Sequel: She Takes Me High
Status: Done

Caught Between the Two

Jealousy

Jack's POV
Recently I’ve been getting these emotions towards one of my best friends. Like before when we would talk or hang out, I never got sweaty palms or beyond nervous like I do now. Nowadays when I see Jasey smile or giggle, I want to hold her close and never let go. She's beyond cute. There's times when I have to hold back from just grabbing her and kissing her, like today at school, but then she pulled out the 'friend card'. If only she knew how much I wanted to be more than 'just friends' but then again I didn't want to lose her if she knew exactly how I felt. Now here I am standing in my basement watching her go gaga for the new guy.
"Zack," He turned around and looked at me. "We gotta keep practicing so you can learn these songs. Jase is just here to tutor me, not to hang out."
Zack nodded. "Oh uh alright." He gave Jasey one last smile before making his way back next to Alex. Jasey shook her head at me and made her way over to the couch where my sister, May, was at. I don't blame her for being mad at me, I did sound like a complete douchebag there. As we continued band practice, I noticed Jasey looking over at Zack a few times. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting jealous. I sighed loudly which caused everyone to stop what they were doing.
"What is it now Jack?" Rian asked from behind his drums.
"Dude this is the 7th time in the past hour that we've had to stop because of you." Alex added, sounding a bit annoyed.
"Sorry." was all I could mutter out to them. I then saw May get up from the couch. "How about you guys just take a break and head up to Jack's room and play video games for a while. Jasey still has to tutor Jack anyway so why not get that over with now before it gets late."
Everyone seemed to agree with her suggestion that we all put our instruments down and headed upstairs. Rian and Alex led Zack to my room seeing as they knew their around the house by now. I was about to follow them but was held back. I turned around and saw Jasey holding my hand. "Oh no you don't, we gotta talk mister." She pulled me over to the living room and sat me down on the sofa. Jase sat down next to me.
"Now talk Jack-Jack."
"About what?"
"Oh you know exactly what, don't play dumb with me."
'Oh fuck! She's knows!' was all that kept running through my mind. I didn't know what to do at that point. I literally just froze. She sighed and just looked at me calmly.
"Jack everything will be fine. If your grades have you all stressed don't worry about it, I’ll help you. Maybe I shouldn't have come so early. Me being here to tutor you must've put pressure on you during practice or something."
'My grades, she thinks I’m....oh thank god!' I was beyond happy that she thought I was stressed about my grades. I played along with her theory.
"Hey don't worry about it. I did invite you remember so you're not to blame for anything."
She smiled and hugged me. "Thanks Jack-Jack, you're the best." I hugged her back. She then pulled away and looked at me. "Let's get this tutoring session over with." We both cleared the table in the middle of the living room and got started.
Before I knew it was 9pm already. I found this out when Mr. Merrick showed up to pick up Zack. I welcomed him in while Jasey ran up to my room to get Zack. Seconds later Zack followed by Jase, Rian, and Alex came down to the living room.
"Hey dad." Zack said when he saw his dad standing in the living room.
"I see you've made a lot of friends today Zachary."
I figured Mr. Merrick was talking about everyone else. Rian walked up to Zack's dad and shook his hand.
"Nice to meet you sir, I’m Robert Dawson but I go by Rian. This here is my younger sister Jasey Rae."
Jase then smiled and slightly waved her hand at Zack's dad. Alex then took his turn and introduced himself. "I'm Alexander Gaskarth, pleasure to meet you too sir."
Mr. Merrick just laughed leaving us all a lil puzzled.
"No need for the formality kids. You can all call me Mark."
We all smiled. Zack had his guitar case in hand and was ready to go. "Thanks for allowing Zack to be in your band. I take there'll be practice tomorrow."
"Oh yea, Zacky boy needs to catch up." Alex said as he placed an arm around Zack's shoulder.
Mark then took a hold of Zack's guitar case. "I'll go put this in the car while you say bye."
Zack nodded at his dad then looked at Alex. "Zacky boy, really?"
Everyone busted out laughing. "I was just kidding dude."
Zack chuckled and shook his head, then looked at me. "So are we meeting here at your house tomorrow?"
I nodded. "Sure are come around 2."
He nodded. Zack then fist bumped Rian and Alex. Jasey walked up him and hugged him. "It was nice meeting you Zack. Maybe I’ll see ya tomorrow; you have my number though right?"
Zack smiled and pulled out his phone. "Yea."
She smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "You are such a silly goose Zack."
I stood there in shock. I can't believe she kissed him. What the fuck?! Mark then called out to Zack and they both left shortly after.
"Jase, I think we should be leaving soon too. You got the keys?"
She nodded and handed Rian the keys. "Here you drive though."
"Why are you guys leaving?" I asked, trying my best to forget about what I had just witnessed.
"We got some place to go tomorrow with the family. I'll be back in time for practice though." Rian answered as Jasey began gathering her stuff. When she was done, she gave me and Alex a hug and a 'see ya later' before her and Rian finally left.
Once their dad's car was out of sight, Alex looked at me suspiciously.
"What?"
"So, when were you planning on telling me that you're in love with Jasey Rae?"
There were only three words that could describe how I felt....

Fuck. My. Life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?