Status: Active - Writing

Forgotten Faces

Everything Happens For A Reason

My lips moved with Matt’s as he started to rock his hips against mine. I felt his warm tongue enter my mouth and I shuddered with disgust. I bit down on his tongue as hard as I could and he immediately pulled away, taking a step back. I pushed him as hard as I could and saw hurt in his eyes. I almost felt sorry for doing that to him, almost.

“You fucking asshole,” I hissed in his direction. “You know I am in love with Zack yet you kissed me. What the fuck is that? Also while married to Val! The one who loves you! Do you not realize how much it will hurt her if she finds out?!”

Matt hung his head, shaking it. I scowled at him. I just wanted to sock him in his handsome face. I was about to act when my phone started to ring. I opened my clutch and took out the cellular device, not glancing at who was calling me.

“What?” I huffed. I heard the caller breathing and some laughing in the background. Either this was a prank call or someone was not sure what to say. “I’m going to fucking hang up if you don’t say something.”

“Blake! It’s me Jake! Didn’t you look at the caller ID?” I heard Jake say with a gruff. He sounded upset, really upset. Who was he with?

“Oh sorry, I didn’t. What’s up?”

I heard him sigh into the phone. I could practically see him scowling as he pinched the bridge of his nose, like he always does when he is mad. “Janie and I got into a fight. She got mad because I had Carter and Dean over and that I didn’t go back to work. She also got mad because we were smoking some Kush and that Dean was trying to get with her. She is trying to be the boss of me again, Blake! It’s some fucking bullshit! I told her how a disgrace she is to our family and how I don’t like her. I told her it’s her fault that I failed. I let her know that I don’t care about her, I care about you.”

I stared ahead blankly. Jake might have just fucked up his relationship with Janelle. I don’t like her anymore but I do like Jake, and I know how much this is hurting him, and Janelle. I don’t want that. Family is supposed to stick together, I know I don’t live by that but I know family is important to Janelle. She just wants to prove them wrong about her. They are a nice family but they really treated Janelle like shit, that’s not right. Even if I don’t like her, I’m on her side.

“Jake,” I started, closing my eyes. I heard the door click. I opened my eyes and Matt was gone. What a fucking pussy. “I know you are mad at her but she is just trying to help you. I also know you don’t want me to say that, but it is the truth. She cares about you. She wants you to love her because family is important to her. Janelle wants to see you succeed because she knows your parents won’t see that in her, she at least wants them to see it in you. But you need to fucking grow up! Quit acting like a little kid! Take some damn responsibility! You are a good kid but you need some guidance. She is trying to help with that. Janelle may not be the best role model but she knows how it is to fail and to be all alone. She doesn’t want that for you. Why can’t you see that?”

I heard the other people laughing still, probably Carter and Dean. They’re just some little fucking pricks who need to quit ruining other people’s lives. “You’re right Blake, you always are. See, this is why I like you and trust you. You have a smart head on your shoulders. But I am still mad at Janie; I’m not coming home tonight. I’m staying with Carter and Dean, we’re going to party. Wanna join?”

I shook my head even though he can’t see it. “No, Jake, I have my own party at the moment. But how was Janie when you left?”

I heard him snicker into the phone. Then I heard crackling as the phone was getting handed to someone else. Next thing I heard was Carter’s voice.

“Hey babe, what are you doing? Why don’t you come and party with us? I know you enjoyed that kiss I gave you. Why don’t you come and get some more?”

I rolled my eyes as I sat on the guest bed. “Carter, shut the fuck up. You are so lucky that Zacky didn’t find you; he was set on kicking your ass. You and I both know he would have done a fine good job at it too.” I ran my hand through my dark, teased hair. This night is just really frustrating. “Now why don’t you hand the damn phone back to Jake?” He did as he was told.

“Blake?”

“Jake, how was Janie when you left her?”

“I don’t know, upset probably. Why?”

“Just asking, I am going to send Johnny there to check up on her. I’m going to go now, stay out of trouble otherwise I am going to kick your ass. Bye now.”

“Bye Blake, I love you.” I clicked the end button and put my phone back into my clutch. Sighing with frustration as I walked back into the living room, everyone seemed content. Matt was with Val, no surprise there. I saw Johnny go into the kitchen, better fill him in now.

“Johnny? You need to go over to Janelle’s.” I decided not to waste time on small talk. He stopped so quickly and whirled around to face me, fear filling his chocolate eyes.

“Why? What’s wrong?” he asked, worry dripping from every word.

I shook my head as I leaned against the table. “Jake called me and told me that they had a pretty big fight. He doesn’t really know how she was when he left. But knowing Janelle, she is pretty damn upset over it. I need you to go and check up on her.”

He nodded vigorously. “Thanks for telling me, Blake. It means a lot!” He was almost out the kitchen door before he turned around, leaning up so he could kiss my cheek. After doing so, he ran out the door and told everyone he had to go before running out of my condo.

I left the kitchen and sat on my sofa, next to Brian. He was sitting there drinking, alone. I leaned against him and sighed heavily, rolling my eyes.

“What’s wrong buttercup?” he asked, moving hair out of my face and behind my ear. I looked up at him and smiled instantly. Just seeing Brian made me feel better. I don’t know what it is about him, but he has that effect on me. I looked up and saw Zack talking to Val and Matt talking to Michelle, Ariel and Jimmy weren’t in sight. They are probably in my guest room fucking, or worse, in my room! Yuck!

“Brian, I have been so tense lately. Ever since Janelle came back, I have been all wound up. It’s driving me nuts!” I complained.

I saw Brian smile as he twirled his finger, telling me to turn around so that my back was facing him. I did so and he started to massage me. I sighed blissfully. This is exactly what I need, a good old back rub. Zack is horrible at these, but Brian isn’t. He knows what he is doing! I smiled as I shut my eyes, letting my muscles relax.

Soon enough, he was done and I collapsed onto him, my head in his lap. I opened my eyes and saw him staring into my eyes. “Thanks Brian. It felt good.”

“No problem, ever need another then just call me up.” He smiled at me and I smiled back. But my ringtone blared as someone called me. I mumbled curse words as I answered it again.

“Hello?” I asked, sitting up. I leaned forward, resting my elbows on my knees.

“Is this a Miss Blake Walker?” someone asked, I didn’t recognize the voice but the lady sounded professional. I also heard a lot of bustling in the back. I took the phone away from my ear and checked the caller ID, it read Jake again. Who is this lady then?

“Yes, this is she,” I answered, confusion resting across my face as I stood up and walked over to my room. Jimmy and Ariel weren’t in here, thank god.

“This is Dr. Harris from Long Beach Memorial. We got three men who came into our emergency center because they got into a car accident. They were T-boned and the only one who was severely hurt was the man driving. The other two were on the other side of the vehicle so they didn’t get hit from the impact. They have just a few broken bones, nothing serious. However, the young man driving, Jake is what the other’s said his name was, is very hurt. He is dying.”

I stopped pacing and took in what I just heard. Jake got into a car accident and is in the hospital. Carter and Dean are alright but Jake is really hurt. Hurt so much that he is dying right now. All because of those two fuck faces. I felt the anger bubble inside of me as I clenched my teeth.

“How long does he have?”

Dr. Harris sighed before speaking, “He only has a few hours. There is nothing we can do. The bleeding won’t stop and he doesn’t have any health insurance. I am sorry.”

“I’m heading over there right now. Don’t let the other two leave before I get there.” I hung up the phone and went to my closet to change as quickly as possible. I grabbed some Love Pink sweats, a shirt, and sweater. I tugged them on before putting on my black Uggs and then I pulled my hair into a bun on top of my head. I grabbed my Coach bag and stuffed my phone, keys, and my wallet into it. I walked out of my room and everyone turned to face me, confusion filling their faces.

“I’m going to the hospital,” I told everyone as I headed towards the door. Brian and Zack shot up from the coach and blocked my way to the door. I glared at them. “Get out of the damn way!”

They both shook their heads. “No. Why are you going there?” demanded Zack. I rolled my eyes.

“Jake is in the hospital, I need to go!” I pushed them out of my way and walked out the door. Leaving it open, I didn’t look back as I turned the corner and pressed the button of the elevator. The doors instantly opened and I walked inside, pressing the button for the garage.

*******


I ran into the emergency room and instantly saw Dean and Carter holding their heads. I walked straight up to them and slapped Carter before Dean. “How dare you do this, you stupid fucking pricks! You just had to come and befriend Jake, huh? Just to get to me and Janie! Look what you did! Jake is on his deathbed because of you guys! It should have been you two dying, not him!” I seethed.

Carter’s eyes narrowed at me as he stood up. “Blake, quit being such a fucking bitch! We already feel like shit and you are just making it worse! In case you didn’t know, we were already friends with him! We don’t care about you and Janie anymore so fucking drop it! You guys aren’t the center of attention anymore so deal with it! You stupid fucking cunt, I don’t see what Jake sees in you.”

With that, I swung at him. I hit him so hard that he fell back into his chair. He grabbed his nose and blood started to gush out of it. I shook my hand to get rid of the pain. “Don’t you fucking talk to me like that, Carter!” Dean tried to help him but stopped after the nurses came to take over, they watched as the whole scene went down. The security guards came over to me and hauled me away towards the front desk.

“What do you think you’re doing?” asked the big, black man. He didn’t seem mad at me but he did seem a little frustrated.

“It’s their fault my friend is dying! I took my anger out on them like they deserve.” The two guards nodded and walked away after telling me not to hit them again. I turned to the nurse at the desk and asked her where Jake was. She escorted me to his room.

I walked in as she left me and I fell to my knees. Jake was bleeding everywhere, his face was torn up, his right arm was in a cast, and his left leg was in one as well. He looked horrible; it hurt me just to see him. All of the wires and tubes in him brought tears to my eyes. Jake is practically my brother and seeing him in such a state is killing me.

I knew what I had to do. I wiped away my tears and dug out my cell; I dialed Johnny’s number and waited for him to answer. “Johnny?”

“Blake what’s wrong? You sound like you were crying?”

I huffed out as I leaned against the wall, still sitting on the floor. “It’s Jake. You know how he called me after his and Janie’s fight? Well I got a call from the hospital and he is dying. He got into a car crash with Carter and Dean. Those two scumbags are alright but he isn’t. You need to tell Janelle so she can come over here before it is too late. I’m already here with him.”

The line was quiet for a few minutes before he spoke up, “This is horrible! She is going to be devastated, Blake! I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to tell her now because she is sleeping and if she finds out I know she won’t sleep for days!”

I sighed as tears dripped from my eyes, fucking up my makeup. “Johnny! You need to tell her before Jake dies! She’ll never forgive you if he dies and you didn’t wake her up to come and take her to see him one last time!”

“You’re right,” he mumbled. I could tell this was killing him. He really loves Janelle and he doesn’t want to see her upset. He doesn’t want her to deal with losing her brother but he has to tell her now.

“Go wake her up. I’m staying until he passes or until they make me leave. Just go tell her.”

“Thanks Blake, I’ll make sure she knows. Okay, bye,” he hung up on me and I put my phone away. I started to ball there on the floor, I didn’t want to see Jake die. It’s too early for him, I love him.

I sucked it in and stood up before making my way to his side. I grabbed his hand and kissed it, not caring about the blood all over it. I don’t know how long I sat there and stared at him but it was quite some time.

My phone started to go off again; I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Johnny. I answered on the third ring.

“She doesn’t believe me! She and I got into a fight and now she is all upset. Janelle thinks I lied to her,” he freaked out.

I shut my eyes with frustration; it’s just like her not to believe someone about something as serious as this. “Are you still with her?”

“No! She kicked me out! I’m worried about her but I don’t know what to do.”

“Johnny, calm down. Just go back home and rest. I’ll call you in the morning. I’ll make her come over here. I’ll make sure she is safe. I swear.”

I heard his engine start. “Thanks. Don’t forget to call me by noon at the latest! Otherwise I’m going to assume something bad has happened.”

I hung up on him and searched for Janelle’s number in my contacts. Johnny gave it to me; he said I might need it. Who would have thought he was right? I texted Janie telling her that Johnny wasn’t lying to her.

*******


We were holding each other like we never have before. Crying in each other’s arms over what was going to happen any minute. I felt all hatred and anger leave me; I knew I was forgiving her and forgetting the past. Just like Jake would have wanted.

Just then the monitor stopped beeping, we looked up and we noticed it was the one that was telling us his heart rate. We both started to cry more but I yelled for a doctor. Soon one ran in with a few nurses, they tried to revive Jake but it was no use. He was gone.

We sat on the floor; I was holding Janelle in my arms as she cried uncontrollably. I felt tears trickle down my cheeks but I sucked it in, I knew I had to be strong for Janelle right now.

“Shh, don’t cry,” I whispered in her ear. I moved the blond and pink hair from her bright pink face. I rubbed my thumbs on her cheeks, wiping away the tears. Her puffy, red eyes were staring at me. More tears threatening to come out again.

“Why? Why him, Blake? He is too young! Why couldn’t it have been me? I’m the failure! I’m the one that no one loves! No one cares about! He was supposed to make my parents happy!” she screamed at me, breaking down again.

My heart broke in two, she was breaking down in front of me and I couldn’t stop it. “Janelle! Quit talking like that! It was his time to leave! You couldn’t have stopped it even if you wanted to!” I told her, upset she was speaking like that. “You aren’t a failure! I’m so proud of you and so is Johnny! Your parents would be too if they could see you! You turned out more than perfect. Johnny and I love you; if you would have died then I don’t know what I would do. You are my best friend, you always will be.”

I squeezed Janelle and started to cry, I couldn’t help it. I was not only devastated but I was also opening up to her. I was letting her know that I never stopped caring about her. I never told anyone how much I missed having Janie around until now. I refused to let it phase me but I knew that this was the time to open up.

She pulled away with a small smile on her face. “Are you serious? I thought you hated me.”

I giggled despite myself. “No! I’ve always missed you! I just didn’t want to show it. You know me, tough as nails!” We both giggled. “I’m sorry for hurting you when I saw you on the bus, I’m sorry for the rumors. I’m sorry for accusing you; I’m just sorry about everything!”

She hugged me and whispered into my ear, “It’s okay, I forgive you. I’m sorry too. It was both of our faults so don’t take the blame.”

I may have just lost someone dear to me tonight, but I also gained my best friend because of it. I think that’s what Jake would have wanted. He was always so sad that Janelle and I quit talking; I think this would have made him happy. They say everything happens for a reason. I think Jake’s reason for dying was to bring me and Janelle back together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blake

I am not saying sorry for how long it took to post this because NO ONE COMMENTED! Sorry for being comment-nazis but you guys never comment! We know you read yet you don't comment! WTF! When I read stories, I comment every single chapter. It would mean a lot for you guys to do the same. We like to know what you think. :)
Especially with a chapter like this! A lot happened! And it's a pretty long chapter. I spent all night writing it! NOW COMMENT!