Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Done :)

He Could Be the One

Pins & Needles

After a few hours of walking around the mall and doing a bit of window shopping, Jonathan’s cell phone went off. He pulled it out from his jean pocket with his free hand and answered the call.
“Hey Cay…I’m at the mall with Sev, why...hmm let me ask her.” He looked over at me and smiled. “So Caleb, Claudia, and everyone are planning on going bowling, you up for it?”
I smiled and nodded. “Yea I’m down to kick that ginger’s butt.”
Jonathan chuckled and spoke into the phone. “Did you hear that Cay…alright, hold on.” He handed me his phone. “It’s for you.”
I took the phone from him and put it to my right ear. “Hello?”
“Those be some fightin words missy.”
“Oh yea so what if they are, what’cha gonna do about it gingy?”
“Oh you got jokes I see, we’ll see when I kick your ass.”
“Bring it on red head, you’re going down.” I then handed the phone back to my chuckling boyfriend.
“See ya soon.” After that, he hung up and stuck his phone back in his pocket. “I see you two are getting along.”
“I still hold a grudge against him for picking on me that first night we all met.” I smiled.
He took hold of both of my hands and placed his forehead against mine. “That’s the best day of my life.”
“Why?”
“It was the day that I met you.”
I blushed and smiled. “Jonathan Cook, why must you be so cheesy?”
“I thought you liked cheese.”
“Ah indeed I do.”
He smiled and placed a sweet long kiss on my lips. Once we pulled apart, we headed out to Jonathan’s truck and went straight to the bowling alley. On our way there, I was debating on whether or not to tell the girls about what Erika had told me. I really didn’t know what I should do. I needed all the help I could get. When e pulled into the bowling alley, we got out of the truck and headed inside. We walked up to the front desk and asked for some bowling shoes. As we sat down to change out of our regular shoes, I heard my named being yelled.
“SEVIE!!”
I look up and see Claudia and Matt running over to me. I just smiled and shook my head. “You guys draw too much attention.”
“So how was ya’lls date?” Matt asked.
“It was interesting.”
Jonathan smiled. “I ran into an old buddy of mine.” He looked over at me. “Want me to put your shoes with mine?”
I nodded and with that he picked up my shoes and pecked me on the cheek before walking off to hand in our shoes. While he did that I looked back to Matt and Claudia.
“There’s something I need to talk to you guys about.”
“What happened?” Claudia asked.
“I’ll tell ya’ll when we get home.” They both nodded.
Once I was done putting on my bowling shoes, Jonathan and I followed Claudia and Matt back to the others. When we got there they were all laughing and talking incredibly loud.
“Look who we found!” Claudia shouted.
“Hey you guys.” Sophie smiled.
“About time you got here, I was beginning to wonder what you two lovebirds were up to.” Axel chuckled.
Suddenly out of nowhere, Toma punched Axel in the gut.
“Damnit! Kyle can you please keep your demon of a girlfriend in check?!”
Kyle smiled and kissed Toma on the cheek. “I didn’t see her do anything wrong.”
“Alright enough with the bickering, I have a game to win here.” Caleb announced.
“Hey do you not remember what I said ginger, I kicking your butt.”
He walked over to me and looked down at me. “We’ll just see about that.”
We ended up having a classic ‘girls versus boys’ game. The teams were: Claudia, Sophie, Sam, Toma, and I against Caleb, Axel, Austin, Kyle, and Jonathan. Frank, Matt, and Ray were there to watch. Marc and Bonnie arrived a bit after the game had started. Halfway through the game the guys were in the lead with 15 more points than the girls. We decided to take a break from bowling and grab a bite to eat there at the alley. Right when we finished eating, we all went back to the game and finished it, with the girls winning in the end.
“Yeah we won!” I yelled.
I turned to Caleb and got in his face. “Ha I told you you were going down.”
“Whatever.”
“Admit defeat ginger.”
He shook his head and crossed his arms over his chest. “No.”
“Caleb, admit it.”
“Nope.” He said popping the ‘p’.
“Caleb, admit now or I won’t ever kiss you again.” Claudia teased.
Caleb looked at his girlfriend and sighed in defeat. “Alright, I have been defeated.”
“He is so whipped.” Axel whispered loudly.
“Shut up Ax!” Caleb yelled.
Everyone busted out laughing. Claudia giggled and walked over to her boyfriend and kissed him on the cheek. As everyone laughed and joked with one another, my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and checked who it was. It’s my mom. I walked off away from everyone and answered the call.
“Hey mom.”
I heard a giggle on the line. “Sevie it’s me Gabe.”
“Gabe! How are you, mom, dad, and Hunter?”
“Mommy and daddy are doing well. Hunter is still a lil grumpy head. I miss you sissy.”
“Awh I miss you too Gabe.”
“When are you gonna come visit?”
I shrugged. “I don’t know buddy, why?”
“Cause Lexi said he was coming over soon.”
I froze. “What did you say?”
“Lexi is coming to visit. He said he wants to see you because he misses you. I miss him too sissy.”
“Gabe, did you tell him where I live?”
“No, Hunter talked to him but I don’t know if he did.”
“Ok Gabe, listen to me carefully. If he calls again, don’t answer. Understand?”
“But why, you love Lexi don’t cha sissy?”
“No I don’t Gabe, I have a new boyfriend.”
“No you can’t!”
“Why not?”
“Lexi promised me that you and he we’re gonna get married so he can be my big brother.”
“Gabe, enough! It is never gonna happen.”
I heard him sniffling on the other line. “But he promised Claire.”
I sighed. “Gabe I’m sorry. Look I bet that once you meet my new boyfriend Jonathan you’ll end up loving him as much as I do.”
“NO, I WANT LEXI!!!!! I HATE JONATHAN!!!!!!!”
“Gabriel Alexander, lower your voice! You can’t hate Jonathan, you don’t even know him.”
“I HATE HIM!! I HATE HIM!! I HATE HIM!! I HATE HIM!!”
With that my little brother hung up on me. I sighed and hung up my phone.
“Sevie?”
I turned around and saw Jonathan standing there. I noticed his eyes widen a bit.
“Sev what’s wrong?”
“What do you mean?”
He took a few steps closer and wiped something off my face. I noticed that his hand was wet so I felt my face and saw that I had tears rolling down my cheeks. When did I…
“What happened?”
I shook my head. “It’s nothing.”
He placed both hands on my hips and placed his forehead against mine. “Sev, please tell me. I don’t like to see you like this.”
I sighed deeply. “It was my little brother Gabe.”
“What did he say?”
I swallowed and looked Jonathan straight in his beautiful green eyes. “He told me that…Lexi’s coming back…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please? They let me know who reads my stories and who actually want more. No comments = no updates or story.