Sequel: She Takes Me High
Status: Done

Caught Between the Two

Stand By Me

Jack's POV
Damnit! How could I have done that to her? To the girl I love?
~FLASHBACK~
As my brother pulled up to the Merrick residence, I saw Noel sitting in the middle of the drive-way with a book in hand. I'll be perfectly honest, I didn't really consider her a book worm.
"What time should I come get you?"
I turned to Joe and shrugged. "Don't know yet. I'll call you."
Joe nodded. "Alright, good deal."
I stepped out of his car and stood on the curb as he soon disappeared around the corner.
"Alive and well I see."
I turned around and saw Noel making her way over to me. "Uh yea."
"Everything cool now?" she asked.
I shrugged. "It's hard to say. Are the guys inside?"
She nodded. "Yea, up the stairs, third door to your right."
"Thanks Noel."
I soon headed inside and followed her instructions. Once in the hallway, I could hear muffled voices coming from down the hall. As I got closer, I could've sworn I heard my name being said, unless there was another Jack Barakat that I didn't know about. Just as I placed my hand on the door knob, I heard, what I think was Rian's voice, say something about me.
"Is Jack gonna finally show up today?"
I heard someone sigh. "I'm not sure. I left him a voicemail before heading over."
"And you still haven't heard from him?" Zack asked.
"Nope." Alex said in response, slightly popping the 'p'. "What about Jasey?"
I figured Alex was asking Rian. Ri sighed. "I don't know. She has yet to hear from Jack. Before I came over, I caught her curled up in a ball in her room."
"Crying?" Zack asked.
"Most likely. I swear if I see Barakat..."
Before I could hear what Rian was capable of doing to me, I was already out the front dooor of the Merrick's lovely home. On my way out, I caught Noel making her way in.
"Jack, where are you going? Did you not find the room?"
I dashed passed her and ran down the street.
~PRESENT~
I made Jasey cry. The last thing I ever wanted to do to her was just that, make her cry. I stopped at a street corner and looked every which way for a clue on how to get to the Dawson's. Soon enough, it began to drizzle a bit then suddenly that drizzle turned into rain. I could truly care less of how sick I could possilby get or even how big of a scolding I was bound to get from my mom if she found out what I was doing. None of that mattered, all that really mattered was Jasey Rae Dawson.
The streets slowly began to become more and more familiar to me. Right when I saw her street, I picked up my pace as high as my already tired lanky body could go. Her house soon came into view. I noticed that there was a light on in the entire house. It belonged to her room. I ran up to the front door and knocked a numerous amount of times.
"I'm coming, calm your tits!"
I backed away from the door just as I heard a latch being undone. The door finally opened and there before me stood a shocked Jasey Rae.
Jasey's POV
In front of me stood the one person that I've wanted to see the most this entire time. The one person I've been crying for for the past few weeks. Soaking wet from the rain....wait...
"Ah Jack! You're gonna get sick if you keep standing there! Wait just a sec, I'll be right back with a towel."
Just as I was about to turn and head upstairs, I was pulled into a tight hug. Jack may have been cold and wet from the outside but this was one of the wamest hugsI've ever gotten from him.
"I'm sorry Jase."
Something about those words just shattered my walls and caused me to break down in his arms.
"You jerk! I was worried sick about you for these past few weeks and all you can say is 'I'm sorry'? You dumbass!"
I held on tightly to his soaked shirt and cried. I don't think my heart has ever felt this much pain. We stood there at the front door for what seemed hours when really it was only minutes. The sound of thunder was what startled us apart.
"Hey Jase?"
I wiped my face and looked up at Jack. "Yea?"
"Towel?" He asked, teeth chattering.
"Ah! Sorry, be right back!"
I quickly dashed upstairs to Rian and mine's bathroom and grabbed a clean towel from one of the racks. Before going back downstairs, I headed to Rian's bedroom and pulled out a shirt and pajama pants from his closet. Once downstairs, I saw Jack now standing inside with the front door shut behind him. I walked up to him and handed over the towel along with Ri's clothes.
"Dry up and change into these."
"Are you sure Rian won't mind?"
"Don't worry about it, I'll talk to him. Now go change."
Jack nodded and walked into the downstairs bathroom. Right when the door shut, I couldn't help but sigh and smile in complete relief. I was beyond glad he was okay. While Jack was changing, I took it as a chance to go change out of my wet clothes and into some clean pjs. On my way back downstairs, I saw Jack standing at the foot of the stairs dressed in my brother's clothes.
I giggled. "They seem a bit big on you."
"Blame your fat ugly brother."
I gasped. "Jack Bassam Barakat, you be nice to my older brother."
He smiled. Man how I missed that smile of his. It was great to finally have my best friend back.
"Where do I put my wet clothes?"
I smiled and took his clothes. "I got it."
I walked into the wash room and threw them into the washer and started the machine. I headed back to Jack and found him sitting on the couch, deep in thought. I walked over to him and sat downs beside him, placing my head on his shoulder.
"Penny for your thoughts?"
"Are you mad at me?"
I shook my head. "No."
"Why?"
I shrugged. "I don't know. I want to be but I can't find the strength to."
"I see."
We sat there in complete silence for quite sometime. I'm not usually a fan of silenc but this time around, I really didn't mind it.
"Hey Jase?"
"Yea?"
"Thanks."
"For what?"
"Always being there for me."
I smiled. "You welcome Jack-Jack. Hey wanna watch a movie?"
"On one condition."
I giggled. "Home Alone it is."
Jack suddenly jumped off the couch and ran up to my room to get his all time favorite movie.
I sighed and smiled. "It's good to have you back Jacky..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully this chapter is long enough for you guys.

People from Twitter actually helped me with this. I love my followers.
They are the best.
Thanks to the following people:
@IllStayLindsey
@IXxrockicXxo_o
@Nicole_TimeLow
@fuckitsgeorgie
@KateyPruter

Let me know what you think.
I love feedback.