Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Done :)

He Could Be the One

I Guess You Can Say Things Are Getting Pretty Serious

Sevie’s POV
I felt a slight pull on my shirt.
“Sissy?”
I turned away from the conversation I was in and looked down at Gabe. “What is it sweetie?”
“I’m tired, can we go home now?” he asked, rubbing his eyes.
I picked him up allowing him to lay his head on my shoulder.
“Is he tired?” Jonathan asked, placing a hand on my free shoulder.
I nodded. “Yea, it’s been quite a day.”
“I can take you home so you can put him to bed.”
“But what about this mess?”
“Don’t worry about it, we got it covered.”
I turned to see Axel with a trash bag in hand. “You sure?”
He nodded. “Yea, now go put the squirt to bed.”
I smiled. “Thanks.” I then turned to Jonathan and nodded. “Alright, let’s go.”
He smiled and led me to his truck. I got in the back seat and laid Gabe on my lap. I stroked his hair as he slept soundly.
“He really loves you.”
I looked at Jonathan in the driver’s seat and smiled. “It wasn’t always like this though.”
“How come?”
“Gabe wasn’t very fond of me when he was a baby and to be honest neither was I of him.”
“How old were you when your mom had him?”
“I was 15 when my parents adopted him.”
“Gabe’s adopted?”
I nodded. “He sure is. Apparently his mom just abandoned him at this horrible drugie hotel. One of the housekeepers that worked there called the police. All this other stuff happened and yea when my parents saw him, they fell in love with him. I wasn’t his biggest fan but as time went on the kid grew on me.”
“I see. Are you guys planning on telling him when he’s older?”
“Telling him what, that he’s adopted?”
“Well, yea.”
I shook my head. “No, he already knows.”
“We’re here.”
I looked out the window and saw that we were pulling into the driveway of my house. Jonathan turned off the truck, got out and made his way over to my open my door. He picked up Gabe off my lap, allowing me to get out of the truck and close the door.
“Here give him to me.”
Jonathan shook his head. “I got him, you go open the door.”
I sighed and smiled. “Alright.”
I led him to the front door of the house and unlocked it. He walked in first with me following close behind and quietly closing the door behind me.
“Up the stairs to my room.” I whispered.
He nodded and quietly headed up to my room as I trailed along. I opened my bedroom door and pulled the covers up a bit so Jonathan could lay Gabe down. When he laid him down, he made sure that every part of Gabe’s body was placed comfortably on the mattress before pulling the covers over him. Once Gabe was tucked in, Jonathan and I walked out of the room and headed down stairs to the living room to wait for the others.
“Thanks for helping.” I said taking a seat on the couch.
He took a seat next to me and smiled. “No problem. Now what were you saying on the drive here, Gabe knows that he’s adopted?”
I nodded. “Yea he does. He didn’t care though when he found out.”
“How did he find out?”
“Hunter told him.”
“And Gabe didn’t care?”
I shook my head. “Nope, he said that we’d be his family no matter what.”
“He’s a good kid then and smart at that.”
“Yea he’s pretty smart, even if he doesn’t show it much.”
Jonathan chuckled, which only made me smile.
“Hey Jonathan, can I tell you something?”
He nodded. “Sure, you can tell me anything.”
“Ok but promise you won’t freak out or find it weird when I tell you.”
He raised his hand and smiled. “I promise.”
“Alright well when you were carrying Gabe it as just adorable. I think you’ll be an amazing dad in the future.”
He blushed and smiled. “You really think so?”
I nodded. “Yep.”
“There’s only one way that’ll happen.”
“And what’s that/” I asked.
“If you were the mother of my kids.”
I felt my eyes widen. “What?”
“Sorry if that was too much.”
I blushed and shook my head. “No it’s ok. Just a little surprising is all.”
“Again I’m sorry.”
“Stop apologizing Jonathan. I told you its ok.” I giggled.
I wrapped my arms around his torso and placed my head on his chest. I felt him place his hand on my hip and pulled me closer.
“Hey Jonathan?”
“Yea?”
“Do you really see us getting married?”
He nodded. “Yea I do. I’ve never felt this way about anyone before.”
“Not even Erika?”
He sighed. “I thought I did, but when I caught her making moves on my best friend and then kissing him afterwards, those feelings were gone.”
“Your best friend?”
“Kyle.”
“Whoa, as in Toma’s Kyle?”
He nodded. “Yea but don’t worry, it’s all the past. You’re my future.”
“Do you think Toma knows?”
“I doubt it but please don’t tell her. Kyle should be the one to tell her.”
I nodded. “I understand.”
He placed a hand on my cheek and smiled. “I love you.”
I smiled back at him. “I love you too.”
As we were about to go in for a kiss, the front door suddenly swung open, filling the house with laughter. Jonathan and I quickly got up off the couch and pretended like nothing happened.
“Well hello you two. Hope we didn’t interrupt anything.” Axel said, wiggling his eyebrows.
“Axel, leave them alone.” Claudia said.
“Where’s Gabe?” Hunter asked.
“My room, sleeping. You’ll be sleeping in the guest room that’s right across Sophie’s room.”
“And where exactly is that?” He asked, picking up his two bags that he had left in the living room.
“I’ll show you.” Sophie told him.
He nodded and followed her to his room.
“Hey Sev?”
I looked over at Jonathan. “What’s up?”
“I think I should be going now.”
I pouted. “Awh ok, I’ll walk you out.”
As we were heading out the door, I heard Axel shout from the kitchen.
“You two better keep things PG out there. Remember, kids still live in this neighborhood.”
Before I could even say something back, I heard a smack and Axel curse out loud. Thank you Toma! Once we were finally out, I closed the door behind me and joined Jonathan over by his truck.
“So…”
I giggled. “That was a bit awkward.”
“Tell me about it.”
I smiled. “Thanks for a great day today, I had a blast.”
“I’m glad you did. I was wondering, would you like to go out on a date with me a week or two from today?”
“Whoa what?”
“We got a few things to do for the new record and a couple of interviews in a few cities before heading out on three month tour.”
“Three months?”
He nodded. “Yea…”
I sighed and forced a smile. “I understand. We gotta do pretty much the same.”
“So what do you say?”
I nodded and wrapped my arms around his neck. “I say yes, I’d love to go out with you Jonathan Cook.”
He smiled and placed his hands on my hips. “I’m glad to hear that, Claire Marie.”
I blushed and buried my face in his short. “Oh gosh, please don’t call me that!”
He chuckled. “Why not?”
“Cause, just don’t.” I giggled. “Just the way you say it gives me goose bumps.”
“Oh, does it really?”
I nodded.
Yes it does.”
He then leaned down and whispered my name into my ear, which to be honest, kinda got me going. This kid is gonna be the death of me I swear. Man I love him.
“You’re a jerk.”
Jonathan placed his forehead to mine and smiled. “You know I love you.”
I smiled. “I love you too.”
He then pressed his lips to mine for a quick minute and pulled away.
“I’ll see ya in about 2 weeks ok?”
I pouted. “But we can facetime or Skype in the mean time, right?”
He nodded. “True that.”
I pecked him on the lips and smiled. “I’ll miss you.”
“I’ll miss you too. Text me.”
“Stalk you.” I winked.
He chuckled and kissed me on the cheek before getting in his truck and driving away. I headed back inside to find Matt and Axel in the living room talking to Sophie.
“Hey guys, what are ya’ll still doing up? I thought you’d be asleep by now.”
“Sevie, something happened.” Sophie said.
“What do you mean?”
“Flyzik called me during the cookout and told me to head back to Baltimore ASAP.”
“Why, what happened?”
“It’s All Time Low…” Matt said.
“…Zack punched Alex while filming a Buzznet interview.”
“What, why?!”
Sophie sighed. “According to Jack, the chick interviewing them asked Alex a bunch of questions about you and him. Alex then started lying blaming their relationship ending on you. Zack got pissed, some fighting words were said, and yea shit went down.”
“They even cancelled their upcoming tour.” Matt added.
“This is my fault…”
“It’s not your fault Sevie, it’s all Gaskarth’s fault and you know it. If he didn’t fucking run his mouth like he did, all this shit would’ve been avoided!” Axel yelled getting up from his seat.
“Axel calm down.” Matt told Axel pulling him down back in his seat.
“Sophie, where’s Zack now?”
Sophie looked away from Axel and turned to me. “He’s in California, why?”
“I ‘m gonna go see him.” I said standing up from my seat and heading over to the computer that was a few feet away from me.
“But Sevie, what about Jonathan?”
I sighed. “He’ll be away for two weeks. I don’t want you guys to tell him where I am if he asks.”
“You’re gonna lie to him some more?” Matt asked.
“I hate to do it but I don’t want his friendship with ATL to fuck up because of me. All I care about is making Jonathan happy; I don’t want to ruin anything in his life.”
“You don’t think lying to him is gonna ruin him?”
I sighed and looked away from Matt. I ended up buying a plane ticket to California for the following day. Please be ok Zack…
♠ ♠ ♠
So i'd just like to say, this fic is close to it's end.
But there is already a sequel in the works. :)

So what do you guys think?
What do you guys feel might happen next?
Any predictions?
I want thoughts.
I enjoying reading what you guys have to say.