Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Done :)

He Could Be the One

The Truth pt. 1

Jonathan’s POV
So stoked to finally have a few days off, all those interviews were getting exhausting.
“Yo Jay, you coin’ or not?” asked Kyle.
“Yea let me just grab my jacket.”
I hurried to my room and grabbed my jacket off my bed. I locked the hotel room, right after and met up with Kyle in the elevator. As the elevator made its way to the lobby, I noticed Kyle getting a bit jittery.
“You ok dude?”
Kyle looked over at me and shook his head. “No, I’m a bit nervous. I’ve never gone out and bought an engagement ring before.”
“Are you sure you’re ready to so this? It’s a big, and I mean big, commitment.”
He nodded and leaned against the side of the elevator.
“Yea man. I know I’ve only been dating Toma for a few months but we just get each other so well, ya know?”
I nodded. “Yea I understand.”
“I already know for a fact that Toma is the one I wanna spend the rest of my life with.”
“You think she feels the same?”
“I hope so. If not, I’m willing to patiently wait for her.” He smiled.
Suddenly the elevator stopped and the doors opened, revealing a somewhat packed lobby. We made our way through it and out the front into the streets of New York. After a few minutes of walking, Kyle and I walked into our first jewelry store.
“Hi, how may I help you gentlemen?” asked a sales associate.
“I’m looking for an engagement ring to give to my girlfriend.”
“That’s wonderful, right this way sir.”
The sales associate led Kyle into the back of the jewelry store, leaving me up front. I walked around and admired all the rings, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets that were put out on display. It all reminded me of Sevie I wonder how she’s doing… Suddenly, my phone began to ring. I pulled it out of my pocket and checked the caller id. Jack. I quickly answered.
“Hey Jack.”
“Sup Jay?”
“Not much just at some jewelry store with Kyle.”
“What for?”
“He’s thinking about popping the question to his girlfriend.”
“No shit? That’s awesome.”
“Yep.”
“So what are you guys doing today?”
“Don’t know yet, why?”
“Why don’t you guys head over here to Bmore and hang?”
“You’re in Bmore already?”
“Yea, wish I could’ve stayed in NY a while longer though. Anyway, what do you say?”
“I’m in dude. I’ll just tell the guys and see what’s up.”
“Alright sounds good. Let me know what goes down.”
“Yea no problem.”
“Cool then, later.”
“Later.”
Once we hung up and I slipped my phone back into my pocket. I continued looking around as I waited for Kyle.
Sevie’s POV
Hours later…
My wakeup call this morning was the delicious aroma of pancakes that filled the air. I tried to go back to sleep but the smell was driving my stomach crazy.
I groaned. “Alright already, I’m up.”
I pulled off my covers and slowly got out of bed. I stretched a bit and headed off to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Once I was done, I headed to the kitchen. The sight of my best friend behind the stove just tickled my funny bone.
“Your mom would be so proud if she could see you right now Merrick.”
Zack turned to me and smiled. “Shut the fuck up.”
“Tool, anyway thanks for waking up my stomach.”
He chuckled. “No problem.”
I walked over to the fridge and took out a gallon of juice and poured myself a glass.
“So, no gym today?”
Zack shook his head. “Nope I was thinking we could spend the day at the beach today, you up for that?”
I nodded. “Absolutely, can’t wait.”
“Good, cause I’ve been in the mood to go surfing for some time now.”
I took another sip of my juice. “So Zack, uh about the Buzznet thing…”
He sighed, interrupting me mid-sentence. “Sev, not this again.”
“Look I’m sorry but this whole interview ordeal is still bugging me.”
“I know it is Sev, you just have to be patient alright?”
I sighed. “Alright.”
After Zack had taken out the last of the pancakes, he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, placing his forehead against mine. I instantly felt my face heat up. He’s doing it again…why am I suddenly acting this way? He’s my best friend.
“Look Sev, I know this whole Buzznet thing has you worried but I promise I will tell you, alright?”
I slowly nodded. “Okay.”
He then smiled and pressed his lips to my forehead. “Good, now let’s chow down before we head off to the beach.”
We each grabbed our plate and headed to the living room couch. We sat down and watched whatever was on while we ate.
Jonathan’s POV
After checking out about five different jewelry stores, Kyle finally found the perfect ring for Toma. As we headed back to the hotel, I texted the others and told Kyle about going to Jack’s house to chill. They were all up for it in an instant.
“Are you sure it’s this way Caleb?” I asked from the driver’s seat.
“For the hundredth time Jonathan, yes! The GPS says were going the right way.”
“I don’t really trust those things.”
Caleb sighed. “Sorry to hear that.”
“Are you there yet?” Austin asked.
Marc sighed. “Dude quit asking that, it’s getting annoying.”
After a few more hours of driving, we finally got to Jack’s house. We all stepped out of our rented SUV and walked up to the front door. Caleb knocked twice before someone finally answered.
“Oh hi are you friends of Jack’s?” asked the petite girl at the door.
I nodded. “Yea we are.”
“Come on in, he’s out back with Rian and everyone else.” She smiled.
I smiled back. “Thanks.”
We stepped in and closed the door behind us.
“I’m Cassadee Pope by the way.”
“Nice to meet you Cassadee, I’m Jonathan and these are my best friends Caleb, Marc, Austin, and Kyle.”
She greeted us individually and smiled. “Nice to meet all of you.”
Cassadee then led u to the backyard where we found the rest of the crew. Jack saw us and came over, followed by Rian.
“Hey you guys made it.”
“Thanks for the invite much appreciated.” Caleb said.
Jack chuckled. “No problem ginger, feel free to anything. Mi casa es su casa.”
“And if we run out of anything, we’ll just send Danny-boy to get more.” Rian added.
“Hey!”
We all turned to Danny and laughed. After a couple of hours of just hanging around, Alex should up.
“What up everyone?!”
“Oh fuck, it’s Alex.” Jack whispered.
I looked at Jack a bit confused. “You make it sound so bad.”
“Well yea but…”
Suddenly out of nowhere, Alex interrupted Jack.
“Hey there Jack-o, how are ya bud?”
He turned to me and smiled. “Well if it isn’t my pal Jonathan Cook, how are ya my dude?”
I smiled back. “Doing well, what about you?”
“I’m doing fucking fantastic, wanna know why?”
I chuckled and shrugged. “Sure, why not?”
“Alex what are you up to?” Jack asked.
“Jack shut up; can’t you see I’m talking to Jonathan here?”
I suddenly felt a little tension between those two that just made me feel really uncomfortable.
“Well if you guys don’t mind, I’ll be over there with Rian and everyone else.”
Just as I turned my back to them, I was turned back around forcefully by Alex.
“You’re not going anywhere Cook. You have something, actually no, someone I want.”
“What are you talking about?”
He then busted out laughing, confusing everyone around us.
“You seriously don’t know, do you?”
“Know what?”
“About me and your little girlfriend.”
“You and Sevie?”
Jack pushed Alex away from me. “Alex stop, don’t do it.”
“What’s going on, what don’t you want Alex to do Jack?”
Alex shoved Jack out of the way and chuckled, shaking his head. “Wow dude.”
I was lost beyond belief at this point in the situation. What does Alex want or even have to do with Sevie? What’s…wait…no…it can’t be…
My eyes widened as I made contact with Alex. “You…you’re…Lexi?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Part 1 :)
Thoughts?