Status: Completed

The Perfect Date

Chapter 3

You know, I really love my best friend, but she can be quite a pain…

“Today is your date. Oh my goodness. What do you think is going to happen? What are you going to wear? What will you do? Where are you guys going…” The list goes on and on. She talked for about a half hour without me saying a word except for “Mhm” and “Yeah.”

“I so want to be in your shoes,” says Ivy.

“You know, I’m really lucky for once.”

“Yeah. Duh.” She sounds quite annoyed.

“But we barely know a thing about each other.”

“That’s what the first date is for.”

“True that. But, he’s famous. I know he’s just another person, but that doesn’t make me less nervous.”

“Why are you so nervous?”

“Think about it.” She really does look like she’s thinking about it. “So say he wasn’t famous. I’d still be nervous. He was a champion swimmer in Australia, he’s adorable, he has an accent, I’ve done quite a lot of creeping on him and he hasn’t done any on me, and he has an accent.” Yes, I said accent twice. I mean, have you heard it?

“Well, you still don’t have to be nervous.”

“Well I guess I don’t. But I still am. I don’t ‘know’ him. I’ve read things and by the things I’ve read
we have a lot in common. But dude, I’m still nervous.”

“I see where you’re coming from,” she sounds sympathetic. Which I really don’t understand but, it’s whatever. We hear my doorbell ring.

“COMING,” I yell.

“OKAY,” I hear from the door. It’s Pierce.

“Hey buddy,” I say to Pierce.

“So, I know I’m a guy, but what the heck are you going to wear?”

“Pierce, you sound like a girl.”

“Yeah I know, but you are going on a DATE with someone FAMOUS. You don’t look like you’re
freaking out at all. I mean, if I was going out on a date with a famous person, let’s say Megan
Fox, I’d be like freaking out.”

“Yeah, but you’re Pierce.”

“True that.”

“So want to come in or something?”

“Sure.” I still don’t understand why he’s here.

“Want something to drink or eat?”

“Nah.” Something’s up.

“Pierce, you’re here for a reason. What is it?”

“I don’t want him to hurt you.”

“I’ll call you for help if I need it, but Pierce, I’m 15. I can handle myself.”

“Yeah I know, but you’re a little sister to me.”

“Aw, come here big bro.” I gave him a hug. This is what I get for having a friend like him; I’m quite a lucky girl.

“SABRINA, WHO’S AT THE DOOR?” I hear Ivy call from upstairs.

“ME BROSKI,” Pierce yells back at her.

“HEY BRAH!” Ivy starts coming down the stairs, but keeps screaming.

“Hello.” They say to each other in unison, which they do a lot. They have quite an odd relationship.

“I picked out a cute outfit for you. Wait, what are you guys doing,” Ivy asks me.

“Well, actually, I have no idea. I’m guessing dinner and a movie,” I reply.

“You should pick what you guys do.”

“Well, I really don’t care. Guys stop making such a big deal about it. It’s just a date.”

“You just said a few minutes ago you were nervous.”

“Well no duh, but you guys aren’t helping me. Can we go upstairs and help me pick out an outfit that would be good for anything that we do and not ask me a bazillion questions?”

“Yeah, fair enough,” they say in unity, once again.

I have everything I need, I hope. I’m wearing dark blue jeggings, my “Dream without Fear Love without Limits” tee, a black jacket and my black ankle boots. My hair is curled and I have a light blue necklace on. I think I’m ready to go. Ivy said she wants to see me leave so she’s going to watch my dog while I’m gone. What-a-dork.

“I just want to see you leave for your big date and then your dog won’t be locked up. It’s a win-win situation,” she’s telling me such a stupid excuse, but I go with it anyway because I love her.

“Okay, whatever you say.” And then, the doorbell rings. Oh boy…
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, I hope you guys are enjoying it!