Status: Completed

The Perfect Date

Chapter 2

It’s the day of the concert. 9:00 AM. I’m all ready to go and I still have 3 hours left until we leave. I’m wearing this white off the shoulder baggy shirt with a light green tank top under it, dark blue skinny jeans, and my tye-dye converse. I made this big neon yellow sign last night. It says, “IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!” in really big letters and then under it, in smaller font, “Just kidding, I just wanted you to notice my sign.” Around this are all the titles to all of his songs. I have my “143” bracelet on and then my “On My Mind” bracelet on. I’ve got all my things in my bag and I’m ready to go, i'm just sitting around waiting for it to be 11:30 so Ivy can get here.

Time just keeps ticking on by quite slowly. Next time I look at the clock it’s 9:15. I keep doing that and then finally it’s 10:00. A few minutes after 10:00 I took a mini nap and woke up at 11:15. Ivy came over early.

The doorbell rings, and that’s what woke me up. I open the door and she’s wearing a hoodie and jeans. That’s pretty much what she wears every day. Quite exciting isn’t it?

“Hey boo,” I say to her.

“Don’t you look snazzy.”

“Thank you, dearie.”

“No problem. So Pierce called me and told me he was going to be over here early and we’re going to go eat at Chipotle.”

“Yummy!”

“I know,” she replies.

We were just sitting and watching T.V. for a few minutes and we hear a horn honk outside. I grab my stuff and check things over. Make sure I have my camera, cell phone, my ticket, money, my poster, my sharpie, my shirt that I want him to sign, and my keys. Check, check, and check on everything else.

We hear another honk as we’re about to open the door.

Ivy screams as soon as she opens it, “WE KNOW, WE KNOW. DON’T GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH!” I just rolled my eyes and giggled at them both.

I got shotgun, thankfully. We stopped at Chipotle and took about a half hour or so to eat and then we hit the road. We jammed out to all the songs on Pierce’s iPod and had a blast on the way.

Pierce dropped us off when we got there. We saw Cody’s tour bus right away and we saw a bench to sit on not far from there. We weren’t really expecting to see him or anything we just wanted to find a place to sit at and that’s where it happened to be. Of course it wasn’t facing the tour bus so we wouldn’t see him anyway, unless we were actually looking.

I had my poster in my bag and my bag was on the bench. I was sitting Indian Style facing forwards and so was Ivy. We were just talking and having a good time before the concert. Then I get a tap on the shoulder and turn around. Guess who it is, ready? Got it? Well I bet you did. It was the famous Cody Simpson! I just turned around and so did Ivy and we both gasped. I was at loss for words.

“Hey,” he told me in his adorable Australian accent. “Can I read what’s on your poster?” I made eye contact with him and it felt like I’ve known him forever. I hope he felt that way too.

“Yeah, of course,” I gave him a smile and he smiled back. I could not believe this was happening. I look over at Ivy and her mouth is hanging wide open and I made a gesture for her to close her mouth and she did.

“Now this is a poster I would notice in the crowd,” He smiled again.

“I’m glad you like it,” I replied.

“I’m glad you made it. And I’m glad you made it to my concert as well.” I can’t believe I was having small talk with a famous singer. I was holding my nerves back and tried to play it cool. I’m pretty sure I made a big dork of myself, but I do that no matter what I’m doing.

“I’m really glad too. I’ve loved you ever since you started your YouTube videos and when I heard you got signed, I was ecstatic for you, but I bet you were overjoyed yourself.” Wow, I’m the biggest dork in the world. “Oh, and I’m Sabrina and this is my friend Ivy.”

“Nice to meet you both,” he shook Ivy’s hand normally and he took me by the hand and kissed it. I bet I was blushing like a maniac. I looked over at Ivy and she was smiling looking like a dork. I bet I was too though so it doesn’t matter.

“Do you mind if we hang with you guys before the show,” he asked us. HE asked US. Oh my goodness.

“Of course not,” I said as Ivy and I both smiled.

We hung out together as any teenagers would hang out. It was absolutely amazing. He let us go backstage, and we didn’t have backstage passes. We got to watch his concert from backstage as well. It was just the ultimate concert experience.

After he finished one of his songs, he announced he was going to bring someone on stage.

“Now, I’m going to bring a girl on stage and sing to her, just like I always do. Only this time, I think it will mean more.” He smiled and he was pointing at the crowd. All of a sudden he turned around and picked me. I pointed at myself, shocked.

“Yes you. Come on out here, Sabrina.” I walked out there and all the girls were screaming. I even heard Ivy screaming for me.

He sang “On My Mind” to me. We were dancing really close at some points and at the end was one of those moments. After the song was over he whispered in my ear.

“You really have been on my mind since I saw the back of your head.” He laughed and continued, “And I bet you’ll be on my mind for a while.” I smiled and I had a piece of paper in my hand that had my number on it. I didn’t really think I was going to give it to him but I did.

“Here.” I put the paper in his hand and smiled up at him.

“I was hoping you’d give this to me.” Then I turned towards the crowd and every single person in there was staring at us really strangely.

“This is Sabrina everyone.” Everyone screamed. That just made my smile even bigger.

“I’ll see you after the concert,” he looked at me and smiled again and I walked backstage again. Ivy was just looking at me like “did that just happen?”

“Yeah that just happened.” She looked at me like “you can read my mind. Psychic.”

“No, it’s just the looks you were giving me.” Then I just broke down crying because I was so happy. Ivy started laughing at me.

“You would do the same exact thing if you were in my position.” Then I punched her in the arm playfully.

Ivy and I enjoyed the concert and I was so glad that I came. I hugged her super tight after the concert was over.

“This would have never happened without you, Ivy,” I said as I hugged her.

“I know. I’m just that amazing aren’t I?”

“Of course,” I said and smiled at her.

When Cody came off stage he gave us both hugs, surprisingly.

“Want to hang out again?” He smiles quite a lot.

“Of course,” we both say in unison.

It was about 10:30 when the concert ended so that gave Ivy and me an hour and a half to hang out with him again. We got to know each other both fairly well, even though it felt like I knew everything about him as soon as we made eye contact the first time.

When it was time to leave he pulled me aside and whispered in my ear one more time.

“It feels like I’ve known you my whole life. It felt like that as soon as I made eye contact with you.”

“That’s what I’ve been feeling this whole time.” I smiled at him. He smiled back.

“We should hang out again sometime. I’m free tomorrow if you want.”

“You have a day when you’re free? Well lucky me. It’s a date.”

“Do you want it to be,” He asked. I was so confused at the moment.

“To be what?”

“A date.”

“If you want it to be.” I bet I was blushing as soon as he said those two words.

“Well I do. So it’s a date.”

“Yup, it’s a date.” I wrote down my address and gave it to him.

“I’ll pick you up around 8:00.”

“You’re 14. You do not know how to drive legally.” Children these days, even if I’m only 6 months older than him.

“I’ll get there some way.”

“Okay. Sounds like a plan.” I walked away and turned back to give him one last smile.

When I got to the car Ivy and Pierce both say simultaneously “What was that about?” They looked at each other and then back at me.

“We’re going on a date tomorrow.”

“WHAT,” They say simultaneously once again.

“You heard me.” I climbed into the car and so did Ivy. Pierce was already in the car. On the ride home I told Pierce and Ivy everything from the beginning, even if Ivy was there for most of it.

“I cannot believe that happened to you. You are super lucky,” Pierce says.

“You don’t think I don’t know that?” I got a text right after I said this. It reads “Still on my mind. – Cody<3.” I started blushing again. Pierce looks at me then the road then back at me.

“What is it?” I’m at loss for words and I hand my phone to Ivy.

“WHOA,” She screams.

“What is it,” Pierce asks again, impatiently.

“Sabrina got a text from Cody.” She reads it out loud.

“You seriously are one lucky girl, Sabrina,” Pierce says while shaking his head.

“Again, you don’t think I know this?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys are enjoying it so far!