Status: Officially on hiatus, guys. I have a new Marauders story, though. Check it out.

Let's Get These Teen Hearts Beating Faster

The Friendship Begins

Camilia DeAnima kissed her dad and hugged her mom before boarding the shiny scarlet Hogwarts express. It was the first time David and Pamela would ever be away from their little girl since the two first got together when Pam was vacationing in America. David saw the foreign girl, and was immeadiately head over heels. Six months later? Married. They stayed in England for eight months of the pregnancy before switching over to America so Camilia could be an American citizen just like her daddy. They moved back to England when Cammi was 8.

Camilia took a big breath, and stepped on the train.

She was nervous. And Cami hated being nervous with a passion. She liked to be in control, and there was no control involved when being a nervous little pansy.

Ah well, she did have a reason. Sort of. It was her first day of Hogwarts. Prestigious magic school, been around for like, ever. She didn't want to make a fool of herself. Especially since she was a first year. Lowest of the low. Camilia didn't want to give the older kids any reason to mess with her.

She, of course, looked over her spellbooks. Mastered some things. But would she be any kind of threat against as scary seventh year? Doubtful.

Cami pulled her trunk in search of a compartment. In one of the last ones she found only two boys residing. They looked about her age. Good. She needed friends.

"Hey, can I sit here with you guys?" she asked, pushing her nervousness aside.

"Sure," said one of the boys, with messy dark hair, hazel eyes, and glasses. "I'm James."

"Cami," she replied, struggling to get her trunk up above their heads.

"Here, let me help you," the other boy offered, who was indeed taller than her with longer black hair and gray eyes. "I'm Sirius."

"Serious about what?"

He looked confused for a bit, then rolled his eyes. "No, my name is Sirius. S-I-R-I-U-S."

"Oh," she chucked. "Sorry. And thanks," she added when he set up her trunk and plopped down on the seat next to James.

"Don't worry," James smiled. "We had that same issue minutes before you got here."

"Good to know."

It was silent for a while.

"You talk funny," James observed.

Cami shrugged. "My dad's American. I was born there. My mom's British, so we live here. So my accent's a little garbled up."

“American, eh? Bet it's never a dull day when you're around." James chucked.

"You betcha."

Sirius was still quiet. He was listening to their conversation, but was also worrying about what would happen later. Get in Slytherin and be miserable or any other house and face the wrath. Sirius sighed. No one should have to go through this.

A little while later, a redheaded girl named Lily and a black headed boy named Serverus entered their apartment. They didn't stay long though. It seemed as though James and these children were not going to get along, due to the argument James had with Severus about houses.

"So do you want to get into Slytherin like the rest of your family?" Cami asked Sirius, based on the information he had provided earlier.

He was quiet for a moment. "No. I do not. I hate my family. Their pureblood mania sucks. Plus, they hate me too."

James smiled at him sympathetically. "You should hang at my place next break, mate. My parents would love you."

Sirius genuinely smiled, the first time he did it all compartment ride. "Cool."

Cami smiled contentedly. She already saw that these forming friendships would be ones that last a lifetime. She soon fell asleep looking out of the window at the blue sky with a content smile on her face.

Only to be woken up shortly by Sirius. "Oi, Cami."

"Whaa?"

"Sorry 'bout waking you up, but we figured you'd be hungry. Candy cart's outside the door."

Cami's stomach growled. "Thanks, Sirius."

"No problem." He turned to see James with the whole lot of the candy in his arms.

"Care to share?" James asked them with a grin.

"Don't mind if I do," Sirius said, and Cami nodded. The three friends dug happily into their mountain of candy.

A couple of hours later the Hogwarts Express came to slow stop.

"Ready mates?" James asked bracingly.

"As we'll ever be," Cami replied.

Sirius just nodded.

As the threesome made their way outside, they heard a voice coming from a very large man.

"Firs' years! Firs' years over 'ere!"

"I guess thats us," Cami said, and the boys followed her over.

The big man introduced himself as Hagrid, and led them into boats that they would ride over the lake.

James, Sirius, and Cami ended in a boat with another boy. He introduced himself as Remus. He seemed a little sickly and pale, with golden eyes and hair to match. But he seemed friendly enough.

When the first years got to the castle they were met by a woman named Professor McGonagall. She was the head of Gryffindor house and seemed rather strict. She instructed them what to do when they got into the Great Hall, put on the hat. That's it. No pain, no test. A couple of first years were very relieved.

The eleven year-olds all collectively sighed as they entered the magnificent Hall. It was dazzling-the ceiling was bewitched to look like the night sky, sprinkled with stars.

The older students sat, appraising the fresh meat. Cami tried to wipe the apprehension off of her face as she and her peers approached the front. Before she knew it, the sorting was under way.

Two Hufflepuffs, a Slytherin, a Ravenclaw were sorted before Sirius was called up.

"Black, Sirius."

She held her breath for him.

"Gryffindor!"

Yes! He was ecsatatic, but glanced at the Slytherin table where his relatives did not seem happy. But at this moment? He didn't really care.

Another Slytherin and Hufflepuff passed and then Cami was up.

"DeAnima, Camilia."

Cami walked up to the stool, and McGonagall placed the hat on her head.

It barely touched before yelling.

"Gryffindor!"

Relief spead through Cami's body as she went to sit next to Sirius. He gave her a big smile then returned his attention to the front.

That Lily girl got into Gryffindor. Severus looked disappointed. Remus got into Gryffindor as well, and across from Sirius. A couple of more kids got sorted, including a little round boy by the name of Peter Pettigrew. The Sorting Hat was silent for a while before deciding on Gryffindor. Finally it was James' turn, and it was much like Cami's sorting.

Gryffindor was announced before the hat was even really on his head.

"Yes!" Sirius and Cami exclaimed.

First year was looking up.

.............

Within a year, Cami, Sirius, James, and Remus were inseparable. Peter even joined along after a while as well.

They even came up with a nickname for themselves- The Marauders.

The Marauders knew everything about each other. Well, pretty much. Remus didn't say much about how he had to visit his sick mother once a month, and Sirius wasn't really into talking about his family. But other than that, the Maruaders were as tight as can be.

First year soon passed, and the cornerstone of the Marauders was laid.
♠ ♠ ♠
OFFICIAL REBOOT- editing, cutting out, additions included. Yay! To my old readers: I haven't updated in forever so you probably forgot all about this anyway. Comments! Quick Updates!