Status: Active - Writing

Forgotten Faces

No Work Tomorrow, Let's Party Today.

“Blake, that was amazing! I loved it! Keep it up, killer.” Kory smiled down at me, leaning on my cubicle.

I looked up from my computer and smiled at my boss. He was an older man but the coolest old man there is! Kory was basically my father and I admired him greatly, he has so much respect from me. He can be a total hard ass on all of us but he means well and we all know it. Every single one who works for him respects him as if he were our father, the man basically is. We all look up to him.

I noticed Kory was wearing brown dress pants, a white dress shirt, a yellow and white tie, and then he also had suspenders on and a pair of brown leather shoes. His beer-gut was a little noticeable with his shirt being tucked in but all old men have beer-guts. His white hair was short and he had a bald head on the top of his scalp; fitting for his age. Kory was slightly wrinkly and had big, happy brown eyes.

“Thanks, Kory! I did my best for you on that one!” I smiled at him as I got up and hugged my boss. He gave me a tight hug as well and patted my back.

“I wish I had writers like you! You are so dedicated to your work, and you enjoy every minute of it too! Every other metal magazine is jealous that I have such a good journalist!” I smiled as he spoke to me, Kory wasn’t afraid to say that I was his favorite worker here and I love it. I worked hard to get where I am and Kory knows it; he doesn’t cut me slack but always pushes me. I need that to make myself a better writer and that’s what Kory helps me do.

“Oh why thank you! But you know I wouldn’t be anywhere right now without you and your help!”

Kory smiled his signature smile.

I sat back down in my chair and looked at my boss, smiling. He smiled back and then I saw a flicker of something in his eyes. What it was, I couldn’t tell. All I knew was that he wanted to ask something but either didn’t want to bring it up or didn’t know how to word it.

I sighed heavily, leaning back in my chair and pinching the brim of my nose. “Spit it out.”

Kory looked into my eyes and nodded his head. “What’s wrong? I heard you got into a fight with someone and then you’re late for an appointment. You are never late!”

“Kory listen,” I started. “I ran into my past when I least expected it and it bit me in the ass. I’m just really overwhelmed right now with everything and I’m sorry. I know not to mix my personal life with business, it won’t happen again. Trust me.”

I looked over to the window just a few cubicles away, I was on the tenth floor and it overlooked the ocean. I loved where I worked, but I knew I couldn’t fool around here considering Kory’s office was on the same floor. Not that I would though, I love my job.

The ocean was in high tide from the looks of it, the sun was midway in the sky and shinning such a bright yellow that I had to look away. I looked at the sand and the ones lying on it. I smiled. I loved the ocean and the warm, golden sand on my skin. I saw families playing in the sand, couples cuddling on their towels, and some surfers catching waves too.

“How did you find out, anyway?” I asked, not looking at my boss.

I heard him sigh and I saw movement from the corner of my eye. I thought he left so I looked over but he just grabbed a seat and sat backwards in it, facing me. I smiled weakly but Kory looked really serious so I frowned, and looked away.

“Zacky told me. I talked to him after you came in to do your interview that you were late for.” My head snapped up. Why would Zacky come in and tell Kory my personal business? He knows how I feel about mixing my home life with my work life. Or I thought he understood.

“No offense Kory, but why did Zack tell you that?” I chose my words carefully.

“Don’t tell him I told you that he told me. He told me because he’s worried about you; he wants you to have some time off with pay. Right now, I agree with him. Two weeks, you’re off. Go. Get relaxed and away from this. Like you said, you are overwhelmed so go take time off.”

I looked at the older man, shocked. Did he just tell me to leave right now? When I have a lot of work to get done? Let alone say that my boyfriend told him to give me the time off? What the fuck is going on here? I don’t want time off! I actually like to work! Otherwise I feel like I’m really lazy and I’m just a waist of space. Let alone, I get really bored!

“No,” I told Kory, he just sighed and looked heavily at me. “No! I’m not taking time off because Zacky fucking told you to give it to me! That’s not happening! You know I like to work! I’m not taking the time off!”

Kory rolled his eyes at me as he got up and put his chair away. “This is not open for discussion, Blake. You are taking this time off. You haven’t had a day off in over six months! You are on over-load! You are either taking this time off or I’m afraid I’ll have to fire you!”

I looked up at my superior. I can’t believe he just threatened to fire me! He knows what this job means to me! Kory just said five minutes ago how he wants more workers like me! How could he go from that to this? It makes no sense!

“At least let me work from home, Kory,” I begged.

He shook his head. “I want you out of this building in two minutes. Go, now!”

I glared up at his big, brown eyes. I got up, grabbed my jacket and stomped out of the cubicle. I pressed the button for the elevator when I heard Kory call something to me.

“I’ll call soon.”

I flipped him off and stomped into the elevator. I knew I was just acting off of my emotions but I didn’t really care. Kory knows how I get anyways; he isn’t going to take that to offense. I know he isn’t; Kory knows me very well.

I got in my car and I had a plan going on in my head. More like a plot. I was going to go home and throw everything. It was better than my other plan: Go to Zack’s house and throw shit at him. Suddenly I got an idea. I parked in the parking garage for my apartment building and pushed the button on the elevator for my floor. I ran to my door and unlocked it, running inside. I went into my room and stripped from all clothing and put on an oversized tee. I dialed Ariel’s number.

“Babe, I miss you and your sexy ass!”

I smiled. “I miss you too boo-bear.”

I could hear the smile growing on her face. “What is up?”

I opened my screen door and lit up my smoke. I took a long drag before responding. “I have a plan.”

Ariel squealed from the other line. I could practically see her jumping up and down with joy. “Tell me everything!”

*******


Ariel and I cat walked straight to the group. It had all of the guys and the twins, no one else. I had on a fox smile as I recalled what I told my best friend just two hours earlier.

“Well don’t you two look sexy!” screamed Jimmy. My smile grew double in size, I looked over to my friend—she was blushing. I rolled my eyes knowing why; Ariel had a small crush on Jimmy. Considering they did hook up a few times behind Leana’s back, and still do sometimes. But they are very discreet about it! I don’t tell anyone; it’s not my place to inform Leana. She is a very good friend of mine but I have no liberty to spill that secret.

“Hi guys,” I purred. I knew how to make guys weak in the knees. I have many stripper friends, when you have connections like that then they do give you a few pointers. I just so happened to pick that one up quickly.

I looked over at my boyfriend and I saw his eyes flicker with lust; their normal light, emerald color got darker as his intentions did. Zack slipped his hand on my waist and pulled me in, he kissed me on the lips gently. I felt all anger towards him disappear. My boyfriend’s snake bites felt cool against his warm, plump lips and I nibbled on them as well with his lip. I pulled away and scooted closer to my best friend, Zack’s arm still intact.

“What are we doing here so dressed up?” questioned Matthew. All the guys had on nice jeans and dress shirts. Of course they all had their own little flare to it all.

I felt my smile grow double in size. I reached over and squeezed Zack’s muscular arm. “Thanks to Zack here—,” I rubbed his colorful forearm. “I am now on vacation! We can all hang out even more!”

Ariel smiled at the men and I looked over to my boyfriend, his face was Santa red. I felt his grip on my waist weaken as he understood.

“Yay then!” called Brian, as he threw his arms in the air. “Let’s drink and party!”

“Wait—,” Johnny cut off.

Matt impatiently asked, “What is it, John?”

“Why wasn’t I allowed to bring Janie? I would have liked her to be here with me!”

I rolled my eyes at Johnny. He must want to ruin my mood. I knew he damn sure understood why I said not to bring her. I wasn’t in a good mood about not working but I planned on not letting Zack’s idea get the best of me.

Ariel snapped her head towards the shortest man. A scowl stretched across her face as her eyes went slit-like, almost resembling a cat. “Johnny! You know damn well why we said not to invite Janelle! Blake does not get along with her. Do you think she would want her to come here and celebrate with her? No! So why would you ask that question?” Ariel huffed. “Plus, I highly doubt that Janelle would want to come and congratulate her.”

Johnny mumbled something and looked at his feet, anger spread across his face. I knew he wasn’t going to like me not inviting Janelle but he had to understand where I was coming from.

I snapped my heads to everyone else. The twins were wearing some clothes similar to mine and Ariel’s. A little on the revealing side yet they somewhat matched. I think it fit them very well.

One hour later we were all back at my place, drinking until it tickled our bellies. I was in my room kicking off my heels when I was grabbed from behind pulled into his arms. I saw his forearm tattoos, I smelt his amazing scent, and felt his body against his and that’s when I knew it was my love; Zacky. I smiled as I reached over my head and held his chubby face in them.

“Mmm, you smell amazing,” I breathed. I missed Zack, a lot. Ever since Janelle came into the picture, I feel like we have been somewhat distant. Also, I feel like I’m taking all my anger and stress out on him. I don’t like that, unless he deserves it. And God knows he doesn’t, he has done nothing to me but has tried to help me through everything. That’s why I love him.

“Thanks baby,” Zacky whispered into my ear, his voice was husky. My smile grew double in size as I turned to face him. I leaned my head against his chest and let out a deep breath I didn’t realize I was holding. “I miss you. We need time just alone. We never do that anymore.”

I looked up and connected our lips together, tasting the Jack Daniels off his plump lips. I felt him smile softly and it just made me feel a whole lot happier about everything. I know I have someone who will always have me and take my side. I know I have someone who will never leave me and will always love me. Zachary will always be by my side.

“Let’s get back to the party,” I told Zack, pulling away from him. I still longed for him but not now, we have people over. I heard him curse under his breath and I laughed as we walked back to everyone in my living room. I smiled, seeing they were all having a lot of fun from the looks of it. Everyone was messing around with another and just socializing.

“I love you, Blake!” screamed Val, Brian, and Jimmy all at once from the corner of the living room. I rolled my eyes and told them I loved them all too. Zack gave me a lingering kiss as he went to go chat with Johnny.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. I opened the cap and downed some when I was grabbed from behind and got carried away. I screamed, not knowing who it was. I spilled water on my way to wherever the culprit wanted me. I giggled the whole time until I was brought into my one guest room. The door was shut with the person’s foot and as soon as they let go of me, I swung around.

I saw his hazel eyes first then his sloppy grin and his adorable dimples next. I smiled realizing it was Matt. I was shocked when I saw his eyes grow dark; I saw a flicker in them. I couldn’t tell what it was and what it meant, but it made me feel uneasy.

“Hey, Matt,” I said. I hated hearing my voice shaking like it was.

“Hi, Blake,” Matthew slurred into my ear. He laid his big hands on my hips, pulling me closer to him. I felt a little awkward and out of place. I tried to pull away but his grip was far too strong.

“Matthew let me go! This is too close for comfort,” I told him, trying to push him away again. I failed once again. All Matt did was lean in close to me and inhaled my scent. I hit him on the chest lightly, trying to get him away from me.

“Blake, I can’t hide my feelings for you. I have always liked you but you were Zack’s fuck-buddy! Then when I was going to do something about it, you started to date him! Now I just cannot stand it any longer!” And with that, Matt connected our lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY IT'S BEEN FOREVER FOR ME TO UPDATE! >__< I have just been getting my ass kicked from writing other stories and updating them, school, and at home! Plus, I thought it was Jenna's turn to update! There won't be another time it will be this long to update, I swear! At least not from me! XDD
Comment? :)

Blake
Ariel
The twins