Sequel: She Takes Me High
Status: Done

Caught Between the Two

Say Anything

Jack's POV
Alex groaned. "I hate walking to school."
I sighed. "It's not my fault that your sad excuse of a car broke down."
He gasped. "Don't you dare make fun of Betsy you dick fucker. She adds character to the open road. Plus she gives your fat ass rides, remember that Barakat!"
I chuckled and shook my head at my best friend's comment. I didn't really mind walking to school for once. This time around it helped me clear my mind from this past weekends events. Well it helped somewhat. It hurt knowing that Zack was falling for Jasey. I know they just met and all but i kinda had a feeling that he had a higher chance to be with her than I ever will. I'll forever be stuck in the 'friend zone'.
"Dude you ok?"
I stopped walking and turned to Alex. "What do you mean?"
"You seem really out of it. Thinking about Jase?"
I blushed. "Kinda."
Alex sighed. "Why don't you just tell her how you feel?"
"I can't..."
"Why the hell not?"
"Because of..."
Before I could say another word, I felt someone jump on my back causing me to stumble a bit.
"Jack-Jack!!" Jasey yelled.
I smiled. "Hey Jase."
She jumped off and gave me a hug. Behind her stood Rian.
"Why are you guys walking and not driving to school?"
Jasey nodded, agreeing with her brother. "Yea, what happened to Betsy?" She asked Alex.
He sighed. "I couldn't turn her on this morning."
Jasey giggled. "Well at least there's one thing in this world you can't turn on."
Alex glared at her. "Quiet you."
The four of us continued our walk to Delaney. Once we got there, Jasey saw Maddie and Brittany. She ran off with them, leaving Alex, Rian, and I behind.
Jasey's POV
"So have you posted those pictures yet?" Maddie asked.
I shook my head. "Not yet, I will soon though. This past weekend was a blast."
"I know. I can't wait to have one like it at Noel's." Brittany smiled.
"So Jasey?"
I looked at Maddie and smiled. "What's up?"
"What were you and Jack talking about yesterday?"
I sighed. "He wouldn't tell me."
"No way. Jack Barakat wouldn't talk? That's not like him. He's always so open with you about everything."
"I know that Maddie. I'm really worried about him."
"Wait didn't you mention before that he was failing some class?" Brittany asked.
"Yea, History but I don't think this has anything to do with that. I think it might be more than that."
Maddie gasped. "Oh my gosh."
Brittany and I looked at Maddie. "What?"
"What if Barakat's in love?"
"Oh my gosh that has to be it." Brittany agreed.
"You guys really think that's it?" I asked them both.
"Just think about it Jasey."
I nodded at Maddie before her and Brittany walked off to class. On my way to first period Biology, I thought about what the girls had said. Maybe Jack was in love with someone. Then again, he could be stressing a bit about the band now that Zack joined. Whatever the reason, I just hope he's okay. I don't really know what I'd do without Jack if I ever lost him.
♠ ♠ ♠
new chapter!
I love that people are actually reading this.
Let me know what you think about it.
I know I may not be the best writer in the world but I really try to make these good for you guys.

Might post next chapter later.
All depends on you guys.
:)