Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Done :)

He Could Be the One

A Friend's Betrayel

As I was about to head up to my room, I heard giggles coming from the living room. I smiled and shook my head as I made my way into the room where I found Toma and Claudia sitting/ laying on the ground as Toy Story 2 played on the flat screen TV.
“So…did your date go well?” Toma asked.
“Of course it did Toma, did you not see them sucking face outside?” Claudia teased.
I fell into the sofa and hid my face as it slowly heat up.
“You guys were spying?”
“Maybe.” They both said.
I couldn’t help but laugh. I calmed down and just looked at them.
“So how come you guys are still awake?”
“The guys left to Austin’s place for a guy’s night.” Toma said.
That would explain Caleb’s text.
“Then let’s have another girl’s night.”
“Yea!” Claudia yelled.
“I can invite Sam.”
“Who’s Sam?”
“She’s this girl Sevie met at the mall today.” Toma answered.
“Yep, so who’s doing what?” I asked.
“I’ll get snacks!” Claudia yelled.
“I shall pick le movies.” Toma said.
“Alright then, I’ll go call Sam and change into my pjs.”
We all nodded and went off to do our jobs. Before changing out of my clothes, I called Sam right when I got to my room.
“Hello?”
“Hey Sam, it’s me Sevie.”
“Hey there girlie, did you just get back from your date with Jonathan?”
“Heh yea.”
“Dang, how did it go?”
“It was beyond adorable.”
“Awh, well that’s fucking fantastic Sevie.”
I giggled. “Hey Toma, our tour manager Claudia, and I are having a girl’s night since the guys are out having a guy’s night, you in?”
“Hells yeah I’m in!”
“Yay! I’ll text you the directions.”
“Alrighty then, see ya soon.”
We then hung and I texted her directions to the house. After the message sent, I placed my phone on the bed and headed over to my closet to change into so pjs. When I was done changing, I put my hair up in a ponytail, grabbed my phone and headed downstairs. Right when I was about to take a seat on the couch, I heard a knock on the door. I walked over and answered.
“Sam!”
Sam stood there in her pjs, with a bag over her shoulder.
“You got here fast.”
“Well believe it or not, I actually live around here.”
“Seriously? That’s awesome. We should totally party at your place someday.”
She nodded. “Hells yeah!”
I giggled and let her in. she placed her bag at the foot of the stairs and I led her to the living room where Toma and Claudia were already at.
“Sam you remember Toma right?”
She nodded then looked at Claudia. “That must make you Claudia then.”
Claudia nodded and smiled. “Hiya!”
Once everyone was acquainted, we began the night with ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’. Right in the middle of the movie, my phone rang, startling everyone. I got popcorn thrown at me as I made my way out back to the patio. I looked at the caller ID to see who it was. Muscles. I instantly answered.
“Zack!”
“Hey Sev.”
“Oh my gosh, thank god. Jack and Rian kept texting me asking about you. Are you ok?”
“Not really.”
“Zack, what’s wrong?”
“Claire, I think I fucked up.”
“Fucked up? Zachary Steven Merrick, what are you talking about?”
“I’m always the one that fucks up our friendship.”
“Zack, no you’re not. I’ve fucked up before too, remember? Seriously though, what’s this about?”
He sighed. “I’m so sorry.”
“Sorry, for what?”
“Lying to you.”
“Lying to me, about what?”
“Remember that day you found out Alex was cheating on with Lisa and you asked me, Jack, and Rian if we knew anything about it?”
“Yea...wait, ya’ll knew?”
“Jack and Rian didn’t…I did.”
There as a pause. I could feel tears begin to build up in the corners of my eyes.
“How long did you know about them?’
“Since the very beginning.”
“Damnit Zack, why didn’t you fucking say anything from the very beginning?!”
“Claire calm down and let me explain.”
“What is there to explain Merrick?! You knew Alex was fucking that tramp behind my back. Do you not remember all the shit I had to go through because of her?!”
“Claire…”
Tears started to roll down my cheeks.
“How could you Zack?! We’ve been best friends since we were tiny lil kids. We told each other everything, no matter how awful.”
“Alex is my best friend too…”
“Oh so you chose him?”
“No, no, no that’s not what I meant…”
“You know what, I don’t fucking care anymore!”
Tears kept sliding down my cheeks one after the other.
“C-Claire, I’m sorry.”
I could hear that even he was crying by the tone of his voice.
“No, the only person who should be fucking sorry is me!”
“Why…”
“For ever trusting, relying, and depending on you like a ‘best friend’.”
“Claire, please…”
“No Zack! At the moment, you’re completely dead to me.”
“Claire!”
“Just leave me the fuck alone Zack!”
I hung up and cried as hard as I possibly could. How could he have not told me about Alex and Lisa before? I wouldn’t have suffered so much if he did. DAMNIT ZACK!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?