Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Done :)

He Could Be the One

I Just Want To Make You Mine

Jonathan’s POV
I woke up to my phone going off at 10am. You’d think I’d be used to stuff like this since we tour a lot but no; I’m not a fan of waking up in the morning. Today though was a bit different, today was Sevie’s birthday. I slowly sat up in bed and sighed. I hope today’s show shows her how much I wanna make her mine. I got out of bed and headed off to take a shower before the guys showed up. After about a good 10-15 minutes I was done and fully dressed. At around 11:30am, I heard the doorbell ring. I walked over to the front door and opened the door.
“Hey what’s up guys?”
One by one, Caleb, Marc, Austin, Ziggy, Rico, and Kyle made their way inside.
“You ready for today?” Austin asked as I shut the door.
I sighed. “To be honest, it truly hasn’t hit me yet.”
“You’ve gotta be kidding me dude. The whole reason you wrote that song for Sevie is because you’re ready right? I’ve known you for a long time Jonathan; I’ve never seen you this hooked on girl ever.” Kyle said.
I glared at him a bit. This coming from the guy that my ex cheated on me with…
“Plus I think this time it’ll be different than last time.” Caleb smiled.
I smiled back. “Heh thanks guys.”
I noticed Austin texting away on his phone then putting it in his pocket. “Have you guys said happy birthday to Sev yet? Sam wants to make sure that everyone does.”
Right when Austin said that, everyone around me took out their phones and texted away. I just smiled and shook head as I made my way to the kitchen. As I was getting a glass of water, the guys made their way into the kitchen.
“So Jonathan?”
“Yes Rico?”
“How exactly are you gonna go about serenading Sevie with this new song?”
“Yea man, how?” Ziggy asked.
I shrugged. “I don’t know. I do know that I really wanna make it special, but to how I’m gonna do that beats me.”
“I guess it’ll hit you once we get to the venue.” Marc said.
“Guess so.”
After chatting it up for a while, we all headed out to meet up with Robi. All throughout the day, Marc’s sister, who also happened to be Kyle’s step-sister, Elizabeth, was with everyone from The Party Scene filling us in on what they were currently doing. Right now they were at the mall meeting up with some of their fans. The guys and I decided to get to the venue early to set up everything that way nothing could go wrong. A few hours later, we did a small sound check just to make sure everything sounded right and in its place. After that we headed back to this room and got decked out in the show’s/ party’s theme. As everyone was getting dressed, Marc’s phone went off and he answered.
“Ya’ll are here? Alright uh I’ll ask Robi to go let you guys in.” He hung up and placed the phone in his pocket. “Everyone’s here. Should we start letting the kids in now?”
“Yea dude let them in. We can’t have a party without them.” I said.
Marc nodded and left the room to, I think, find Robi. A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. No one seemed to have heard it, so I got up and went to answer the door. Suddenly a petite girl wrapped their arms around my neck and hugged me.
“Jonathan!”
I pulled away and looked down at her. “Erika?”
“Hey there stranger.”
I hugged her again and stepped out of the room. “How have you been?”
“I’ve been good, what about you?”
“I’ve been great actually.”
She looked at me strangely and then smiled. “Oh I see.”
“Yea…”
“So are you gonna tell me who she is or not?”
“What are you talking about?”
“You’re radiating with love right now.”
“Is it that obvious?”
She nodded. “Mhmm so spill Cook.”
I sighed and smiled. “Alright well I met her 2 months ago. I saw her at Starbucks and then later on that same day I saw her, we all went over to some friend’s house for dinner and she was there. It turned out that her and our friends were all in a band.”
“Oh so she’s in a band?”
“Yea, she’s the lead singer of The Party Scene.”
“Oh I’ve heard of them but I don’t really know what they all look like. Anyway continue please.”
“Alright well we started off picking on each other right off the bat and then later on we got to know each other a lot more. She’s really cool and I don’t know I just ended up falling for her then and there. I ended up asking her out and we’ve been going on dates ever since but we just haven’t gone official ya know?”
Erika nodded. “I gotcha, so what are you gonna do about it?”
“Well I wrote this song for her that I’m planning on singing to her tonight since it’s her birthday today.”
“That’s cute; I wish you the best of luck.”
I nodded and smiled. “Thanks Erika.”
She then hugged me and I hugged her back. She also planted a kiss on the corner of my lips. What the… I was then startled by the dressing room door opening. Erika and I quickly broke apart and that’s when I saw her, standing just a few feet away. Her eyes were glued on Erika. She can’t think that we just….
“Sevie…”
She looked away from Erika and then looked straight at me. That’s when I noticed tears slowly forming in her eyes. “Sorry if I interrupted, I just wanted to uh come wish ya’ll good luck out there. So uh yea good luck.”
Sevie then turned around and began walking away.
“Sevie wait, come back!”
Before I knew it, she was gone. I ran my hands through my hair and paced back and forth down the hallway. No, no, no, no, no! This can’t be happening right now. Dang it, what am I gonna do?!
“Jonathan…”
I turned around and looked at Erika. “I think its best that you left.”
She sighed and nodded. “Alright, I’ll leave. Good luck Jonathan.”
Erika makes her way down the same hallway as Sevie and disappears around the corner.
“Dude is everything ok?”
I turn around and see Caleb standing at the room door with Kyle, Austin, and Marc right behind him. I sighed and made my way passed them. I fell onto the nearest couch there and stared up at the ceiling.
“Jonathan, what happened?” Kyle asked.
“It’s Sevie; I think I just ruined my chances with her.”
“What do you mean?” Austin asked.
I sat up straight and looked at them all. “She saw me with Erika.”
“What does that have to do with anything though? You and Erika are broke up a year ago. Ya’ll are just friends.” Kyle said.
“Yea we broke cause of you, remember?” Kyle looked away and just sat there in shame. “Anyway, Erika kissed me.”
“Oh now I get it.” Caleb said.
I sighed. “I don’t know what to do now.”
“Well you still have that song you wrote for Sev.”
I looked at Marc and shrugged. “Yea I know I do but what if she left already?”
“Kyle and I will go check.” Caleb said going out of the room followed by Kyle.
“So you’re just gonna give up, just like that?” Austin asked.
“I don’t know man.”
Suddenly Kyle came back in running. “She’s still here. Axel and Matt are holding her back from leaving, now’s your chance to win her over Jonathan. ”
“Come on let’s get on stage.” Austin said pulling me up off the couch and pushing me out the door.
As we got closer to the stage, everyone but me walked out. It’s now or never. I sighed deeply and made my way on stage to the large crowd in front. I scanned the room real quick looking for Sevie, finally I spotting her by the front door of the venue with Axel and Matt. I took a deep breath, tried my best at a smile, and spoke into the microphone.
“What’s up Dallas? Before we start the show right with some new music, there’s something I have to say to a certain someone here today.”
I looked straight at Sevie and saw that I had now gained her full attention. I took another deep breath to calm my nerves.
“I met this awesome girl about 2 months ago and well I never expected it to happen but I guess you can say it was love at first sight.”
The crowd awed.
“Yea I know pretty cheesy but there’s no other way to describe it. I ended up asking her out and well yea we kissed on the first date, which I know that’s like the biggest no-no.”
The crowd laughed.
“But it doesn’t matter if it was a big no-no because this girl is special.”
The crowd then began to whisper with one another on who I could be talking about. I just smiled and looked at Sevie.
“Sevie, happy birthday. I hope you like this song.”
That when everyone began to play.
Just like summers after spring
You’ll be there for me
Just like my favorite song
I’ll put you on repeat.
Just like the air I breathe
You are my everything
Whoa-oh-oh oh, oh oh
You are my everything
Oh, oh here we go
I’ve never been loved like this before
Oh, oh here we go
Here we go!
When you come around, come around, I’ll be waiting for you
I just want to make you; I just want to make you mine
It’s alright; you can take all the time that you like
I just want to make you; I just want to make you mine.
A beautiful mystery
You keep me guessing.
You’re just like gravity
You keep me on my feet
Just like my next heart beat
You’ll be waiting for me
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Oh, oh here we go
I’ve never been loved like this before
Oh, oh here we go
Here we go!
When you come around, come around, I’ll be waiting for you
I just want to make you; I just want to make you mine
It’s alright; you can take all the time that you like
I just want to make you; I just want to make you mine.
I just want to make you

After the song was over, I saw Sevie making her way to the stage. I just jumped off of it and met her right in the middle of the floor.
“Was that song really for me?”
I smiled. “Yea it was.”
“But I saw you kissing that other girl…”
I shook my head and lied. “We weren’t kissing Sevie. It may have looked like that but it was just a friendly kiss on the cheek. That girl you saw was just a friend of mine.”
“Oh….wow I feel stupid. I started comparing you to Al….I mean Lexi and oh gosh....Jonathan I’m so sorry.”
“Don’t be sorry. I can understand why you’d do that but understand this Sevie, I will never EVER do what Lexi did to you, and I promise you that.”
Tears then slowly began sliding down her cheeks. I gently wiped them off and looked her straight in the eyes.
“I have one thing to ask you Sev.”
I noticed a small blush form across her face. “Wh-what is it?”
I smiled and took her hands into mine. “Sevie, will you be mine?”
She paused for a bit taking everything in and smiled. “Yes.”
Suddenly people around began cheering. I turned around and saw Sam and Axel then began chanting ‘Kiss her’ from the stage. I looked back at Sevie and caught her giggling at our friends. She then looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and before I knew it, my lips were pressed against hers. The cheering only got louder. I felt her arms wrap around my neck as mine wrapped around her waist pulling her closer to me.
“Get some Jonathan!”
I recognized Caleb’s voice from anywhere. I pulled away from Sevie and smiled along with her.
“This is the best birthday ever.”
I chuckled. “Why’s that?”
She giggled. “Well because I now have the cutest boyfriend ever.”
“Don’t forget you got some pretty awesome friends too.”
She turned around and saw Matt smiling there with everyone else behind him.
“Let’s not forget about the coolest people in the room right now, our fans!” Axel yelled.
The fans screamed and cheered.
“Robi bring it out!” I yelled.
Robi then came out rolling a cake out in front of everyone there.
“Everyone sing!” Elizabeth yelled.
Everyone in the room began singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Sevie. I held her close as everyone sang their heart out. After everyone finished singing and cake was handed out. We continued the show till about 2 in the morning. Around that time everything was packed and put away. I drove Sevie home while everyone else was given rides. Once we got to Sevie’s house, we both stepped out and I walked her to the door just like I did on our first date.
“I hope you had fun today.”
“I had the best time ever. This is one birthday I’ll never forget. I’m still sorry about what happened. I really shouldn’t have reacted like that.”
I shook my head and smiled. “Don’t worry about it Sev. I already told you its completely fine.”
“But I compared you to Lexi…”
“I know.”
“That’s bad though.”
“Sev…”
“I mean I wasn’t thinking when I was doing that…”
“Sev…”
“Gah I feel so horrible about it even more now.”
“Sev…”
“You must hate me now, gah I don’t blame you if you do…”
I smiled and shook my head as she ranted on and on until finally I got her to stop by kissing her on the lips again and again.
“I could never hate you Sev.”
It may have been dark at that moment but I knew she was blushing.
“So no more apologizing for what happened, it’s all in the past now ok?”
She nodded. “Ok.”
“Now it’s really late, you should head inside and get some rest. I promise to come over in the morning.”
“Alright, night Jonathan.”
“Night Sevie.”
I kissed her one last time on the lips before she finally went inside. I then made my way back to my truck and drove home, with a smile on my face. You did good today Jonathan, you did good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?