Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Done :)

He Could Be the One

A Picnic Six Feet Under The Stars

After a good game of mini-golf, Jonathan ended up winning by default.
“You kept score with happy faces and sad faces?” he asked, trying his hardest not to laugh.
“Hey don’t judge me, Barakitty taught me that. We have yet to move to the number system.”
Jonathan finally cracked and laughed out loud, literally LOL. I couldn’t help but giggle. Awh his laugh is so cute. We had already returned our equipment and were making our way to his truck. Once I reached my door, I turned around and saw that he had trailed behind a bit looking at his phone. I jogged over to where he was to see what was up.
“Is everything ok?”
He smiled and nodded as he stuck his phone back in his pocket. “Yea, everything’s great.”
“Uh ok?”
Jonathan then took a hold of my hand and led me down an empty trail not too far from where we were standing.
“Jonathan, where are we going?”
“You’ll see.”
After about 10 minutes of walking down the unknown trail, we finally stopped. Jonathan let go of my hand and just looked down at me with a smile on his face.
“Close your eyes.”
“What, why?”
“Just trust me.”
I finally nodded and did what I was told. I could feel him walk behind and place his hand over my eyes.
“Hey!”
He chuckled. “Relax I’m just making sure you can’t see anything.”
I could feel his chest pressed up against my back, along with every breath he took. Oh dear gosh, he’s not gonna rape me right? Then again you can’t rape the willing.
“Ok ready?”
“For what?”
I then heard bushes moving which caused me to jump a bit.
“Oh my gosh what was that?”
“Chill Sevie, it was just me.”
We slowly began walking forward. Where the fuck is this kid taking me? After only a few steps, we came to another stop.
“Ready to open your eyes?”
“Depends if I’m about to see something good or bad.”
“I think you’ll like it.”
He then removed his hand that was over my eyes.
“Ok open.”
I slowly opened my eyes. I was amazed at the scenery before me. Then moon was in the clear cloudless sky as it shined on the clear lake before us.
“Oh my gosh, it’s so beautiful.”
“Told ya you’d like it.” He then took a hold of my hand again. “Come over here.”
I followed him as he led me up a small hill. Right in the center of the hill, there laid a picnic blanket with a basket on top of it.
“Awh a picnic? That’s so cute.”
We made our way over to the blanket and took a seat.
“You really didn’t have to fo all out like this.”
“I know but I wanted to, for you.”
His comment made me blush; Jonathan began to take out all the food that was in the basket. There was fruit, sandwiches, and even a pie. Everything was just so adorable. Out of nowhere, my phone began to vibrate. I checked who it was and it turned out to be a text from Jack.
From: Barakitty<3
Anything from Zack yet?

I quickly texted him back.
To: Barakitty<3
No but what’s going on Jack? Tell me please

I waited for a reply back but instead got nothing. What are they hiding?
“Sevie?”
I looked up and saw Jonathan looking a bit worried.
“Was it your missing friend?”
I shook my head. “No it was Barakitty. He texted me and asked if I’ve heard from our missing friend.”
“You guys must be really close, you and this missing friend of yours.”
“You have no idea…” I mumbled.
“Tell me about him.”
I sighed. “His name is Zack. Both out parents are like really close so that’s how he and I met. When I was around 2 years old, my family moved from Houston to Towson Maryland.”
“Why move so far?”
“Zack’s dad helped my dad get transferred over there. When we got there, I met Zack. He never really talked at first but when he finally opened up more, we became best friends. He and I were inseparable. We both made the same friends like in the 1st grade, where we met Axel and Matt.”
“So you’re all from Maryland?”
I nodded. “Zack and I were always together. In school, I would always get picked on and pushed around just cause I was what they called a ‘nerd’ or a ‘freak’ but Zack was always there to defend me. He would get into so many fights because of me. I always cried when he did.”
“He seems like an overprotective guy.”
“Yea he is.”
“Yesterday you told me that you me Claudia in 6th grade and Toma in 9th, do they know Zack too?”
I nodded. “Mhmm yep they know him but as much. 9th grade things changed between me and him.”
“Why’s that?”
“Well in 9th grade, Zack joined a band with Barakitty, my ‘older brother’ Ri, and uh…Lexi.”
“So I take it you guys barely had time for one another?”
“Yea, pretty much. He did his thing with his band and I did mine with my own band. When we did hang out though, we always ended up getting into an argument.”
“I see, are you two still talking?”
“Yea somewhat.” I sighed.
“What is it?”
“Sorry if I’m like totally boring you with my story.”
He shook his head and smiled. “Not at all.”
“You’re just saying that.”
Jonathan chuckled. “I’m being totally serious.”
I smiled. We then continued the rest of the night enjoying our picnic and beautiful scenery without bringing Zack up anymore. Jonathan then checked his watch.
“Oh wow.”
“What’s the matter?” I pouted.
He smiled. “It’s almost twelve in the morning.”
“Oh my gosh, do you think the park is closed?”
He shook his head. “Don’t worry; my uncle is friends with the owner so I got to borrow the key to the gate.”
“Nice.” I giggled.
“We should get going before certain people get the wrong idea.” He chuckled.
“You mean Axel?”
“I wasn’t gonna say names but...”
We both ended up laughing. After calming down, we gathered everything up and walked to his truck, hand in hand. Being the gentleman that he is, Jonathan opened my door for me and closed it once I was in. We finally took off toward my house right after locking the gate to the park. Shortly after, we arrived to my house. All the lights were off, except the living rooms.
“Seems like someone is still awake.” I said.
I got out of Jonathan’s truck right when he turned it off and got out himself. He and I then walked to the front door.
“So…” He started off.
I smiled. “I had an awesome time. I’ll be honest; I’ve never been on a date as cute as this one before.”
He smiled. “I’m glad you like it. Maybe we can have another one soon?”
I giggled and nodded. “I’d really like that, Square.”
Jonathan’s face then turned red. Awh…
“How did you find out about my…”
“Caleb might’ve mentioned it this morning.” I smiled.
“That Caleb I swear.” He chuckled.
We stood there for a couple more minutes.
“Well I netter start heading home, it’s getting pretty late.”
I nodded. “Alright, text me.”
“Call you.” He smiled.
Jonathan then pulled me into another one of his amazing hugs. I swear I could’ve stayed in his arms forever. We slowly then pulled away and as we did, our eyes met. I saw him glance at my lips just as I glanced at his. Within seconds, his warm lips were pressed against mine. The sweet kiss then turned into a passionate one. We were then interrupted by a phone ringing. At first he hesitated to break the kiss, but Jonathan eventually did. He pulled out his phone to check who it was while I stood there completely red. Holy Shit! I then heard him sigh.
“What’s the matter?” I asked.
“It was Caleb. He wants me to stop by the gas station and buy some booze.”
“Oh ok.” I sighed. Disappointment…
I felt him put his hand on my cheek and softly place a quick kiss on my lips.
“I’ll see ya around.”
I nodded and pecked him on the lips. He smiled and started making his way towards his truck. Jonathan got into the driver’s seat and then took off down the street. I walked into my house and locked the door behind me. Best. Date. Ever. <3
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?