Love Song of the Sea

Rescue me.

Image


“So, Goatboy. Got any threes?” I questioned, glancing at him over my handful of cards.

“For the last time, it’s GROVER! …no, go fish!” He replied, pausing for effect.

“Why, Grover. You lie! You had a three just a minute ago!” Mother interjected.

“How’d you know? Wait, CHEATER!” Goatboy cried in outrage as I gasped.

“YOU DID HAVE A MOTHERFUCKING THREE!” I exclaimed.

It’s probably not normal for a half Siren, half God to be pissed off because a Satyr cheated her at a game of Goldfish that they were playing to pass the time in Hell, just saying.

“Alright, where is it?” I replied much more calmly after mother shot me an appalled look at how upset I had become.

“I’ll search him. . .” mother offered swiftly.

“I uh, I ate it. . .” Grover admitted sheepishly.

Again?!” I cried, tossing my cards down in complete outrage.

“Ugh, GO TO HELL GOATBOY!” I said, flipping him the bird.

“We’re already there.” He replied boredly although he sported an amused expression.

I stomped my foot at him, throwing tantrums was a habit I had attained from my father.

“Technically, we call this place the Underworld~” I stated snidely before a booming voice interrupted my pissed off moment.

Grover Underwood the Satyr! You are to be returned to Camp Half Blood at the request of a young Percy Jackson!” A voice declared as Grover began to disappear.

“Whoa, Zeus?” He questioned in surprise, gasping along with mother and I.

“Looks like he came through for you, eh?” I questioned as mother sighed.

“There goes another one. . .”

- - -


After his whole, take over Olympus with the help of the lightning bolt plan went awry, father was not pleased, to say the very least.

“PERSEPHONE! ANDROMEDA! YOU TWO HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!” He roared, slapping my mother across the face.

She bit her lip before scoffing, attempting to seem braver then she really was when he got like this.
“KICK ME OUT THEN, YOU PIG! WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITHOUT US, REALLY?!” She shouted, clenching her fists in anger.

“YOU’D BE ALL ALONE! BECAUSE YOU’D HAVE NO ONE ELSE TO FORCE TO SPEND TIME WITH YOU! LET ALONE ENJOY IT! WHY DON’T YOU JUST FUCK OFF AND GO COURT ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR PRECIOUS MORTALS?! HAVE LITTLE DEMIGOD BABIES THAT WOULD SURELY PISS YOUR BROTHERS OFF! MAYBE ZEUS WILL TAKE PITY ON ME AND SMITE YOUR SORRY—”

Mother rambled, throwing her hands up in exasperation.

ENOUGH PERSEPHONE!” he roared as the Hellhounds cowered in fear.

He slapped a hand to his face in aggravation before letting it fall to his side.

“Thank well, me, that it’s time for you to leave for the year, darling.” Father stated with a smirk.

He of course was referring to the whole, Persephone’s allotted time away thing, you know? If you don’t I’m sure you could look up the abduction of Persephone on Wikipedia or something. It’s the reason for winter after all, not that I’ve ever experienced seasons, and oh. I’m rambling, aren’t I?

GOOD! I’M GOING TO MOTHER’S!” she exclaimed and just like that she stormed out of Hell, which is quite the feat if you ask me.

“I hate it when mom and dad fight. . .” I sighed to Coco who seemed as if she could understand me well enough as she whined.

“Strike that, I just hate my life. . .” I stated overdramatically, reclining back on a soft red couch.

“Say, father. You’ve been so mad lately. Why is that?” I taunted, looking at where he sat in his throne looking chair.

He rolled his eyes at me before shooing me out of his lair.

“What to do? What to do?” I asked myself, scampering around the castle of sorts, Coco hot on my trail.

“Oh! I know! I’ll have a chat with Paulo♥~” I stated.

I made to the outside of the castle and rolled my eyes at the beautiful scenery.

“Paulo! Coco and I want to go for a ride~” I shouted out across the dark abyss that is known as the Underworld.

Slowly, but surely a boat came into view and who would be seated in it but the one, the only: Paulo!

Paulo was the ingenious name I came up with for the toll guy at the River Styx, naturally his real name—if he has one, is probably something cheesy yet fitting like Morty, but, I’m Hades daughter, so around here what I say goes. . .unless father overrides it, of course.

“Lady Andromeda,” He nodded, although not even a hint of a smile appeared on his face.

“Not happy to see us, Paulo?” I inquired blandly.

“Not the beast, no.” He concluded, glaring at Coco who snapped at him with her scary teeth.

“She can’t have a ride? Not even this once?” I questioned, pouting cutely.

“For the Gods sake, of course not!” He stated, his tone laced with annoyance.

Fineee~” I drawled before scratching Coco behind the ears and then ordering that she go inside.

Happily I hopped inside his tiny boat, handing Paulo a few drachmas while I was at it.

After pocketing the drachmas, he was dieing to take me for a ride around Hell.

Hah.

- - -


After returning to the castle and taking a bit of a nap, I was awoken by the noise of footsteps and muffled voices echoing throughout the castle.

“What’s this?” I inquired, quirking a brow at our guests.

“Andromeda! You’ve some explaining to do, darling~” Father shouted, pointing a finger at me as I eventually found my way to the center of chaos.

It seems that we had visitors yet again, pft.

The last time we had visitors, it had to do with that lightning thing that got father so testy. . .Wait a minute! I glanced around at the guests that we had and were surprised to see Percy, Goatboy, and an older man that quite resembled Percy.

“Who’re you?” I questioned, directing my question to the older man.

Poseidon, Lord of the Sea~” He smiled as I promptly bowed to him.

Father looked completely outraged that I would do such a thing to his sibling/rival.

ANDROMEDA!” He cried, grinding his teeth.

“Father, he is Lord of the sea. Being part siren compels me to show him respect. . .” I trailed off, smiling sheepishly at everybody.

Father did not look to pleased at this, so I decided to add something for good measure.

“But the half of me that is Princess of the Underworld compels me to want to spit in his devilishly good looking face?” I offered with a shrug.

". . .better.” He sniffed, running a hand through his unruly locks.

“Anyway. . .” I stated, turning back to face our guests.

“What do I owe the honor of a visit from, Poseidon, Goatboy, and Percy Jackson?” I questioned.

“IT’S GROVER UNDERWOOD!” Goatboy stated firmly.

“Refrain from raising your voice at my daughter!” father warned, it was things like this that allowed me to know that he cared - even if it was only a little bit.

“Hades, brother! It’s been a long time. . .” Poseidon stated in what I assume was supposed to be a fond tone of voice.

“Poseidon, it really has been too long~” Father stated and his voice matched his brother’s false fondness down to a tee.

“We’re here to rescue Andromeda!” Percy interjected boldly as I gasped.

“Rescue, you say?” Father inquired, rubbing his stubbly face in thought.

“My, my, and Poseidon, Lord of the Sea, came all this way, just so you lot could rescue my daughter?” father added mockingly.

“Persephone said—” Goatboy began only to have father interrupt.

“That I won’t permit Andromeda to leave, yadda, yadda, yadda. Correct?” Father questioned, flicking his wrist as he talked.

“Well, if I won’t let her leave when my wife requests it, why would you assume that just because you riffraff brought my brother that it would be any different?! I absolutely forbid it. She is to stay here with me where I can keep an eye on her!” father ordered as my expression became distraught.

“BUT FATHER I—” I protested weakly.

“I’ll have none of this, this mutiny, Andromeda! Now say goodbye to your little friends!” Father stated, walking off in a huff.

I felt tears well up in my eyes as Percy stepped forward.

“Hi, I’m Percy Jackson – son of Poseidon.” He stated warmly, holding out his hand despite the currently forlorn situation.

“Andromeda – daughter of Hades.” I retorted, taking his hand ever so gently.

He pulled me into a hug and I'm embarrassed to admit that I blushed the color of the fire outside our windows.

“I’ll be back for you, Andromeda - Daughter of Hades.” He promised quietly into my ear.

You know what’s funny about Percy Jackson? This boy I’ve just recently met?

I believed him.