Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Done :)

He Could Be the One

Deep Secret Revealed

Zack’s POV (seconds after talking to Matt)
I sighed heavily. Fuck…
“Hey Zack, I’m done with my phone if you still need it.” Rian said walking into our rehearsal room, followed by Jack.
I stood up off the ground and put my pink bass on its stand. “Nah, it’s ok. I used Alex’s phone instead.”
“Dude, is something wrong?” Jack asked.
Before I could say anything, Alex walked into the room.
“Are you done with my phone yet Zack? I need it back.”
“Yea I’m done, here.” I said handing Alex back his phone.
He took it then left the room.
“Who did you call?” Rian asked taking a seat behind his drums.
“Sevie, I needed to come clean about a few things.”
“What things?” Jack asked, taking a seat on the black couch in the room.
“Promise me you guys won’t say anything to Sev.” I told both of them as I took a seat next to Jack.
“We promise.” They both said.
I took a deep breath. “I knew Alex was cheating on Sev the whole time they were together.”
“What?!” They both yelled standing up from their seats. I motioned them to sit back down.
“Zack, why didn’t you say anything about it before?” Rain asked.
“Cause Rian, it wasn’t in my place to say anything at that moment.”
Jack sat back into the seat and crossed his arms. “I’m guess you didn’t tell Sevie, seeing as you don’t want us to say anything.”
“Exactly.”
“I don’t get it Zack, why didn’t you tell her before? You and Sev are like super close.”
“Like I said, it wasn’t in my place to say anything Jack. Sev was really happy with Alex and I felt that if I said something to her, that happiness of hers would go away. That was the last thing I wanted to do. All I wanted was for her to be happy.”
Jack sighed and placed a hand on my shoulder. “Zack that’s what we all want for her.”
“Jack’s right Zack. She’s been a really great friend to all of us.”
“That’s just the thing too Rian, I don’t just wanna be her friend or best friend. I wanna be more than that.”
“I knew it.”
We all looked at the doorway and saw Alex standing there with a smirk on his face.
“I always knew you were in love with my Sevie.”
“She’s not yours Alex.” I said standing up from the couch, balling my hands into fists.
“I know she still has feelings for me so as long as she does, Sevie is still mine.” Alex turned around and headed out the door.
“Oh yea if she still loved you so much, then why is she going out with someone?”
Alex stopped dead in his tracks. “What did you just say?”
“Sevie is over you!”
Alex finally turned around and laughed. “Fuck Merrick, I almost believed you there.”
“Well believe it. Nash told me straight up that she has a date today.”
Alex stopped laughing and glared at me. “Fuck you Zack.”
“Fuck me, why don’t you go fuck your tramp of a girlfriend, you fucking manwhore?! Just leave Sevie alone.”
“I was seriously planning on it but after learning about this little news, it just makes me want her even more. Thanks buddy.” He then finally left.
I just sat back down without saying a word.
“Zack, was what Alex said true?” Rian asked.
“Are you in love with Sev?” Jack asked right after.
I quickly got up off the couch, grabbed my jacket, and stormed out of the room. I heard Jack and Rian calling my name but I just ignored them as I got into my car. I pulled out of the parking lot and sped off to my apartment. Once I got there, I walked in and threw my keys along with my jacket to the ground. I couldn’t even begin to describe how angry I was with myself. I pulled at my hair and even ripped off my shirt. I destroyed almost everything I could get my hands on. I finally punched a hole in the wall which then triggered me to finally break down. I felt salty little droplets pour out of the corners of my eyes. What the fuck did I just do? Damnit Merrick, why couldn’t you just keep your fucking mouth shut like you always do?! I sat against the wall and covered my eyes with my arm as I continued to cry. I fucked up big time…
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?