked.

“Absolutely. Eye witness.” I smiled. Kelsi nodded and straightened up.

“I’m going back out there.” She nodded. “Thanks you guys.” She smiled back at us as she walked out of the bathroom.

“There’s something else you didn’t tell her.” Howie stared at me. “What is it?”

“AJ said something else to Cassie, but I think I’ll let AJ tell Kelsi himself.” I smiled.

“What was it?” Howie asked, intrigued.

“Do you really want to know?” I eyed Howie as he nodded. “He said… and I swear if you repeat this to Kelsi, you’ll be sorry.”

“My lips are sealed.” He said pretending to zip his lips shut and lock them.

“Okay…” I took a quick peek out the door to make sure Kelsi wasn’t eavesdropping. “He said that he plans on proposing sometime this week.” I whispered.

“No way!” Howie said excitedly.

“If you ruin this surprise for her, I swear Howie Dorough, you will rue the-”

“I know! I know!” Howie held his hands up defensively. Just then a woman walked into the restroom and gave an awkward cough. “Ma’am.” Howie said politely. “Right, well, I’m going to go back to the table…” Howie said to me. “Have a nice evening, ma’am.” He gave an awkward half-bow and walked out.

“It’s… it’s not what it looked like.” I smiled awkwardly. I just realized that Howie was holding his hands up in defense… in front of my breasts. “I swear.” The woman raised an eyebrow. “Seriously. I have a boyfriend… and trust me, he is not it.” The woman tilted her head in disbelief. “He’s married.” She rolled her eyes. “Why am I explaining this to a stranger?” I mumbled to myself and went back out to the table with everyone else.

“Good! You’re finally here!” AJ greeted me as I walked up to the table.

“Yeah… I had to do some explaining.” I shrugged and took my seat next to Nick. “What have I missed?” Nick put his arm around me and I relaxed into him.

“Nothing yet.” AJ winked at me. My eyes grew wide and I mouthed ‘now?’ he nodded and climbed up onto the table.

“Come on man! You’re stepping all in my salad!” Nick moaned.

“Shut up! He’s trying to be romantic.” I whispered to Nick and motioned for AJ to carry on.

“Excuse me.” He said trying to get the attention of the restaurant and failing. “Excuse me!” He tried again. Everyone still chatted on. “Hey! Shut the hell up!” AJ yelled and the restaurant fell silent. “Thank you.” He smiled and cleared his throat. “Now, I have something to ask you Kelsi.”

“Did you have to ask the whole restaurant to be quiet just to ask me a question?” Kelsi asked, clearly embarrassed. AJ nodded and continued.

“Okay everyone. You see this girl? This girl right here?” AJ pointed to Kelsi and the restaurant was filled with “yes’s”. “Well, this girl Kelsi and I have been dating for two and a half years. That’s right. Two and a half years. It’s been the best years of my life.” AJ smiled down at her. “And we’ve had our ups and downs, but at the end of the day, no matter what, I know that I’m coming home to the most amazing girl in the world. I love her so much, and no matter what, I always will. Kelsi, I want to be the one you wake up to every morning. The last one you see before you go to bed. And when I’m on tour, I want to talk to you until you fall asleep, I want to be your one and only.” AJ got down on one knee and pulled a little black box from his pocket. Kelsi let out a gasp and covered her mouth. AJ took the diamond ring from the box and placed it on Kelsi’s left ring finger. “Kelsi Lynette Strong. Will you marry me?” It was so quiet after that moment, you could hear a pin drop. Kelsi sat there for a moment in shock then finally nodded, seeing as that was all she was able to do. “She said yes!” AJ jumped off the table and wrapped Kelsi in a bear hug. The restaurant filled with cheers.

“Congrats, you two!” I said hugged them tightly. “I’m so happy for you!” Everyone from the table got up to give their congratulations to the couple before I pulled Kelsi off to the side. “You know I’m totally going to help you with your wedding weather you want me to or not, right?” I laughed.

“Of course! I mean, you have to start somewhere if you want to open your own business.” She rolled her eyes playfully.

“Sweet! We’ll start tomorrow.” I winked and everyone else came over to us.

“Time to leave, ladies.” Brian informed us and we all went our separate ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this chapter took so long to get up. School's just started and well... I've been busy trying to memorize my classes and yada yada.
anywho! comment and subscribe!
xx
Lindsay!