Status: NEW Active

City Of Nightmares

Was I?

With the beer at my lips I watched as Arin put her stuff into the storage area of the bus, my eyes going straight to her ass as she bent over. Had a nice ass, give her that. I tore my eyes away quickly when her eyes met mine, hoping she didn't catch me. Arin sat down.

"Can I tell you guys two stories about how I feel your pain?" She asked. What would she know about how we felt?
"Yeah." Shads nodded.
"When I was 24, my Dad was really depressed and my Mom was in another state. He took a gun and put it into his mouth. He ended up shooting himself and I got blood all over me." Arin said, tears welling up in her eyes. I had a sudden urge to comfort her. "A few months ago, my friend did the same thing. She was like a sister to me."
"I'm so sorry." Shads said, patting her shoulder.
"It's okay. I manned up." She smiled softly.

My mouth hung open. Okay, maybe she did have a clue to what we were going through. What I was going through. And she was handling it way better than I was. That's a hard thing to admit. But I won't admit it out loud. Fuck, I don't even like talking about Zacky.

Arin's eyes met mine. I tore my eyes away.

.:Rock AM Ring:.

As we set everything up for tonight. My thoughts were back to Zack. He wasn't here with us tonight. It was like Rev all over again. I looked at Shads and Johnny and frowned. Who was next? I couldn't..I didn't want to imagine losing my other brothers.

It was hard losing Rev. But when Zacky passed. Man, did that fucking hit home on me. Ever since I got the news that night, I had completely shut down. And my life went down the shitter. Michelle left me cause she couldn't handle my mood swings. I would just sit there and stare off into space. Snap at her whenever she mentioned Zacky's name. I hadn't played guitar until the other night.

I just started coming back to life now. I'm speaking to people now. Sure, not about Zack. But conversation wise. And I'm back to playing guitar, clearly.

Someone nudging my side snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked over to see Arin and just smiled. An actual smile.

"You okay?" She asked.

I nodded. Was I okay? I had no idea. I shook away any thought except for tonight's show. I was going to do my bestest tonight, give the crowd what they came for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe