Status: depends...

Shape of My Heart

Chapter Seven

I don’t remember falling asleep, but I guess I did, because I felt Nick gently shaking me awake. “Katie… Katie, dinner’s ready.” He whispered in my ear. I opened my eyes and sat up.

“I’ll eat later. I’m not hungry.” I sighed laid back down.

“Katie, you can’t just skip out on dinner because of what happened earlier.” Nick sat on my bed. “And plus, I made my mom’s fried chicken. You of all people should know you can’t just eat that later.” I rolled my eyes and sat back up.

“Fine.” I threw the covers off me and made my way downstairs.

“Katie,” Nick grabbed me halfway down the stairs. “I know this kinda goes without saying, but please don’t mention the kiss at dinner… Marce will kill me.”

“My lips are sealed.” I promised and went down the last of the steps. “Hey Marcy.” I smiled and sat down across from her.

“Hey.” She smiled back. “Have you ever had Nick’s mom’s fried chicken? I have. It’s amazing.” She sighed.

“Yeah. Mrs. Carter used to make it every other Wednesday night and I would go over every night for dinner as well, so.” I shrugged as Nick placed the chicken in the middle of the table.

“Okay!” Nick said nervously. “Dig in everyone!” Nick grabbed a piece of chicken as Marcy glared at me over the steaming mashed potatoes.

“So, Nick.” Marcy said, still glaring at me. “how was your day, sweetie?” I grabbed a piece of chicken and sat it on my plate.

“It was good. Stayed home all day.” He shrugged. “Practiced for the NKOTBSB tour. Katie helped me out with some vocals.” I nearly choked on my chicken.

“Oh… really.” Marcy obviously not happy about this.

“Yeah,” I shrugged. “I’m not that great of a singer though.” I took a drink of my water.

“Oh, don’t be modest, Katie. You were great!” I could tell that Nick was trying to tell me that I was a good kisser, which just set me up for the next comment.

“Yeah, but you could use a bit more practice. It was obvious you hadn’t sang in a while.” I saw Nick’s jaw drop from the corner of my eye. I smirked and took another bite of my chicken.

“Well, I haven’t been singing with the right people.”

“That’s obvious.” I rolled my eyes and continued to eat. There was about ten minutes of silence before I got up from the table. “I’m going back to my room.” I nodded. “It was really good, Nick. Thanks.” I smiled and went upstairs. As soon as I was in my room, I couldn’t help but laugh. And here Nick was telling me not to mention the kiss? I sat on my bed and turned on the TV. I had just gotten ten minutes into Teen Mom when I heard glass shatter downstairs. “Nick!?” I called downstairs and heard footsteps coming up the stairs and Marcy yelling about something.

“Come driving with me.” Nick demanded as soon as he got to the top of the stairs.

“Nick… what’s wrong?” I went to put a hand on his shoulder but he stepped back.

“Don’t touch me. I’m so pissed right now, I could punch a wall.” I stepped back so he wouldn’t hit me on accident.

“Nickolas Gene Carter!” Marcy called from downstairs. “I’m not done with you! Get your ass back down here!”

“What’s she mad about?” I whispered.

“She said she doesn’t want me hanging out with you while she’s at work, and I told her that wasn’t going to happen. She’s pissed that I have a life outside of her and she doesn’t.” Nick whispered back. I nodded and locked my door before we went downstairs.

“I know you’re talking to that slut, Nick!” Marcy yelled again.

“Oh, hell no!” I said and went to run downstairs, but Nick stopped me.

“Katie, stay behind me. I don’t want you to get hurt.” Nick pulled me behind him and made me follow behind him downstairs. The second his foot touch the bottom step, Marcy turned around and charged for him, fist ready to punch.

“Bitch, you touch him and the next thing you see will be the back of your eyelids, permanently!” I threatened moving out from behind Nick.

“Oh, and what are you going to do about it?” Marcy asked and got right up in my face.

“You know, I used to feel sorry for you, but now I know you’re nothing but a big bully, and hitting you, would just stoop me down to your pathetic level. I turned around to walk out the front down with Nick, but just as I did, Marcy muttered “slut” and I just couldn’t stop my reflexes. I turned around as quickly as I could and punched her nose. “Then again, that felt good.” I smiled and turned back around to leave with Nick as Marcy stood there holding her bleeding nose.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter! :D
Please comment and let me know what you think. It would mean LOADS!
xoxo
Lindsay!