Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Done :)

He Could Be the One

Comfortably Confused

Claudia's POV
when the ending credits for the movie began rolling, Sam and Toma rummaged around for the next movie. I look around the living room and saw that Sevie still wasn't back.
"Guys, I’m worried about Sev. I wonder who called her..."
"Maybe it was Jonathan." Toma said as she continued to look through the pile of movies in front of her.
Suddenly I heard the back door slam. I quickly made way to the hallway and saw Sevie making her way up the stairs.
"Sev, is everything ok?"
I felt Toma and Sam gather behind me. Sevie turned to up.
"I'm heading off to bed. Good night."
I noticed the tears slowly forming in the corners of her red eyes. I slowly made my way to her.
"Sev, what happened?"
Her fake smile instantly faded away as tears began sliding down her cheeks, one after the other. Sevie then ran up the stairs towards her room. I ran right behind her but was cut off when her bedroom door slammed in my face. I tried opening it but it was locked forcing me to knock on her door.
"Sevie, open up."
I put my ear to her door and heard her crying.
Claire...
I backed away from the door. Toma then knocked on the door.
"Sevie, talk to us."
We didn't get a response. Fuck!
"What if we call Jonathan?"
Toma and I looked at each other then at Sam. The three of us then headed back downstairs.
"Do you think he'll be able to talk to her?" Toma asked.
"There's only one way to find out."
I pulled out my phone as Toma and Sam headed back up stairs to check up on Sevie. I dialed Caleb's number and after two rings he picked up.
"Well hello there beautiful, shouldn't you be asleep?"
"Oh hush you. Is Jonathan there?"
"Jonathan, uh yea he's here. Why?"
"It's Sevie. Something happened and now she's locked up in her room. She refuses to come out and talk."
"So you wanna see if Jonathan can talk to her?"
"Yes exactly Caleb."
"Ok I’ll tell him to head over. What about the guys?"
"Don't tell them anything. Let them have their fun. I just really think Jonathan is the only one who's able to fix this."
"Alright. Call me and let me know what happens."
I nodded even though I knew he wouldn't see. "I will Caleb.
We said our goodbyes and hung up. Please hurry Jonathan....
Jonathan's POV (15minutes after Claudia's call)
Sevie, please be ok.
I was driving as fast as I could back to Sevie's place after Caleb told me what was going on.
Moments Before...
I was talking and laughing with Axel and Matt right after placing the beer Caleb had requested in the fridge.
"So when are you guys gonna play another gig?" Matt asked me as he drank his beer.
"I don't know, right now we're working on some new material for this upcoming album."
"Ya'll have a new album in the works, when are you guys planning on releasing it?" Axel asked.
"We sure are. We haven't really decided on a release date yet but we're thinking maybe around early 2011."
"Nice, that gives you guys plenty of time. How much have you guys managed to finish?"
"Quite a bit. We're still seeing what we can change here and there."
"Can't wait to hear the new material." Matt said.
As I continued talking to them, Caleb showed up out of nowhere.
"Hey there fellas, what's up? Jonathan mind if I talk to ya for a bit?"
"Uh...sure."
Axel and Matt then walked off leaving me alone with Caleb.
"So what's up Cay?"
"Dude you need to head back to Sev's."
"What's going on? Did something happen to her?" I'd be lying if I said I wasn't panicking.
"Well I don't know much about the situation but Claudia called me and told me that Sevie's locked up in room crying over something and she refuses to come out."
She must've heard from... "Zack..."
"Zack?"
"He's one of Sevie's childhood friends, it's a long story. I gotta go." I bolted out of Austin's house without getting noticed, got in my truck and drove off.
Present
I pulled into Sevie's driveway, turned off my truck, and ran to the front door. I knocked and at one knock the door opened.
"Jonathan..." Claudia said.
"Where is she?"
"Upstairs, second door to your right."
I nodded and hurried up the stairs towards Sevie's room. Standing outside in the hallway outside her door were Toma and some girl I didn't know. Toma looked at me and nodded.
"Let's go Sam." Toma whispered to the girl. Soon after both girls made their way downstairs leaving me alone in the hallway. I walked up to Sevie's door and could right away hear her crying inside. I took a deep breath and knocked.
"Go away Toma!"
"I-it's me Jonathan, can I come in....please..."
Everything went quiet. Suddenly the door unlocked and opened. I made my way into her room and saw Sevie standing behind her door. She slowly closed it.
"Sev..."
Before I could even finish saying her name, Sevie was already clinging to my shirt crying into it. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close. She was shaking as she cried. I broke the hug and walked her over to her bed. We just laid there, with her head on my chest.
"Was it about Zack?"
I felt her nod. "Yea..."
"I see."
"I'm such a fool..."
I looked down at her. "Why would say that?"
"He fooled me for the longest time. He kept something extremely important hidden from me."
"What did he keep hidden from you, if you don't mind me asking that is?"
She sat up and looked at me. "Remember Lexi?"
I sat up as well. "Zack's band mate right, yea what about him?"
She nodded and sighed. "He and I...well we dated for almost 5 years. About 11 months ago, I found out Lexi was cheating on me the whole time with this girl that made my life a living hell growing up. I really loved him. H-he was my whole world and he went and cheated on me."
At that point I didn't know what to say. I just sat there looking at her, feeling her pain.
"And Zack, who I thought was my best friend, knew the entire time. He knew what was going on from the very beginning and never spoke anything of it. Zack took that douche bag’s side."
Tears the slid down her face. I tightly but gently embraced her. She continued to cry only this time on my shoulder. We laid back onto the bed without breaking our hug. Soon enough, Sevie was fast asleep. I slowly loosened my grip on her and got up off the bed. I placed the covers over her and kissed the top of her head before making my way to the bedroom door. As I grabbed a hold of the doorknob, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.
"Please don't leave..."
"Sevie I have..."
"Please stay Jonathan."
She then let go of me, allowing me to turn around and face her. I can't just leave her like this...
I nodded. "Alright I’ll stay."
She took a hold of my hand and led me to her back to her bed. As she got in, I took off my shoes, hat, watch, and necklace and placed them all on her nightstand. I slipped out of my jeans leaving only my shirt and boxers on as I crawled into bed with her. Sevie snuggled in next to me and pulled the covers over us. Within seconds, she was already asleep. I just laid there staring at the ceiling before finally going to sleep. The last thing I heard was a very faint 'Thank you.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?